Hey. Deregulation Morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzler

Jul 25, 2016
What this country needs isn't less regulation, but MORE! Right now there are 1322 toxic sites in the U.S. that are supposed to be cleaned up by the "super fund" program. Which was started 36 years ago. I wonder if any have been. And for some, I doubt very much if they could be cleaned up. Maybe if there were more regulations, those areas wouldn't have become toxic to begin with. You know what else would have been nice is if there had been some regulation involved in the lumber business. I will show you some pictures that show what old growth forest is left.

Old-Growth-Forests-in-US.png

Clueless twit..... :lmao:

It's not that we are finding more new sites as much as old sites are being reclassified as toxic under newer protocols (more regulation in the form of more loosely defined, more inclusive parameters).
There are tons of regulations concerning the lumber industry and I don't know where your map showing loss of old growth comes from but it doesn't show grow since the mid 1800s. Heck the National Park Service actually removed 100 acres of trees on the Gettysburg battlefield to make it look as it did at the time of the battle. You think trees live forever? :lol:

Last edited:
Oh and many of the newly designated sites are former government/military sites dating back to WWI and WWII. Some newer sites are a result of legislation where the communities were fighting the government to either not designate a specific site or to actually designate a specific site.

What this country needs isn't less regulation, but MORE! Right now there are 1322 toxic sites in the U.S. that are supposed to be cleaned up by the "super fund" program. Which was started 36 years ago. I wonder if any have been. And for some, I doubt very much if they could be cleaned up. Maybe if there were more regulations, those areas wouldn't have become toxic to begin with. You know what else would have been nice is if there had been some regulation involved in the lumber business. I will show you some pictures that show what old growth forest is left.

I think you are being a little disingenous here. The fact is, for every tree that is cut down, the lumber industry plants new ones. International Paper, for instance, is one of the biggest forestry companies in the country.

2014 Sustainability Report

Now, I agree there needs to be common sense regulations, but this is an industry that kind of gets it mostly right.

• Banned

It's not that we are finding more new sites as much as old sites are being reclassified as toxic under newer protocols (more regulation in the form of more loosely defined, more inclusive parameters).
There are tons of regulations concerning the lumber industry and I don't know where your map showing loss of old growth comes from but it doesn't show grow since the mid 1800s. Heck the National Park Service actually removed 100 acres of trees on the Gettysburg battlefield to make it look as it did at the time of the battle. You think trees live forever? :lol:

I couldn't say how many sites are newer that have become toxic. But with decades of talk of deregulation and republican presidents, I wouldn't doubt that there are. And right now coal companies are blasting and plowing off mountain tops to get at coal instead of hiring miners. And what miners leave behind is far less toxic to the environment. And fracking pollutes ground water and causes earthquakes. That isn't very environmentally friendly either.

As to the forests, some have grown back. In parts of Michigan, it looks like they planted pine trees like they plant fields. Which has killed the natural biodiversity of the forests. And in one area that I know of called the Huron National Forest, the ground is poor. So the trees that they planted aren't growing back very well. Also, like it or not, old growth forests have a useful purpose. But for too many people, they see trees and dollar sings flash up in their excited faces just like they show in some old cartoons. ALL cutting down of trees in old growth forests should stop! Even that bullshit supposedly environmentally friendly selective cutting. What old growth forests that are left should never hear a chainsaw. Fuck the loss of jobs. REGULATION!!!!

• Banned
Oh and many of the newly designated sites are former government/military sites dating back to WWI and WWII. Some newer sites are a result of legislation where the communities were fighting the government to either not designate a specific site or to actually designate a specific site.

You are right. Some of the polluted sites were caused by the government. Basically, that's what I was talking about when I mentioned that some sites probably couldn't be cleaned up. Because the radiation has leaked into everything. But most of the toxic sites are from private companies who went in, did what they wanted and walked away. It's hard to get money out of a company that no longer exists.

• Banned

I think you are being a little disingenous here. The fact is, for every tree that is cut down, the lumber industry plants new ones. International Paper, for instance, is one of the biggest forestry companies in the country.

2014 Sustainability Report

Now, I agree there needs to be common sense regulations, but this is an industry that kind of gets it mostly right.

