Hey Christians, why are you clebrating paganism?

How is celebrating The birth of Jesus Christ celebrating Paganism? That is the point of Christmas after all.

Is there some rule that I don't know about that says two religions can't have holidays around the same time? Are we really celebrating Judaism too? I mean Hanukkah is around the same time too.

The precise date is lost to time. The Church wanted to celebrate the birth of the Savior. They had flexibility to manuever the celebration to a time where other Christian celebrations weren't already happening. Not to mention the fact that this time of year is a testament to the death and resurrection of life. Seem's appropriate to celebrate the birth of Risen Lord during the week the year is reborn.

I highly doubt the Lord cares when we celebrate His Birthday. If He did, I am sure He would have mentioned in by now. I think He is more focused on what it makes us become. Do we offer up a broken heart and a contrite Spirit to Him, or do we become materialistic selfish pigs?

As for when Christ was actually born. I am looking more toward April. It was tax time after all.

but ABS, since ''they have no clue, on where the Holiday originated'' then they are not celebrating the Pagan origins, they ARE celebrating/acknowledging, the birth of Christ. NO HARM, NO FOUL in my humble opinion.

That's just it. His argument really doesn't hold up under close scrutiny.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more this whole thread and topic comes off as him saying "I am so much smarter than all those ignorant idiots". Not really sure what the point of that is.

How is celebrating The birth of Jesus Christ celebrating Paganism? That is the point of Christmas after all.

Is there some rule that I don't know about that says two religions can't have holidays around the same time? Are we really celebrating Judaism too? I mean Hanukkah is around the same time too.

The precise date is lost to time. The Church wanted to celebrate the birth of the Savior. They had flexibility to manuever the celebration to a time where other Christian celebrations weren't already happening. Not to mention the fact that this time of year is a testament to the death and resurrection of life. Seem's appropriate to celebrate the birth of Risen Lord during the week the year is reborn.

I highly doubt the Lord cares when we celebrate His Birthday. If He did, I am sure He would have mentioned in by now. I think He is more focused on what it makes us become. Do we offer up a broken heart and a contrite Spirit to Him, or do we become materialistic selfish pigs?

As for when Christ was actually born. I am looking more toward April. It was tax time after all.
actually, the early church didnt celebrates someones birth at all

o i see we have another...all pagans are wiccans ...what bullmal....

early christians adopted pagan holidays to convert the pagans to christianity.....all the major christian holidays are based on pagan holidays...

as a good pagan ....i enjoy any celebration.....life is too short to refuse happiness

Well, if you think about it logically, tax time would be at the end of the fall, when the shepherds had finished with their flocks, and after the harvest for the farmers.

Additionally, it's also the time of the census, which would mean that they want to maximize the number of people actually counted, so again, they would wait until after all the harvest work had been done, but they wouldn't expect people to travel during the middle of winter, because the people would more likely not show up.

Nope..........the reason December 25th was picked was to make it acceptable to the pagans in Rome at the time, so they could get more people into the new belief system.

Wanna talk about the Yule Log and Wassiling? And that's just for starters..........remember, there was a time that Christmas was NOT celebrated in the US.

Well, if you think about it logically, tax time would be at the end of the fall, when the shepherds had finished with their flocks, and after the harvest for the farmers.

Additionally, it's also the time of the census, which would mean that they want to maximize the number of people actually counted, so again, they would wait until after all the harvest work had been done, but they wouldn't expect people to travel during the middle of winter, because the people would more likely not show up.

Nope..........the reason December 25th was picked was to make it acceptable to the pagans in Rome at the time, so they could get more people into the new belief system.

Wanna talk about the Yule Log and Wassiling? And that's just for starters..........remember, there was a time that Christmas was NOT celebrated in the US.
most christians know this

You know.......every year around this time, I start wondering the same old question.......

Why are good Christians celebrating pagan holidays? Do they know that Christmas is timed to coincide with the Winter Solstice? Do they also understand that Yeshua was actually born around the end of October?

How about Christmas caroling? Do you know the origins of that? What about Santa Claus and his flying reindeer? Know what made them fly? Legend has it that it was the Amantia Muscaria mushroom used by Siberian shaman.

Do they also understand that Christianity was mixed with paganism via the Catholic church and the Roman Empire?

And the........there's that little thing of remembering exactly who HaShem is, and not worshiping any false gods or idols.

So, why are you Christians celebrating paganism?

Most of them do not understand the real history of Christmas.
"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

Ohh wait that is about the fertility rites of spring equinox.

Link?

You know.......every year around this time, I start wondering the same old question.......

Why are good Christians celebrating pagan holidays? Do they know that Christmas is timed to coincide with the Winter Solstice? Do they also understand that Yeshua was actually born around the end of October?

How about Christmas caroling? Do you know the origins of that? What about Santa Claus and his flying reindeer? Know what made them fly? Legend has it that it was the Amantia Muscaria mushroom used by Siberian shaman.

Do they also understand that Christianity was mixed with paganism via the Catholic church and the Roman Empire?

And the........there's that little thing of remembering exactly who HaShem is, and not worshiping any false gods or idols.

So, why are you Christians celebrating paganism?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXKWKaxt3c[/ame]

Maypole? Don't celebrate that day either Many Poled.

You know dude........if you had as many dicks poking outta you as you've had shoved in, you'd look like a fucking porcupine.

I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread.

"Rome mixing in Christianity with Paganism because they wanted their people to accept it".

And? Worked out pretty well, don't you think?

If you don't practice Christianity and follow another faith (or none at all), great. Why pick an argument with those who do follow Christianity? Or more to the point, why are you calling Christians dumb (that certainly seems to be the point of your thread title)?

Like I said, I find it kinda hypocritical when people who claim to worship Yeshua and HaShem use pagan rites to celebrate their birth.

I mean.......if you became famous, wouldn't you kinda want people who celebrated YOUR birth to use the right day? I would.

Christians aren't the only ones that celebrate Christmas.

And why do you care who does what?

Isn't this a free country?

Merry Christmas!

*I'll look forward to your Easter thread, and why Colored Eggs and the Easter Bunny are evil.

I kinda find it hypocritical, you know........supposed to be worshiping HaShem and Yeshua, yet you're doing it via pagan rites.

By the way, Easter is another one of them holidays. I mean, really........what does resurrection have to do with rabbits? And the Sunrise Service that most Christians celebrate? Guess what........that is a pagan ritual as well, known as the Spring Solstice. Also explains why sometimes Easter comes BEFORE Palm Sunday.
Christians are retards who know nothing about their own religon

I never knew you belonged to the Universal Roman Church of Pederasty :eusa_eh:
History fail.

It was timed to match existing Roman (read: pagan) festivals when their beliefs were incorporated into the Universal ['Catholic'] Church

All hail the god of this world!

I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Forum List

Back