Hey Christians, why are you clebrating paganism?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know.......every year around this time, I start wondering the same old question.......

Why are good Christians celebrating pagan holidays? Do they know that Christmas is timed to coincide with the Winter Solstice? Do they also understand that Yeshua was actually born around the end of October?

How about Christmas caroling? Do you know the origins of that? What about Santa Claus and his flying reindeer? Know what made them fly? Legend has it that it was the Amantia Muscaria mushroom used by Siberian shaman.

Do they also understand that Christianity was mixed with paganism via the Catholic church and the Roman Empire?

And the........there's that little thing of remembering exactly who HaShem is, and not worshiping any false gods or idols.

So, why are you Christians celebrating paganism?

Christians aren't the only ones that celebrate Christmas.

And why do you care who does what?

Isn't this a free country?

Merry Christmas!

*I'll look forward to your Easter thread, and why Colored Eggs and the Easter Bunny are evil.

You know.......every year around this time, I start wondering the same old question.......

Why are good Christians celebrating pagan holidays? Do they know that Christmas is timed to coincide with the Winter Solstice? Do they also understand that Yeshua was actually born around the end of October?

How about Christmas caroling? Do you know the origins of that? What about Santa Claus and his flying reindeer? Know what made them fly? Legend has it that it was the Amantia Muscaria mushroom used by Siberian shaman.

Do they also understand that Christianity was mixed with paganism via the Catholic church and the Roman Empire?

And the........there's that little thing of remembering exactly who HaShem is, and not worshiping any false gods or idols.

Most of them do not understand the real history of Christmas.
"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

Ohh wait that is about the fertility rites of spring equinox.

Last edited:

Merry Christmas!

*I'll look forward to your Easter thread, and why Colored Eggs and the Easter Bunny are evil.

I kinda find it hypocritical, you know........supposed to be worshiping HaShem and Yeshua, yet you're doing it via pagan rites.

By the way, Easter is another one of them holidays. I mean, really........what does resurrection have to do with rabbits? And the Sunrise Service that most Christians celebrate? Guess what........that is a pagan ritual as well, known as the Spring Solstice. Also explains why sometimes Easter comes BEFORE Palm Sunday.

Just like I don't stress about you hippy, wannabe, wiccans...I find it funny that you stress about a group of people that celebrate the birthday of a very holy man and perhaps a divine soul. If you would like the other 99% of us to celebrate a wiccan god, then by all means tell us his/her name and when to strip naked in the moonlight :)

Last edited:

Merry Christmas!

I kinda find it hypocritical, you know........supposed to be worshiping HaShem and Yeshua, yet you're doing it via pagan rites.

By the way, Easter is another one of them holidays. I mean, really........what does resurrection have to do with rabbits? And the Sunrise Service that most Christians celebrate? Guess what........that is a pagan ritual as well, known as the Spring Solstice. Also explains why sometimes Easter comes BEFORE Palm Sunday.
when has that EVER happened?
i think you are confusing Palm Sunday and Passover

So, will you be turning down all Christmas gifts given to you? Insisting on working during your company's Christmas holiday? Not buying from stores running Christmas sales?

So, will you be turning down all Christmas gifts given to you? Insisting on working during your company's Christmas holiday? Not buying from stores running Christmas sales?

I've worked several Christmas' to allow people that are religious to be with their families. But I do like the holidays. Any excuse to get together with family and friends is great. I even put up a tree. :lol:

For me it's rather simple.. the kids loved it and they looked forward to it all year... When I was a kid I felt the same way..

Me.. I think a little magic, some imagination and that time together with their family makes for a well adjusted and well balanced child..

Also.. I'm not a big fan of organized religion but with a truly righteous preacher I probably could be... In the mean time for me God exists, I believe it to my core, dates, I accept as man made conveniences.

I've worked several Christmas' to allow people that are religious to be with their families. But I do like the holidays. Any excuse to get together with family and friends is great. I even put up a tree. :lol:
Uh oh. ABS will call you a hypocrite.

Oh, wait...no, he won't.

We celebrate holidays because it's a hoot. If you're going to rejoice in your fellow man and wallow in the season, you might as well mix it in with thanking God for those gifts at the same time.

Don't see the prob myself.

We celebrate holidays because it's a hoot. If you're going to rejoice in your fellow man and wallow in the season, you might as well mix it in with thanking God for those gifts at the same time.

Don't see the prob myself.

Basically it's people multi-tasking.:D

Well first I think the reason why we celebrate Christmas is because it has become a tradition to us and I don't see any wrong with it. Its not like we are worshiping the Pagan gods or anything. We are celebrating Christmas to remember that Jesus has died for us and for his message to love one another by giving presents to one another, although it may not be quite accurate to the date when Jesus was born, but it is the thoughts that count. :)

Last edited:

Seen "Zeitgeist" lately? I thought it was pretty good too. Here it is debunked:

Zeitgeist, the movie Debunked - Introduction - Zeitgeist Exposed - Conspiracy Science - Conspiracies and Myths Refuted, Debunked, and Explained

Just like I don't stress about you hippy, wannabe, wiccans...I find it funny that you stress about a group of people that celebrate the birthday of a very holy man and perhaps a divine soul. If you would like the other 99% of us to celebrate a wiccan god, then by all means tell us his/her name and when to strip naked in the moonlight :)

Nope, not a hippie wannabe wiccan. I'm a Taoist who happens to enjoy studying Judaic theology and seeing where the Christians got it wrong.

Am I stressing about anything? Nope. Wrong yet again. I'm using the knowledge that I've gained over the years that I've been here, noticed a couple of things (like Rome mixing in Christianity with Paganism because they wanted their people to accept it), and decided to ask a question.

Interestingly enough, that question pisses off people who have no clue about where their beliefs come from.

Nope, not a hippie wannabe wiccan. I'm a Taoist who happens to enjoy studying Judaic theology and seeing where the Christians got it wrong.

Am I stressing about anything? Nope. Wrong yet again. I'm using the knowledge that I've gained over the years that I've been here, noticed a couple of things (like Rome mixing in Christianity with Paganism because they wanted their people to accept it), and decided to ask a question.

Interestingly enough, that question pisses off people who have no clue about where their beliefs come from.

but ABS, since ''they have no clue, on where the Holiday originated'' then they are not celebrating the Pagan origins, they ARE celebrating/acknowledging, the birth of Christ. NO HARM, NO FOUL in my humble opinion.

Forum List

Back