Hey Gunny, now that I have you ....

The Rum Tum Tugger is a tom with a wild mane and leopard spots on his chest. He is very fickle and unappeasable, "for he will do as he do do and there's no doing anything about it".
Hey Rum Tum Gunny, I just remembered Cats is based onT.S. Elliot's

jpeg1091766335.jpg

That aaarrrrggg was for both cats, CATS, and the word, possum. ;)

Wicked was very good, so was Jersey Boys, favorite of recent though, Dirty Dancing. Going again next Saturday and that's not cheap.

I'm looking for a rich boyfriend. ;)

My 14 year old niece turned me on to Wicked, the cd anyway. She sings it almost as well as Idina Menzell. We're supposed to go see it next spring. First time for me, 3rd time for her.
Dirty Dancing sounds good!
My boyfriend isn't rich but he's resourceful. The last musical we went to, Oklahoma, was playing in an old Belle Epoque theater and we had bought the cheapest seats in the 3rd balcony. Curing the overture he went to an usher and made up a story thayt I was terrified of heights and not feeling well at all on the steep balcony. The manager moved us to a box next to the stage at orchestra level.
I love musicals to the surprise of most everyone I know. But they are too expensive. Mostly I listen to Standing Room Only on WERS, Emerson College radio station, on Sat 10 to 2 and Sun 12 to 2. You can listen online. It's a great show!

My 14 year old niece turned me on to Wicked, the cd anyway. She sings it almost as well as Idina Menzell. We're supposed to go see it next spring. First time for me, 3rd time for her.
Dirty Dancing sounds good!
My boyfriend isn't rich but he's resourceful. The last musical we went to, Oklahoma, was playing in an old Belle Epoque theater and we had bought the cheapest seats in the 3rd balcony. Curing the overture he went to an usher and made up a story thayt I was terrified of heights and not feeling well at all on the steep balcony. The manager moved us to a box next to the stage at orchestra level.
I love musicals to the surprise of most everyone I know. But they are too expensive. Mostly I listen to Standing Room Only on WERS, Emerson College radio station, on Sat 10 to 2 and Sun 12 to 2. You can listen online. It's a great show!

I love to see the downtown productions when I can, habit from my youth. My budget doesn't stretch that far, other than 2 or 3 times per year. However we have a very nice professional theater outlet, Drury Lane in Oak Brook, that has mostly musicals. Last Sunday my brother, sister-in-law, and I went to see Mame. We also had the champagne brunch before the 2 pm show. Total cost for theater and brunch? $54.00. ;)

All 3 of the downtown performances were over $100. Dinner or lunch is at least $55.00, more with a drink.

I'm seriously thinking of buying next year's seasonal tickets-$115. The only catch is you must attend within the first week of opening. Still a very good buy and they're all musicals!

Last edited:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-L6rEm0rnY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-L6rEm0rnY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I don't know how I couldn't remember that! I think Cats might be coming here this year, I will have to let Gunny know when!:lol:

I love to see the downtown productions when I can, habit from my youth. My budget doesn't stretch that far, other than 2 or 3 times per year. However we have a very nice professional theater outlet, Drury Lane in Oak Brook, that has mostly musicals. Last Sunday my brother, sister-in-law, and I went to see Mame. We also had the champagne brunch before the 2 pm show. Total cost for theater and brunch? $54.00. ;)

All 3 of the downtown performances were over $100. Dinner or lunch is at least $55.00, more with a drink.

I'm seriously thinking of buying next year's seasonal tickets-$115. The only catch is you must attend within the first week of opening. Still a very good buy and they're all musicals!

That does sound like an excellent deal! I saw Hair at the local neighborhood community theatre last fall. ticket were something like $18. It was actually pretty good because we have lots of out of work theater majors in my towm. I love the music but I had forgotten how dumb women are portrayed in that show.

That does sound like an excellent deal! I saw Hair at the local neighborhood community theatre last fall. ticket were something like $18. It was actually pretty good because we have lots of out of work theater majors in my towm. I love the music but I had forgotten how dumb women are portrayed in that show.
Yeah! Really! We have a community theatre that sounds like yours in a town about a half an hour away that does really good summer shows, it is also ran by John Travolta's sister. I would also like to add his neice is annoying, she is one of the local radio DJ's, she thinks she is funny but I wouldn't use the word to describe her!

I love Prince! What you talking about?:razz:

I love Prince too. I remember buying his first album without having any idea what the music sounded like and in spite of being repulsed by the cover solely because of a song title.
Love his music but what an ego he has! I recently read that he has moved to LA and joined the Jehovah's Witnesses. He even does door to door missionary work on Saturdays. LOL!

Last edited:
I love Prince too. I remember buying his first album without having any idea what the music sounded like and in spite of being repulsed by the cover solely because of a song title.
Love his music but what an ego he has! I recently read that he has moved to LA and joined the Jehovah's Witnesses. He even does door to door missionary work on Saturdays. LOL!

Does he tell you that you don't have to be rich, to be his girl?

Forum List

Back