Hey....Christina Aguillera........

She knows the words. Not certain why everyone hates Christina lately. I used to love that song Genie in a Bottle..
You obviously didn't see it.

This has nothing to do with allegedly hating Agulera...It has to do with the fact that she absolutely butchered the National Anthem on the biggest stage she will ever have.

Two words: Total...Disaster.

Are you guys gonna hate The Black Eyed Peas too?

No, I didn't see it.

Still 0-0

Christina might know the words but she didn't know them when it counted, and that's what counts. She didn't sound very good either. I like her and thinks she has a good voice but she didn't last night. And sorry, there's no excuse for screwing up the words to the Star Spangled Banner, especially for a professional singer.

As for the Black Eyed Peas? Worst half-time show, they totally sucked. I mean . . . completely. Just goes to show you what little talent they actually have when they don't have their recording studio and all the bells and whistles that help make them 'sound good'.

This has nothing to do with allegedly hating Agulera...It has to do with the fact that she absolutely butchered the National Anthem on the biggest stage she will ever have.

No, I didn't see it.

Still 0-0

Christina might know the words but she didn't know them when it counted, and that's what counts. She didn't sound very good either. I like her and thinks she has a good voice but she didn't last night. And sorry, there's no excuse for screwing up the words to the Star Spangled Banner, especially for a professional singer.

As for the Black Eyed Peas? Worst half-time show, they totally sucked. I mean . . . completely. Just goes to show you what little talent they actually have when they don't have their recording studio and all the bells and whistles that help make them 'sound good'.

Autotune:
Antares Auto-Tune Evo Pitch Correcting Plug-In

Auto-Tune - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Auto-Tune is a proprietary[2] audio processor created by Antares Audio Technologies. Auto-Tune uses a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances. It is used to disguise off-key inaccuracies and mistakes, and has allowed singers to perform perfectly tuned vocal tracks without the need of singing in tune. While its main purpose is to slightly bend sung pitches to the nearest true semitone (to the exact pitch of the nearest tone in traditional equal temperament), Auto-Tune can be used as an effect to distort the human voice when pitch is raised/lowered significantly.[3]

Auto-Tune is available as a plug-in for professional audio multi-tracking suites used in a studio setting, and as a stand-alone, rack-mounted unit for live performance processing.[4] Auto-Tune has become standard equipment in professional recording studios.[5]

One of the worst renditions since Enrico Palazzo

No, I didn't see it.

Still 0-0

A new Super Bowl record was set for the worst halftime show ever. It looked and sounded like a giant exercise video and what was with the boxes on heads? Everyone connected with that show should've worn a box on their head......for the rest of the year.

No, I didn't see it.

Still 0-0

A new Super Bowl record was set for the worst halftime show ever. It looked and sounded like a giant exercise video and what was with the boxes on heads? Everyone connected with that show should've worn a box on their head......for the rest of the year.

Boxes on heads....no. They were blockheads. :lol:

You all were just shitting all over the talent which I'm sure you do every year.

Only when the talent sucks. Prince was good a few years back, as was Aerosmith. Even Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake sounded good during their performances, wardrobe malfunction or not.

Nobody ever sounds that good at the Superbowl.

False. Plenty of people have sounded great. See above.

At least Christina and the Black Eyed Peas sang for real and didn' lip sync.

They should consider it.

Like Michael Jackson did.. I loved MJ's music but you are being a bit unfair.

:confused:

Are you basing this on the link I posted? The video and audio are off, but he certainly did not lip sync that performance.

I'm sorry you have such terrible taste in music, but you're doing a pretty shitty job of defending it.

Boxes on heads....no. They were blockheads. :lol:

tumblr_l415lazGYd1qbo1t5o1_400.jpg

"In a statement, Aguilera tells fans: "I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place. I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

Google News

"In a statement, Aguilera tells fans: "I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place. I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

Google News

Cut her some slack......it wasn't intentional and everyone screws up once in a while

Google News

Nope, only thing people felt (lyric flub aside) was an urge to shove a grapefruit in her face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could deal with Aguillera. Not anywhere near ideal, but my ears didn't bleed so whatever.

But the halftime show... Jebus that was awful.

Just fucking terrible.

I didn't watch all of it because it was the best time for a smoke break, but you could still kind of hear it outside. Axl Rose should sue Fergie for defamation.

btw, I went on youtube and looked it up just so I could do the thumbs down thing on it (and something has to be TERRIBLE for me to do that), and the thumbs down are already twice the number of thumbs up. :lol:

Granny says, "Dat's what we oughta do...

... make `em sing the National Anthem at the border...

... a-fore we let `em in."
:tongue:

No, I didn't see it.

Still 0-0

Makes ya miss the old "Up with People" halftime shows

Smile+Til+It+Hurts+3.png

Last edited:
Granny says if she messes it up again - send her back to Hispexico...
:redface:
Christina Aguilera Gets Another Chance to Recover from Super Fumble
February 08, 2011 | Everyone deserves a second chance, even if you are Christina Aguilera.
Days after messing up "The Star Spangled Banner" in front of 100 million people, The Brooklyn Cyclones are offering Aguilera a second chance to get it right. On Tuesday, the minor league baseball team invited the Staten Island native to sing a do-over of the song she publicly botched.

Aguilera messed up one of the lines of the national anthem before Sunday's Super Bowl in Arlington, Texas. Christina's fumble happened right after the twilights last gleaming and the perilous fight. The line that follows is: "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming."

Instead she made up a line, a creative combination that included a previous line with a bit of Christina improv : "What so proudly we watched at the twilights last gleaming." Cyclones general manager Steve Cohen said in a statement that "when a player makes a mistake, they usually don't get a shot at redemption, but with a singer, that's a different story."

Source

Forum List

Back