Hey Gunny

i thought he was an empty suit when he started his run in 2007, and he's done nothing since then to change my mind. ravi and some others from other boards i've posted on can vouch that i have said that about him consistently.

he can campaign, but unfortunately he hasn't the first idea of how to govern.
ironically, he's got that in common with bush.

go figure.

to paraphrase sir winston spencer churchill, "we're fucked."

And Churchill was wrong, wasn't he...

no, he wasn't

rent gallipolli

Hell, they started on Bush long before then.:lol:

Shit.. His name STILL ends up in practically every other thread.

As did Clinton's when Bush was president. So round and round we go. Ain't this fun?

Incorrect. Every time anyone brought up Bill's name the lefties went ape, pointing out he wasn't President anymore. Bush didn't even get the 365 day grace period y'all have allowed the Obama lama.

Ive seen one person post in this thread claiming Bush got his chance when that person was up his ass from Day One. Was here, saw it, got the t shirt.

While the hypocricy from the left is obvious, it isn't fun at all.

Incorrect. Every time anyone brought up Bill's name the lefties went ape, pointing out he wasn't President anymore. Bush didn't even get the 365 day grace period y'all have allowed the Obama lama.

Ive seen one person post in this thread claiming Bush got his chance when that person was up his ass from Day One. Was here, saw it, got the t shirt.

Not true, you weren't even here in 2001. None of us were..

Who gave Obama 365 day's grace? I did'nt see anybody doing that...From Day 1 he was hammered...

Last edited:
[

That would be a collective "you" - as if you didn't know that. :eusa_eh:

I didn't start any Obama threads..

I'm not that big a supporter of Obama. I think he is Ok at best, it's just that Bush was soooooooooooo bad, it makes even Barry look ok. If your president from 2001-2009 had been somebody in the vein of Eisenhower, or even Nixon pre Watergate, I believe the repubs would have won the WH again, or if Obama had won, he would look incompetent. However, Bush set the bar so low in terms of intelligence etc, that even an deaf, dumb, blind amoeba with a speech impediment looked good.

and indeed, he won. good call.

Luckily he couldn't run a third term...:cool:

Not true, you weren't even here in 2001. None of us were..

Who gave Obama 365 day's grace? I did'nt see anybody doing that...From Day 1 he was hammered...

True. I was on a different board. Didn't mean to give the impression I was here on this one. "Here" is the net.

By who? I gave him a chance until I couldn't take it anymore. By far the most common answer from the left a year ago was, "this is Bush's doing, give Obama some time."

WHile I gave him a chance, I DON'T accept the fact that the elitists in the Dem party voted against their constituents when Hillary should have been the Dem nominee. We sat back and let the media choose BOTH candidates. That's unsat, IMO.

Shit.. His name STILL ends up in practically every other thread.

As did Clinton's when Bush was president. So round and round we go. Ain't this fun?

An awful lot of people were extremely upset that the USSC seemed to determine the presidency, which is why Bush got off on the wrong foot. After that, nothing he did would be satisfactory to them. Frankly, I was more upset with the Supreme Court than I was George W. Bush and was willing to give him a shot. That's because I actually campaigned for his father when he ran against Ronald Reagan. So I had no ax to grind with the Bush family. I also was never that enamored of Al Gore, whom I thought lacked a key ingredient to being an effective president and that's charisma. Plus, I couldn't stand Joe Lieberman. So there ya go.

Forum List

Back