Hey Haiti,Indonesia. How Bout A Little Gratitude?

I haven't seen any official Government announcements of thanks especially from nations like North Korea and Indonesia. I hear a lot of whining & complaining but i hear very little thanks. No one is entitled to these $Billions in Aid. Good people give these $Billions to help. They deserve much more than constant whining & complaining. Just a little gratitude. That's all i'm asking.

Why would they be grateful to a wingnut like you who doesn't want the US to give them anything? That's like expecting black people to thank the South for freeing them

RETARD, conservatives always give more to charity the liberal hypocrites like you! The Evangenicals, who you hate, always give to charity. They are all over the globe helping out in some of the worst places to be. They are constantly setting up orphanges, caring for the sick and providing food and shelter to the helpless!

So take your self-rigtheousness and shove!:evil:

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers
Conservatives More Liberal Givers
By George Will

WASHINGTON -- Residents of Austin, Texas, home of the state's government and flagship university, have very refined social consciences, if they do say so themselves, and they do say so, speaking via bumper stickers. Don R. Willett, a justice of the state Supreme Court, has commuted behind bumpers proclaiming "Better a Bleeding Heart Than None at All," "Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Beauty," "The Moral High Ground Is Built on Compassion," "Arms Are For Hugging," "Will Work (When the Jobs Come Back From India)," "Jesus Is a Liberal," "God Wants Spiritual Fruits, Not Religious Nuts," "The Road to Hell Is Paved With Republicans," "Republicans Are People Too -- Mean, Selfish, Greedy People" and so on. But Willett thinks Austin subverts a stereotype: "The belief that liberals care more about the poor may scratch a partisan or ideological itch, but the facts are hostile witnesses."

Sixteen months ago, Arthur C. Brooks, a professor at Syracuse University, published "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism." The surprise is that liberals are markedly less charitable than conservatives.

If many conservatives are liberals who have been mugged by reality, Brooks, a registered independent, is, as a reviewer of his book said, a social scientist who has been mugged by data. They include these findings:

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Brooks demonstrates a correlation between charitable behavior and "the values that lie beneath" liberal and conservative labels. Two influences on charitable behavior are religion and attitudes about the proper role of government.

The single biggest predictor of someone's altruism, Willett says, is religion. It increasingly correlates with conservative political affiliations because, as Brooks' book says, "the percentage of self-described Democrats who say they have 'no religion' has more than quadrupled since the early 1970s." America is largely divided between religious givers and secular nongivers, and the former are disproportionately conservative. One demonstration that religion is a strong determinant of charitable behavior is that the least charitable cohort is a relatively small one -- secular conservatives.

All you proved is that xtians lie about how much they give to charity.

Xtians also lie about how often they go to church. The # of people who actually show up in churches is far lower than the # of xtians who LIE and say they attend church regularly

What has happened to graciousness and gratitude in our World? All you see on the News is people whining & complaining about Aid being too slowly delivered to these nations suffering from natural disasters. But what about all the generous $Billions in Aid that is being given to these nations? Who do people think pay for this Aid? It's the hard-working Taxpayers from many Nations all over the World who pay for these $Billions in Aid. These $Billions don't just magically appear. It's real people who are giving their money to help. I still haven't seen nations like Indonesia or North Korea ever give an official Thank You for all the Aid that has been given to them over the years. My God,all we get from North Korea is more missile tests and threats of Nuclear Annihilation.

So how did we come to this? Why so many ingrates? Everyone just wants to take take take but never express gratitude. Just a little Thank You once and awhile really would go a long way. All we seem to get is more whining & complaining though. I guess i do blame the Left Wingers for this. They have created and encouraged an attitude of 'Entitlement.' Most around the World now just assume they're entitled to their $Billions in Aid and therefore don't ever have to express gratitude for it. Real people pay for this Aid though and certainly deserve some respect & gratitude. Instead all they receive is a big slap in the face. I do believe the Left Wingers have encouraged this mentality. No one is entitled to anything. Good people give Aid to these people in need but no one is entitled to it. So for once i would like to see these nations publicly give thanks to those who have helped them in their time of need. More whining & complaining doesn't exactly encourage more people to help anyway. Just a little thanks would be nice. So how bout it North Korea,Africa,Haiti,and Indonesia?

There are those for whom nothing given is ever enough. I give anyway.

Mebbe dey'll show some gratitude when the money trickles down...
:eusa_eh:
Haiti quake: Why isn't aid money going to Haitians?
11 January 2013 - Three years on from Haiti's devastating earthquake, the country's UN special envoy has revealed little official aid money has gone to the country's government and organisations. Why is the funding bypassing Haitians?
After the Earth shook beneath Haiti's capital Port-au-Prince in the late afternoon of 12 January 2010, the epic scale of the destruction soon became clear. Many of the country's poorly-constructed buildings had simply disintegrated, leaving 200,000 people dead and more than two million without homes. These scenes of human suffering prompted many of us to dig deep into our pockets and vast sums of money were raised by the UN, international charities and other non-governmental organisations. Public bodies pledged even more.

'Costly temporary clinics'

Some $9bn (£5.6bn) of international assistance was given - $3bn from private individuals and companies and $6bn from governments and global institutions (known as bilateral and multilateral donors), according to the Office of the Special Envoy for Haiti (OSE). But what the OSE and others have been asking is why less than 10% of the $6bn from public donors has gone to the Haitian government and why less than 1% was given to local organisations.

_65223355_haiti_fund_464.gif

"Public institutions were often and usually inadvertently sidelined by well-meaning organisations that rushed in to provide emergency services," says Deputy Special Envoy Dr Paul Farmer in the OSE report. "Many set up costly temporary clinics while the public sector institutions did not and do not have enough funds to pay the salaries of its doctors and nurses."

"Our experience in Haiti has reminded us that when it comes to aid dollars, how and where we spend them is often as important as how much we spend," he concludes. The report suggests that concerns about corruption and weak institutions meant international donors were reluctant to channel money through Haiti's organisations.

'Government support needed'

What? A thank you from Africa? You must be kidding. There is poverty and diseases everywhere and the world doesn't cara. The US and Europe only interfear on african business when there is something very important, like oil. North Korea, almost the same. Haiti has a big problem related to crime and the acceptance of the brazilian security force. The US some countries in Europe are highly developed. The US controls all the money on the earth. So if the US really wanted to give an end to all the world's problems, there would no problems at all. And the best way to do it is not through war and threatening (as usual), but giving opportunities to everyone. Ok I can't blame only the US. Actually I think that the british are much worse.

Forum List

Back