Hey CBS! Go Screw Yourself!!!!

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
I'm watching the third round of the "Northern Trust" Open (i.e., the LOS ANGELES OPEN) this afternoon. Couples (one shot off the lead) has just hit his tee shot on the Par 3, 14th. Game over. Telecast ends. "We'll see you back again tomorrow for final round coverage . . . "

CBS did that, folks. Remember the name of that network. CBS. They SUCK! Bush league bastards!

And, to boot, the first twenty minutes of the third round coverage was eaten up by the closing minutes of some Who Gives a Shit, college basketball game.

Anyone here remember the Heidi Bowl?

Heidi Game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was NBC. This is CBS. It's just too bad that major sporting events have to be handled by inept morons such as the people at these networks who allow stuff like this to happen.

I'm watching the third round of the "Northern Trust" Open (i.e., the LOS ANGELES OPEN) this afternoon. Couples (one shot off the lead) has just hit his tee shot on the Par 3, 14th. Game over. Telecast ends. "We'll see you back again tomorrow for final round coverage . . . "

CBS did that, folks. Remember the name of that network. CBS. They SUCK! Bush league bastards!

And, to boot, the first twenty minutes of the third round coverage was eaten up by the closing minutes of some Who Gives a Shit, college basketball game.

That was NBC. This is CBS. It's just too bad that major sporting events have to be handled by inept morons such as the people at these networks who allow stuff like this to happen.

Oh God......the Heidi Bowl......I remember it well.

My dad was freaking LIVID for weeks over that one (the whole country was, really).

And the movie SUCKED!!!

My dad was freaking LIVID for weeks over that one (the whole country was, really).

And the movie SUCKED!!!

The one good thing that came out of the Heidi Bowl was that it changed the way they covered professional sporting events for the better - at least football.

Too bad the morons at CBS didn't get the message.

I know just how you feel Georgie.

In Japan, regular season baseball games usually go no later than 9:23 pm. It doesn't matter what the score is, the telecast ends at exactly 9:23! Government television (NHK) is particularly bad about that.

I'll never forget watching the Hiroshima Carp play the Tokyo Giants. bottom of the 9th, winning run on third, here comes the pitch!

There goes the broadcast! And what do they cut to you ask? A regular news update that's what! :banghead:

Talk to any J-Baseball fan I'm sure they've seen a game on J-TV just like that.

I'd feel more sympathetic if you were talking about something other than golf :tongue:

I wonder if the networks get the whole blame, or if the leagues involved should also get some? I assume these kinds of instances are usually contract-related; should the leagues have pushed for better coverage rules, or did they even somehow push rules that lead to these types of cut-offs?

Just can't stop blaming it on Bush, can you?
images

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

And the movie SUCKED!!!

The one good thing that came out of the Heidi Bowl was that it changed the way they covered professional sporting events for the better - at least football.

Too bad the morons at CBS didn't get the message.
That shit does suck.......I'll bet it went from the golf coverage to some infomercial selling some cheap shit cooking device for lazy people who can't cook anyway.

I get why you're pissed. That happened to me during an Arsenal game last winter and I just about had an aneurysm. But it was the satellite's fault and not the broadcasters.

Guaranteed, college basketball this time of year brings in more viewers for CBS than golf so that's why they started the third round late. Did they cut to the nightly news, or what?

Forum List

Back