Hey Dan, Does This Qualify As A Poll?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://gutrumbles.com/archives2/000865.php#000865

am I shy?
Highly Sensitive Person Self Test

"ANSWER EACH QUESTION ACCORDING TO THE WAY YOU FEEL. ANSWER TRUE IF IT IS AT LEAST MODERATELY TRUE FOR YOU. ANSWER FALSE IF IT IS NOT VERY TRUE OR NOT TRUE AT ALL FOR YOU."

1. I SEEM TO BE AWARE OF SUBTLETIES IN MY ENVIRONMENT.

(True. I believe that I think in images rather than pure thought. A smell, a sound, the fabric under my ass... all of that stuff combines in my mind to make a PICTURE, and from that picture comes my reality. Is that weird?)

2. OTHER PEOPLE'S MOOD AFFECT ME.

(False. I am an insensitive swine.)

3. I TEND TO BE VERY SENSITIVE TO PAIN.

(True and false. I have an incredible tolerance for pain from the neck down. I've been fucked-up with injuries so much in my life that pain is a part of getting out of bed anymore each day. But I have NO TOLERANCE for the pain a dentist can inflict. Something about my teeth just put you too close to the little man working the levers in the Control Room of my brain. You don't belong here. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED!!! STAY OUT!!!

4. I FIND MYSELF NEEDING TO WITHDRAW DURING BUSY DAYS, INTO BED OR INTO A DARKENED ROOM OR ANY PLACE WHERE I CAN HAVE SOME PRIVACY AND RELIEF FROM STIMULATION.

(False. Shit, no. I have another dark confession to make on this blog: I LOVED busy days at work. I liked it when we had a CRISIS!!! I was at my best when the shit hit the fan. I was bored with my job sometimes when everything ran well for a long time.)

5. I AM PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE TO THE EFFECTS OF CAFFEINE.

(False. I see no need to elaborate.)

6. I AM EASILY OVERWHELMED BY THINGS LIKE BRIGHT LIGHTS, STRONG SMELLS, COARSE FABRICS, OR SIRENS CLOSE BY.

(False. It takes a lot more than that shit to overwhelm me.)

7. I HAVE A RICH, COMPLEX INNER LIFE.

(True. I attribute a lot of that to my bent brain-function that processes images more easily than it does numbers. I believe that thinking that way inspires imagination. And yeah, I talk to myself, too)

8. I AM MADE UNCOMFORTABLE BY LOUD NOISES.

(BWHAHAHAHAAAA!!! False. I like to MAKE loud noises.)

9. I AM DEEPLY MOVED BY THE ARTS OR MUSIC.

(True. Music sometimes makes me cry.)

10. I AM CONSCIENTIOUS

(True and false. I am VERY conscientious about some things and totally "give a shit" about others. If I were conscientious, my kitchen would look better than it does.)

11. I STARTLE EASILY

(False. Although that question startled me.)

12. I GET RATTLED WHEN I HAVE A LOT TO DO IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME

(False. I learned a long time ago that when the plate is too full, you can't eat it all. Take care of what you can handle and delay the rest. I was good at doing that. I never got rattled.)

13. WHEN PEOPLE ARE UNCOMFORTABLE IN A PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT, I TEND TO KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE (LIKE CHANGING THE LIGHTING OR SEATING).

(False. If they don't like it, let 'em leave.)

14. I AM ANNOYED WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO GET ME TO DO MANY THINGS AT ONCE.

(False. Go back and read my answer to question #12.)

15. I TRY HARD TO AVOID MAKING MISTAKES OR FORGETTING THINGS.

(True... but I really don't TRY HARD at anything anymore. Been there, done that.)

16. I MAKE A POINT TO AVOID VIOLENT MOVIES AND TV SHOWS.

(False. I love 'em. The more gore, the better. I am a savage at heart.)

17. I BECOME UNPLEASANTLY AROUSED WHEN A LOT IS GOING ON AROUND ME.

(Huh? I don't understand the question. I've never been "unpleasantly aroused" in my life, even after that night in Tampa when I woke up with this... never mind. That's Too Much Information.)

18. CHANGES IN MY LIFE SHAKE ME UP.

True. Yeah, the big ones surely do.)

19. I NOTICE AND ENJOY DELICATE OR FINE SCENTS, TASTES, SOUNDS, AND WORKS OF ART.

(True. I love good food. I don't do it anymore, but I once liked to shop for wine and find some unheard-of vintage that was PERFECT for the meal I planned that night. I like interesting tastes. And I love music.)

20. I MAKE IT A HIGH PRIORITY TO ARRANGE MY LIFE TO AVOID UPSETTING OR OVERWHELMING SITUATIONS.

(False. Fuck it. Hit me with your best shot.)

