CDZ Hey GOP: What's wrong with truth?

GaryDog

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2016
9WwGNv6.jpg

If the Dems are so very very wrong, and untruthful, why does the GOP lie so much? Are they not comfortable with their truth? Is their truth not good enough?

9WwGNv6.jpg

If the Dems are so very very wrong, and untruthful, why does the GOP lie so much? Are they not comfortable with their truth? Is their truth not good enough?
Guess you're unaware of the (all too true) saying; "Lies, damn lies and statistics."

9WwGNv6.jpg

Guess you're unaware of the (all too true) saying; "Lies, damn lies and statistics."

Ummmm...please explain what that has to do with this. Thanks, in advance.

9WwGNv6.jpg

interesting chart.

If HIllary is so much more honest than Trump, why are their disapproval ratings so close together.

Why do so many claim Hillary is untrustworthy?

EVERY politician on BOTH sides lie, because if the American people were told the truth, they'd never elect anyone from EITHER party ever again.

9WwGNv6.jpg

It's a compilation of statistics, statistics by themselves are generally but not always simply facts, it's how those statistics are collated, compiled and interpreted. There are studies that the fact checkers are checked, one study at George Mason University Center for Media and Public Affairs shows that much of Politifact's data is based not on fact but on opinion with an opinion bias favorable towards the Democrats calling into question Politifacts supposed reliance on empirical data.
I find it sad that this has to be explained to people who believe they are well educated and well informed..........

The chart is real dramatic what with the red and blue and all. Trouble is, there is not much weight behind a bunch of colored lines without any supporting information. You know, like exactly what questions were asked and who answered them and how was it all collated to make the pretty chart.

The chart is real dramatic what with the red and blue and all. Trouble is, there is not much weight behind a bunch of colored lines without any supporting information. You know, like exactly what questions were asked and who answered them and how was it all collated to make the pretty chart.
That's how statistics get manipulated to serve whatever point you choose to make. People think because they are numbers, it MUST be factual. LOL

Politifact has a liberal bias. Everyone knows that.
If you don't like the message just shoot the messenger?

FactCheck.org is a nonpartisan, nonprofit “consumer advocate” for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics and they generally agree with Politifact. Is there a site that disagrees with Politifact? Maybe truth has a liberal bias?

That's how statistics get manipulated to serve whatever point you choose to make. People think because they are numbers, it MUST be factual. LOL
Yep. Shameful waste of numbers too.

Did you visit the site where all the supporting evaluations are?

9WwGNv6.jpg

It's a compilation of statistics, statistics by themselves are generally but not always simply facts, it's how those statistics are collated, compiled and interpreted. There are studies that the fact checkers are checked, one study at George Mason University Center for Media and Public Affairs shows that much of Politifact's data is based not on fact but on opinion with an opinion bias favorable towards the Democrats calling into question Politifacts supposed reliance on empirical data.
I find it sad that this has to be explained to people who believe they are well educated and well informed..........
Well, at least Politifact links it's sources so you can decide if you feel it's argument is valid. I don't go there much, but when I have, the links have not been "opinion pieces." Does it have a bias toward Democrats? Maybe so. I'm curious why no conservative or "unbiased" group has not taken up the flag and begun another better Politifact. They're pretty much the only game in town, aren't they?

9WwGNv6.jpg

Well, at least Politifact links it's sources so you can decide if you feel it's argument is valid. I don't go there much, but when I have, the links have not been "opinion pieces." Does it have a bias toward Democrats? Maybe so. I'm curious why no conservative or "unbiased" group has not taken up the flag and begun another better Politifact. They're pretty much the only game in town, aren't they?

Would it matter if they did? 80% of people have their heels dug in and don't care what the facts are anyway.

9WwGNv6.jpg

I think there are Politifact type right wing sites and organizations who do the same manipulating of data.
As for opinions I was referring to Politifacts use of non-empirical opinion data and calling it fact.

Did you visit the site where all the supporting evaluations are?
There was no link with the OP. Tell me, did you visit the site and read all the supporting evaluations? Explain it, then.

Forum List

Back