Hey folks

Powerman

Jul 23, 2005
Would you guys be opposed to Powerman posting some of his music on here?

I'm looking for some constructive criticism. Thanks.

Powerman said:
Would you guys be opposed to Powerman posting some of his music on here?

I'm looking for some constructive criticism. Thanks.

sure....uh why do you talk about yourself in the third person?

Powerman said:
It's an ESP LTD Eclipse.

sweet!......my family and my wife's family were both big music store families in the bay area.....pity neither of us can play a lick but we both love music....once again nice gitar work.....

Whoa, how do I resize this pic?

Funny...

In case anyone is wondering what the old guitar looks like here she is.

dscf00082hj.jpg

manu1959 said:
sweet!......my family and my wife's family were both big music store families in the bay area.....pity neither of us can play a lick but we both love music....once again nice gitar work.....

Thanks for the compliment.

By the way it's not a very expensive guitar but it damn sure plays like one. :banana:

I got this for under 500 and would happily take it over a 1000 dollar Gibson.

Powerman said:
Thanks for the compliment.

By the way it's not a very expensive guitar but it damn sure plays like one. :banana:

I got this for under 500 and would happily take it over a 1000 dollar Gibson.

sounded kinda like an olde gibson to me.....but my tonal ear was long destroyed.....

my partner collects gitars.....can't play for shit but must have half a mill in sticks

Okey dokey:

Good things: I didn't catch any bad notes, and you sound like you're techincally compitent.

Bad things: You sounded behind by the slightest bit throughout; I'm not sure if this is you, or some delay through the recording process. That's pretty nitpicky though. My big gripe is your reverb (or distortion, or whatever effect is causing the problem). The sound is too muddled, and it makes it difficult to hear your runs. It's good if you suck, because it hides any minor mistakes you might make, but if you're good it hides all your ability in a fuzz of noise. After about 20 seconds, my ears just started ringing from that distortion background noise. Did you have any reverb on? It sounds like that might be what's muddling it so bad. Clean up the guitar a little so your runs are crisper.

Otherwise, not too shabby. Blues is fun to play, aint it?

The ClayTaurus said:
Okey dokey:

Good things: I didn't catch any bad notes, and you sound like you're techincally compitent.

Bad things: You sounded behind by the slightest bit throughout; I'm not sure if this is you, or some delay through the recording process. That's pretty nitpicky though. My big gripe is your reverb (or distortion, or whatever effect is causing the problem). The sound is too muddled, and it makes it difficult to hear your runs. It's good if you suck, because it hides any minor mistakes you might make, but if you're good it hides all your ability in a fuzz of noise. After about 20 seconds, my ears just started ringing from that distortion background noise. Did you have any reverb on? It sounds like that might be what's muddling it so bad. Clean up the guitar a little so your runs are crisper.

Yeah it's lots of fun :banana:

I had the reverb effect on. I probaly should have bypassed it. I'll go with no reverb on the next take.

The ClayTaurus said:
Okey dokey:

and to think i have reped someone as thoughtless as you

Clay, I was going to rep you for your last post, but apparently I gotta spread the love a little. Anyway, that was one of the funnier/dumber posts I've seen in a while. Hats off to ya!

Forum List

Back