21. WHEN I MUST COMPETE OR BE OBSERVED WHILE PERFORMING A TASK, I BECOME SO NERVOUS OR SHAKY THAT I DO MUCH WORSE THAN I WOULD OTHERWISE.

(False. I've always wanted to be a champion, but I never had what it took to achieve that goal. I've been GOOD at many things, but never great. But I have NEVER choked when the chips were down. That's part of my show-off nature. I usually do my best when a lot of people are watching.)

22. WHEN I WAS A CHILD, MY PARENTS OR TEACHERS SEEMED TO SEE ME AS SENSITIVE OR SHY.

(False. I had to be told to "SHUT UP!" a lot.)

I just thought I'd throw that post out so you get to know and love Acidman better than you did before.

Posted by Acidman @ 11:29 AM

http://gutrumbles.com/archives2/000865.php#000865

am I shy?
Highly Sensitive Person Self Test

"ANSWER EACH QUESTION ACCORDING TO THE WAY YOU FEEL. ANSWER TRUE IF IT IS AT LEAST MODERATELY TRUE FOR YOU. ANSWER FALSE IF IT IS NOT VERY TRUE OR NOT TRUE AT ALL FOR YOU."

1. I SEEM TO BE AWARE OF SUBTLETIES IN MY ENVIRONMENT.

True. yeah, I am aware of what is going on around me. I find 'nuance' where non exists.

2. OTHER PEOPLE'S MOOD AFFECT ME.

Not much. I tend to be 'me' centered.

3. I TEND TO BE VERY SENSITIVE TO PAIN.

Nope. I have a high pain threshold. According to my doc, too high.

4. I FIND MYSELF NEEDING TO WITHDRAW DURING BUSY DAYS, INTO BED OR INTO A DARKENED ROOM OR ANY PLACE WHERE I CAN HAVE SOME PRIVACY AND RELIEF FROM STIMULATION.

Only regarding personal stuff. Not 'global' or 'work' related.

5. I AM PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE TO THE EFFECTS OF CAFFEINE.

I love caffeine!

6. I AM EASILY OVERWHELMED BY THINGS LIKE BRIGHT LIGHTS, STRONG SMELLS, COARSE FABRICS, OR SIRENS CLOSE BY.

Nope, I have a high tolerance for such.

7. I HAVE A RICH, COMPLEX INNER LIFE.

Hmm, yah, what was said.

8. I AM MADE UNCOMFORTABLE BY LOUD NOISES.

Nope, can't hear them.

9. I AM DEEPLY MOVED BY THE ARTS OR MUSIC.

Yeah, I cry easily! Be nice to me, I'm sensative!

10. I AM CONSCIENTIOUS

Depends on what we're talking about.

11. I STARTLE EASILY

Yeah, blame the caffeine.

12. I GET RATTLED WHEN I HAVE A LOT TO DO IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME

Nah, I thrive on it.

13. WHEN PEOPLE ARE UNCOMFORTABLE IN A PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT, I TEND TO KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE (LIKE CHANGING THE LIGHTING OR SEATING).

Actually, I don't care. They should learn to deal with...

14. I AM ANNOYED WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO GET ME TO DO MANY THINGS AT ONCE.

Nope, again I thrive on this.

15. I TRY HARD TO AVOID MAKING MISTAKES OR FORGETTING THINGS.

I just do what I do, don't worry about mistakes, they'll be dealt with down the road.

16. I MAKE A POINT TO AVOID VIOLENT MOVIES AND TV SHOWS.

YUP.

17. I BECOME UNPLEASANTLY AROUSED WHEN A LOT IS GOING ON AROUND ME.

Nope.

18. CHANGES IN MY LIFE SHAKE ME UP.

I've gotten used to these.

19. I NOTICE AND ENJOY DELICATE OR FINE SCENTS, TASTES, SOUNDS, AND WORKS OF ART.

Yes.

20. I MAKE IT A HIGH PRIORITY TO ARRANGE MY LIFE TO AVOID UPSETTING OR OVERWHELMING SITUATIONS.

Nope.

21. WHEN I MUST COMPETE OR BE OBSERVED WHILE PERFORMING A TASK, I BECOME SO NERVOUS OR SHAKY THAT I DO MUCH WORSE THAN I WOULD OTHERWISE.

Nope. I love performing.

22. WHEN I WAS A CHILD, MY PARENTS OR TEACHERS SEEMED TO SEE ME AS SENSITIVE OR SHY.

yeah, I was a 'selective mute', look it up!

Posted by Acidman @ 11:29 AM

Forum List

Back