Hey CrimsonWhite...

Slow your roll, Dave ...

The Mets are under .500 and still gasping for air after choking the last two seasons.

Every single team that has won the world series starts off their first month below .500. This isn't football.

you're an idiot.

The 1984 Detroit Tigers won the 1984 World Series, defeating the San Diego Padres, 4 games to 1. The season was their 84th since they entered the American League in 1901 and their fourth World Series championship. Detroit relief pitcher Willie Hernandez won the Cy Young Award and was chosen as the American League Most Valuable Player. The 1984 season is also notable for the Tigers leading the AL East division wire-to-wire. They opened with a 10-1 start, were 35-5 after 40 games, and never relinquished the lead during the entire season.

April 29: Dan Petry pitches 8 scoreless innings, and the Tigers beat the Indians, 6-1. Alan Trammell hits a double to extend his hitting streak to 17 games. The Tigers finish the month of April with a record of 18-2.

1984 Detroit Tigers season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you should stick to something you know, like whining :lol:

Additionally, the 2009 Red Sox were 14-9 in April, thus disproving your claim yet again.

Every single team that has won the world series starts off their first month below .500. This isn't football.

you're an idiot.

The 1984 Detroit Tigers won the 1984 World Series, defeating the San Diego Padres, 4 games to 1. The season was their 84th since they entered the American League in 1901 and their fourth World Series championship. Detroit relief pitcher Willie Hernandez won the Cy Young Award and was chosen as the American League Most Valuable Player. The 1984 season is also notable for the Tigers leading the AL East division wire-to-wire. They opened with a 10-1 start, were 35-5 after 40 games, and never relinquished the lead during the entire season.

April 29: Dan Petry pitches 8 scoreless innings, and the Tigers beat the Indians, 6-1. Alan Trammell hits a double to extend his hitting streak to 17 games. The Tigers finish the month of April with a record of 18-2.

Additionally, the 2009 Red Sox were 14-9 in April, thus disproving your claim yet again.

I like you in a totally non-gay way.

Slow your roll, Dave ...

The Mets are under .500 and still gasping for air after choking the last two seasons.

you must be from south jersey :D

Puleeze.... That's an entirely different country!

sorry, i thought you were a phillies phan.

It's OK.... I keep forgetting that I'm new here, and my <sarcasm> needs to be so noted.... <g>

you're an idiot.

I like you in a totally non-gay way.

Like, TOTALLY!

no worries. what's your team?

Mets, but it was an acquired taste. Originally from Baltimore, I was a huge Orioles fan. However, it wears off after a while (moved up here rather young), and I never got over the American League instituting the DH. It just isn't the same game for me.

Mets, but it was an acquired taste. Originally from Baltimore, I was a huge Orioles fan. However, it wears off after a while (moved up here rather young), and I never got over the American League instituting the DH. It just isn't the same game for me.

it's a different game in some ways, but ironically the introduction of the DH emphasized pitching, imo. sox guy myself. i remember where i was when the ball went through buckner's legs in the same way my parents remembered where they were when JFK was shot.

it's a different game in some ways, but ironically the introduction of the DH emphasized pitching, imo. sox guy myself. i remember where i was when the ball went through buckner's legs in the same way my parents remembered where they were when JFK was shot.

Now that was "the heartbreak of defeat". In this house, we'd rather see them win than the Yankees though. LOL

Anyway, I don't see the emphasis on pitching so much as on batting. Take the pitcher out of the lineup, and you don't have to worry about whether or not to put in a reliever in order to pinch-hit in a tight situtation. Your ninth guy still isn't as bad as the best pitcher at the plate.

Oh, and all of a sudden this isn't how the thread started.... <g>

Gotta to for now.... Later....

New Topics

Forum List

Back