Hey Dan....

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
You're the only other one on the board I can remember who loved 28 Days Later as much as I did.

I heard a while back that there was supposed to be a Part II... have you heard if that's true and when it's coming out?

I hadn't heard anything about a part II, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sequel, it being a horror movie and all. I don't know if I'd like a sequel, I think the story ended in a perfect spot.

However, on the zombie movie front, the new remake of Dawn of the Dead comes out on DVD this coming Tuesday (just in time for Halloween). I've heard it's really good from people whose opinions I trust, so I'd definitely say check it out.

I'll try and poke around, see if I can find anything about this 28 Days Later sequel.

I poked around a bit and this is all I found from June....

Another 28 Weeks Later
Source: Variety June 21, 2004

Fox Searchlight is developing a sequel to 28 Days Later, the Danny Boyle-directed horror film that became a fall hit in 2002, reports Variety. The trade says that the tentative title is 28 Weeks Later and that the studio is in talks with Rowan Joffe (BBC's Last Resort) to write the script.

Boyle is not expected to direct the sequel, though he and screenwriter Alex Garland likely will take producing roles alongside the first film's producer, Andrew Macdonald.

In the original, a powerful virus is unleashed on the British public following a raid on a primate research facility by animal rights activists. Transmitted in a drop of blood and devastating within seconds, the virus locks those infected into a permanent state of murderous rage. Within 28 days the country is overwhelmed and a handful of survivors begin their attempts to salvage a future, little realizing that the deadly virus is not the only thing that threatens them.

The low-budget film, starring Cillian Murphy, grossed $45 million in the U.S. and north of $25 million overseas.

If you find anything more (like an estimated release date), let me know... Im dyin to see this...

I will definitely see this, but I'm still unsure.

The original was gritty and low-budget. It depended more on its performances and writing than special effects. I don't see the sequel following this pattern.

But, like I said, I'll watch it. I'd love for it to be shot on video again, but that's almost certainly not gonna happen.

I'll keep looking for more info. Judging by that article, if they're only "developing" the movie, they definitely won't have a release date yet. Development describes everything from someone saying "hey, let's make a sequel!" to the screenwriting process which can take anywhere from a few months to a few years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back