Hey CNN Heroin is not just a New Hampshire problem

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
If you live in a small or medium size town and have kids, you better start paying real close attention to drug use, especially Heroin. It's really cheap, it's easy to get and it is a killer. Pay attention to your kids because no one else will. Good that CNN is running a story on this but it will be one and done and then back to Trump bashing.

Cheap smokeable Heroin has been pouring across wide open southern border for many years now. Don't need to shoot it up for tryout. Kids try it out........few times. Feels good. Run out.......feel sick. Get more. Feel good. Repeat. Need money. miss school, work. Steal lie..........got to have more or else feel like they have the Flu all day long for weeks. Nobody wants to close the damn border? too late now. You are 100% spot on. Epidemic. These leaders don't care.

I live in a community of about 15,000 residents. A friend recently confided to me that her son got hooked on heroin several years ago. His sister (my friend's daughter) contracted a form of Leukemia in her teen years, and in addition to chemo was prescribed pain killers. Her brother got hold of them, then after his sister kicked the cancer he was left cold turkey. So he turned to heroin. I never figured this kid would do anything like that. He's off the shit these days but the whole experience took a toll on that entire family.

I myself am prone to chemical dependency. I did a dance with Meth years ago. I've done pretty much the entire alphabet of drugs in the past 45 years. But I finally realized that if I avoid other people who do the shit, then it will be out of sight and out of mind.

The whole irony of this is that today I am all too familiar with the only two regulated and taxed drugs on the public market - alcohol and tobacco.

It's funny how the government can come up with a campaign such as "just say no to drugs" while they rake in billions in taxes on booze and tobacco.

If you live in a small or medium size town and have kids, you better start paying real close attention to drug use, especially Heroin. It's really cheap, it's easy to get and it is a killer. Pay attention to your kids because no one else will. Good that CNN is running a story on this but it will be one and done and then back to Trump bashing.

They smoke heroin now a days???

I wonder what that high is like, if it is any different then snorting or shooting it up?

I never even heard of meth and all the Damn pills till I moved to South Carolina 12 years ago, up in chicago it was always weed, coke and heroin with a little bit of schrooms and hash around.

Granny says, "Dat's right - dey need to lock dealers up an' throw away the key...
icon_grandma.gif

Better laws needed in heroin fight
Tuesday 24th May, 2016 - Lawmakers nationally and locally are swinging into action to face a crisis that’s terrifying constituents: the skyrocketing number of deaths from addictions to heroin and prescription painkillers.
Nationally, 28,647 deaths were linked to opiates in 2014, and that number gave the drugs a grisly honor: opiate overdoses have overtaken car accidents to become the leading cause of accidental death in the United States. And on Long Island the numbers are worse per capita than the national tallies. In 2015, 442 people in Nassau and Suffolk died of opiate overdoses, a rate about two-thirds higher than the national average. But what exactly can lawmakers do to combat the problem? A lot. There are no quick or easy fixes to prevent addiction or to guarantee recovery from it, but stronger policies would help. As deadlines for legislative sessions in Washington and Albany approach, pressure for better laws is building.

And so is pressure to stymie better laws, in some cases. Drug manufacturers don’t want to see pill sales curtailed. Physicians don’t want new education requirements or mandated changes in how they prescribe drugs or talk to patients about them. Insurance companies don’t want to pay more for inpatient addiction treatment or replacement drugs that make it easier for addicts to get clean. And defense attorneys don’t want to see harsher penalties for drug dealers. But these are exactly the things that must happen to get this epidemic under control. In Washington, the House of Representatives last week passed a bipartisan set of 18 bills that addressed drug trafficking, increased treatment, and protecting addicted minors and veterans. But before they mean anything, those bills must be reconciled with omnibus legislation the Senate approved in March, and funding will have to be provided. Even then much of the legislation mandates changes at the state level, where most of the crucial policies are controlled.

image.JPG

Heroin seized from a false compartment inside a truck bound for Hauppauge is displayed during a news conference at a Drug Enforcement Administration location in Manhattan​

In New York, opiate task forces in the Senate and Assembly have wrapped up, and Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s task force is set to make recommendations early next month, for legislation that must be passed by the session’s end on June 16. The early battle lines are being drawn by bills the Senate passed last week and the pleas of families and treatment providers all too familiar with the problems. Among the best proposed measures is one that would make it easier to hold recent overdose victims for treatment against their will.

Another big step would be limiting an initial opiate painkiller prescription for acute pain to a five-day supply, keeping a huge volume of unneeded pain medicine out of cabinets and off the streets. More continuing education for doctors and addiction counselors is crucial. Stiffer penalties for serious dealers are a must. And bigger, better anti-heroin education programs in schools have to be mandated, because opiate addiction is so hard to break that preventing it first is the most important step. A big piece of getting the addiction crisis under control is building the legal and societal framework that’s needed to combat it. That’s the part lawmakers have to get right, right now.

Editorial: Better laws needed in heroin fight

They only focused on there because now that white kids are dropping from the shit they no longer see it as a jailable offense. NOW they should have treatment and help and parents who give a shit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back