Hey Bones

she's sneezing, then she's stopped up, her eyes are running. she has allergies.

i dont know mixed reviews of doing this....

lets get sy in on this...she would know more....fostering cats and all....i have never used it...

i would just use a warm wet cloth to wipe the eyes and nose clean....

what did the vet suggest...???

Can cats take benadryl?

Children's Benadryl

1. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl®) – Dogs and cats can be given 1-2 mg.per lb every eight hours. This can be used to treat allergic reactions, and it also has some anti-anxiety and anti-vertigo effects. As a general rule, it is pretty safe stuff. The primary side effect is drowsiness, so please do not allow your pet to drink alcohol or operate heavy machinery while taking it.
Source(s):
vetpets.com

Children's Benadryl for cats, what is the correct dosage? - Yahoo! Answers

so far...dont use liquid...o thats a bummer for sure....has additives....i would crush the pill and put it in wet food...but it has some side effect issues

Can cats take benadryl?

Children's Benadryl

1. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl®) – Dogs and cats can be given 1-2 mg.per lb every eight hours. This can be used to treat allergic reactions, and it also has some anti-anxiety and anti-vertigo effects. As a general rule, it is pretty safe stuff. The primary side effect is drowsiness, so please do not allow your pet to drink alcohol or operate heavy machinery while taking it.
Source(s):
vetpets.com

Children's Benadryl for cats, what is the correct dosage? - Yahoo! Answers

for a cat, drowsiness is not a problem. I'll pick some children's up tomorrow. Thanks.

i would start at a lower dosage and see how it works....you want as low as possible...

And that is going to be small, it starts at 25 mg for an adult. a seven pound kitty is going to be very tiny dosage. maybe I will wait and call the vet on Mon. I just feel sorry for her. I have sinus trouble and it's miserable not to be able to eat and breathe.

yes you said small dogs.....

you can give a lot of stuff to dogs...doesnt mean its good for them in the long run

and this is a cat...different little animal

you can most likely call this in willow.....ask the vet over the phone....and they might have some suggestions....allergies are bad this year for some reason

New Topics

Forum List

Back