Hey Canada, Sharia Is Working Wonderfully

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=11386_Swedish_Sharia_Watch

Swedish Shari'a Watch

LGF reader “Norwegian kafir” posted a comment with a scary look at the future of Eurabia, reprinted below:

I actually think Sweden is leading the race to be the worst dhimmi-nation of the Western world. As a Scandinavian myself, I expect to get refugees across the border any time soon. Yesterday, one of the parties in Sweden proposed to ban “Islamophobia” BY LAW. Sweden has pretty much done this already, anyway, but why not make it formal? Two Swedish girls were sent home from school by their headmaster for the crime of showing up wearing sweaters that showed some tiny Swedish flags. (flag=nationalism=racism=Nazism, according to leftist, multicultural logic). At the same time, Swedish Universities are discussing whether burkas should be allowed on campus (not hijab, Taliban-style burkas).

Swedish national radio is broadcasting an Islamic sermon - in Swedish - every morning. Some city councils have suggested major Islamic holidays should be public holidays. At the same time, one of the anti-immigration parties in Sweden has asked for UN observers to monitor the Swedish elections, as they are attacked with molotov cocktails by ultra-lefties, denied ads in major newspapers, get their voting slips stolen etc., etc. Maybe Sweden will need international monitors, just like fellow banana republics such as Zimbabwe? Swedish mosques, of course, openly incite violence and even genocide of Israelis and Jews.

Most Swedish newspapers have closed their readers’ discussion forum on the internet, after one paper was convicted of racism as a couple of anti-Muslim immigration comments were allowed on their forum. Swedes who want to discuss what is happening in their country have to visit forums in Norway or Denmark.

The legal age for marriage in Sweden is 18. However, immigrant girls (read: Muslims) have been “allowed” BY LAW to marry at the age of 15. Some would call that apartheid, but hey, everything for multiculturalism. That’s only the beginning, though. It gets worse: Swedish authorities have allowed that young immigrant girls can be sent off to their parents’ country to be married even BEFORE they are 15 years old. If they are pregnant when they return, the father will automatically earn a residency permit to Sweden (and by extension the EU) for “family reunion”. All a Muslim male has to do to get into Sweden - legally - is to have sex with a CHILD. Is that disgusting or what?

Finally, some quotes from a Swedish Muslim forum http://www.sindbad.se/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=189&start=105 :

YEAH !!!!!!!!!! I LIKE THE ATTITUDE OF YOU Aw-jaamac IF SOMEONE START MESS AROUND WITH US WITHOUT PROOF AND CONFUSIONS IT IS OUR DUTY TO GUIDE THEM TO THE RIGHT TRACK. I WISH THE MAJORITY OF THE MUSLIMS WOULD BE LIKE U... GOOD ON YAAA....

BTW IT IS TO MUCH AGGRESSION TOWARD US MUSLIMS IN THIS FORUM. I JUST WONDER ARENT PEOPLE HERE TO LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT ISLAM OR JUST LIKE TO ACUSING< BLAMING AND SPREAD PROPAGANDA ABOUT US... IT IS TIME TO WEAR THE IRON GLOVES AND KNOCK THE LIERS DOWN.. YA ALLAH HELP US.... AND BLESS YOU Aw-jaamac

GET UP STAND UP !!! STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHT AND DONT GIVE UP THE FIGHT

This man was angry because a non-Muslim, in very polite terms, had attempted to start a discussion. Which of course was impossible, as “You have to be a Muslim to talk about right or wrong. Period.” His brother-in-faith, with the charming name Abu Osama el Swede, openly supports Al-Qaida, and talks about it in Swedish.

by Charles at 11:27 AM PST | 127 comments | link | rss
last comment: a.k.a. Will 2:44:28 pm 6/14/04
email this article

Yes they may do things differently but talk about the tail wagging the dog! Since when do we or the anyone for that matter back down to these muslim twits. If Sweden has lost their backbone then we as Canadians should at least make sure we have one. Are we just jellfish waiting to be squished. Sharia law should not be allowed and we need to stick up for ourselves.

Wolfe said:
Yes they may do things differently but talk about the tail wagging the dog! Since when do we or the anyone for that matter back down to these muslim twits. If Sweden has lost their backbone then we as Canadians should at least make sure we have one. Are we just jellfish waiting to be squished. Sharia law should not be allowed and we need to stick up for ourselves.