Yes. They plant trees. The kinds of trees that they want. But our forests used to be made up of many different kinds of trees. Most of which probably enhanced the ecological system in their own way. Next, you can see by the photographs of the old growth forests in the U.S. that they haven't gotten it right by a long shot.

Maybe if there were more regulations,

didn't the soviets and Red Chinese have plenty of regulation? Isn't that how 120 million slowly starved to death? Isn't that why our Founders gave us freedom from govt? A liberal is stupid, he believes in regulation the way a child believes in Santa Claus.

• Banned
Maybe if there were more regulations,

didn't the soviets and Red Chinese have plenty of regulation? Isn't that how 120 million slowly starved to death? Isn't that why our Founders gave us freedom from govt? A liberal is stupid, he believes in regulation the way a child believes in Santa Claus.

They may have had regulations. But they had the wrong kind. And in most instances, regulations took a back seat to maintaining power. Next, I told and showed you why regulations are necessary. Maybe you can ask santa clause to take away our toxic sites and give us at least 1/3 of our trees back.

Last edited:
They may have had regulations. But they had the wrong kind..

a liberal lacks the IQ to understand that our Founders gave us freedom from govt because throughout history govt elites always produced the wrong kind and killed hundreds of millions. Do you understand?

I couldn't say how many sites are newer that have become toxic. But with decades of talk of deregulation and republican presidents, I wouldn't doubt that there are. And right now coal companies are blasting and plowing off mountain tops to get at coal instead of hiring miners. And what miners leave behind is far less toxic to the environment. And fracking pollutes ground water and causes earthquakes. That isn't very environmentally friendly either.

As to the forests, some have grown back. In parts of Michigan, it looks like they planted pine trees like they plant fields. Which has killed the natural biodiversity of the forests. And in one area that I know of called the Huron National Forest, the ground is poor. So the trees that they planted aren't growing back very well. Also, like it or not, old growth forests have a useful purpose. But for too many people, they see trees and dollar sings flash up in their excited faces just like they show in some old cartoons. ALL cutting down of trees in old growth forests should stop! Even that bullshit supposedly environmentally friendly selective cutting. What old growth forests that are left should never hear a chainsaw. Fuck the loss of jobs. REGULATION!!!!
Welp, everyone should have a hobby. Head down to Florida and chain yourself to a Machineel. :thup:

They may have had regulations. But they had the wrong kind..

a liberal lacks the IQ to understand that our Founders gave us freedom from govt because throughout history govt elites always produced the wrong kind and killed hundreds of millions. Do you understand?

Governments aren't the problem. YOU are the problem. Because all governments basically are made up of people like you. Somebody around here started a thread called "Freedom Sucks." Maybe you should look it up and read it. Just about every bad thing that has happened is because somebody had the "freedom" to do so. Also, paradoxically, if everybody had freedom, nobody would have it. And if everybody had sovereignty, nobody would have it. Because no doubt that freedom and sovereignty would impinge on the freedom and sovereignty of someone else.

Just about every bad thing that has happened is because somebody had the "freedom" to do so..

when govt has freedom to do so they do as Hitler Stalin Mao and 1000 others did. This is the principle of America. Do you understand your own country now??? Do you see why conservative think of liberals as childlilke idiots?

Governments aren't the problem. YOU are the problem.

actually our Founding geniuses said govt was the problem

Thomas Jefferson once basically said that from time to time, the tree of liberty would need to be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Also, the founders also thought that the people were the problem. That's why they weren't given the right to vote. The average person still can't elect a president. The electorial college does that.

, I told and showed you way regulations are necessary. .
a liberal lacks the IQ to know that elites always feel their regualation is necessary. Do you think the soviets thought their regulations were unnecessary??

I don't know if the Russians had any regulations. If they did, they weren't any regulations that mattered.

actually dear communism is about 100% regulation of everything. 1+1=2

Just about every bad thing that has happened is because somebody had the "freedom" to do so..

when govt has freedom to do so they do as Hitler Stalin Mao and 1000 others did. This is the principle of America. Do you understand your own country now??? Do you see why conservative think of liberals as childlilke idiots?

Hitler was a god! Don't lump him in with those idiots Stalin and Mao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back