Would mass protest against this fall under the "Hate Crime" section of the law? I live in Ottawa, and would bet serious money that it would.

Said1 said:
Would mass protest against this fall under the "Hate Crime" section of the law? I live in Ottawa, and would bet serious money that it would.

I don't think so... it has nothing to do with religion or oppression and everything to do with civil law. It has nothing to do with the merits of Islam. It boils down to the fact that there cannot be two civil laws, for the same people in one country.

Isaac Brock said:
I don't think so... it has nothing to do with religion or oppression and everything to do with civil law. It has nothing to do with the merits of Islam. It boils down to the fact that there cannot be two civil laws, for the same people in one country.

Always so level headed. :funnyface Ok, hate crime is a little over the top, but protest against Sharia law would not go over well publicly. I think the media would side with Muslims on this one, atleast here in Ottawa. Ottawa is a very liberal town, you have to keep in mind where I'm coming from.

Said1 said:
Always so level headed. :funnyface Ok, hate crime is a little over the top, but protest against Sharia law would not go over well publicly. I think the media would side with Muslims on this one, atleast here in Ottawa. Ottawa is a very liberal town, you have to keep in mind where I'm coming from.

You think? I don't know. It would seem to me that the fear of the possible sentences of Sharia law would scare most liberals I know. I mean think of Amnesty International and other typically left groups, they are completely against movements like that.

I think they'd side more with the human and more specifically women's rights issue than the issue of religious appeasement.

Isaac Brock said:
You think? I don't know. It would seem to me that the fear of the possible sentences of Sharia law would scare most liberals I know. I mean think of Amnesty International and other typically left groups, they are completely against movements like that.

I'm not speaking specifically of international NGO's and other human rights organizations, I'm talking about the media within the city of Ottawa itself. Public protest (and by that I mean a group of people gathered on Parliment Hill) would more than likely be presented as a group of racist people who are attempting to stop Muslims from practicing their religion, which includes Sharia law. There are representatives to speak on behalf of the Muslim community here too, and they would have a field day with this.

To give you an example, there is a serious problem in Ottawa involving teenagers robbing and beating people while waiting at bus and train stations late at night. The victims are saying the youths are black, while the Ottawa police are saying this is not correct, some of them were white. To me, it semms as though the inital problem of increased violence committed by teenagers gets distorted, and race becomes the main issue. What I am trying to say is. I fear this would be the case if there was public protest with regard to Sharia Law, the issue of seperate laws for different groups would fall to the side as race became a larger issue.

Said1 said:
I'm not speaking specifically of international NGO's and other human rights organizations, I'm talking about the media within the city of Ottawa itself. Public protest (and by that I mean a group of people gathered on Parliment Hill) would more than likely be presented as a group of racist people who are attempting to stop Muslims from practicing their religion, which includes Sharia law. There are representatives to speak on behalf of the Muslim community here too, and they would have a field day with this.

To give you an example, there is a serious problem in Ottawa involving teenagers robbing and beating people while waiting at bus and train stations late at night. The victims are saying the youths are black, while the Ottawa police are saying this is not correct, some of them were white. To me, it semms as though the inital problem of increased violence committed by teenagers gets distorted, and race becomes the main issue. What I am trying to say is. I fear this would be the case if there was public protest with regard to Sharia Law, the issue of seperate laws for different groups would fall to the side as race became a larger issue.

Perhaps, but I'm suggesting that so-to-speak "liberal" Canadians will take the side of muslim women who seem to be resoundly against this bill. Especially those who are modern in everday life, but can now be subject to this bill. Given that some the more vocal opposition is in the muslim community, I think that where the sympathy will lie.

Isaac Brock said:
Perhaps, but I'm suggesting that so-to-speak "liberal" Canadians will take the side of muslim women who seem to be resoundly against this bill. Especially those who are modern in everday life, but can now be subject to this bill. Given that some the more vocal opposition is in the muslim community, I think that where the sympathy will lie.

The affects this bill will have on Muslim women is what really concerns me the most. This is where the strongest voices need to be coming from if there are any hopes in abolishing Sharia Law in Ontario. I think outcry from the general public would be a mistake.

Said1 said:
The affects this bill will have on Muslim women is what really concerns me the most. This is where the strongest voices need to be coming from if there are any hopes in abolishing Sharia Law in Ontario. I think outcry from the general public would be a mistake.

That in itself is a catch-22 since muslim women generally do not enjoy the same tolerance for free speech. Modern muslims couples, exempt, but with systems like that in place, they are not able to as freely express their discontentment. Though in their defence, I've heard a lot of vocal muslim women, including Arar's wife speak out against this. Barring this however, Canada needs to stick up for its own citizens.

Isaac Brock said:
That in itself is a catch-22 since muslim women generally do not enjoy the same tolerance for free speech. Modern muslims couples, exempt, but with systems like that in place, they are not able to as freely express their discontentment. Though in their defence, I've heard a lot of vocal muslim women, including Arar's wife speak out against this. Barring this however, Canada needs to stick up for its own citizens.

I still can't believe this was passed in the first place, it's absurd. I don't like saying things like "eveyone I know" but it's true, eveyone I know knows nothing about this, I was shocked when Kathianne posted the thread weeks ago.

On the positive side, Arar's wife is making quite the name for herself in Ottawa, hopefully she is the voice Muslim women need.

Isaac Brock said:

Issac,
That is precisely why Sharia law cannot be allowed to insert itself into the Canadian justice system. These women came to Canada because fairness and freedom prevail. Or at least I thought that until recently.

There are one set of laws that protect and apply to all citizens of our country. To relegate a specific group and sex to intolerance and injustice as they would experience in the old world is unthinkable in my opinion.

The Liberal's in Ottawa are too smug and will try to sleepwalk through this hoping the solution will come handily saving them from doing their job.

The rest of us "Liberal" canadians should never be suckered into believing, Sharia law if allowed, will be OK tfor these Muslims.

The point is that when "white Canadians" (if I may use the term) legal rights have become comprimised in the future then it is too late. That day may come.

As a Canadian I am ashamed of what Ontario has or will do in this Sharia law business and it will be only a matter of time when is spreads to the rest of Canada. Then what?

Said1 said:
I still can't believe this was passed in the first place, it's absurd. I don't like saying things like "eveyone I know" but it's true, eveyone I know knows nothing about this, I was shocked when Kathianne posted the thread weeks ago.

On the positive side, Arar's wife is making quite the name for herself in Ottawa, hopefully she is the voice Muslim women need.
Said1,

From what I understand Sharia implementation in Ontario is under review by Marion Boyd and a report is due this fall.

Wolfe said:
Issac,
That is precisely why Sharia law cannot be allowed to insert itself into the Canadian justice system. These women came to Canada because fairness and freedom prevail. Or at least I thought that until recently.

There are one set of laws that protect and apply to all citizens of our country. To relegate a specific group and sex to intolerance and injustice as they would experience in the old world is unthinkable in my opinion.

The Liberal's in Ottawa are too smug and will try to sleepwalk through this hoping the solution will come handily saving them from doing their job.

The rest of us "Liberal" canadians should never be suckered into believing, Sharia law if allowed, will be OK tfor these Muslims.

The point is that when "white Canadians" (if I may use the term) legal rights have become comprimised in the future then it is too late. That day may come.

As a Canadian I am ashamed of what Ontario has or will do in this Sharia law business and it will be only a matter of time when is spreads to the rest of Canada. Then what?

Well I certainly agree. It simply cannot be allowed to spread. Sharia Law is un-Canadian simple as that. Though, I'm not so much worries that my legal rights as a "white" will be comprimised as from my knowledge of Sharia law, it can only be applied to Muslims.

I don't want Sharia Law implemented because it will create a two-tiered system of citizenry in my country and frankly, it will be the muslims women and liberal muslims that will lose. I oppose it not for me, who certainly won't be affected, but for my fellow Canadians who are Muslim.

Wolfe said:
Said1,

From what I understand Sharia implementation in Ontario is under review by Marion Boyd and a report is due this fall.

Correct. He was a former NDP attorney general if I remember correctly. I believe he's also reviewing the Arbittration Act as it is being used by other faith groups such as Jews and Christians as well.

Ontario should just repeal the whole section of the Act. Too many loopholes.

Wolfe said:
Said1,

I believe I have heard or read this before, hopefully it will be released soon.

And welcome BTW! Always nice to meet another Canadian around here!

Isaac Brock said:
Ontario should just repeal the whole section of the Act. Too many loopholes.

A lot of things this act covers with regard to family law are very unfair, just that alone should have had major influence on the way this was decided. Is there much mention of it locally where either of you are?

Forum List

Back