Hey America Haters

padisha emperor said:
Your family came from the german population of Volga ?
Do you speak Russian, or do your family do ?
or no more ?

My grandfather was fluent in Russian, German and English. However my father was never taught the languages.

I speak Russian, but didn't learn it from the family I learned it in the Military. I was a Russian translator in the Navy.

8236 said:
Is it true that congress, early in its history, had a vote to determine if America's first language should be German or English?
(honest question)

It is an "urban legend" that won't die. Interesting article though....

German or English?
When German-language farmers in Augusta County, Virginia petitioned the U. S. House of Representatives in 1794 for a German translation of the booklet containing the laws and other government regulations -- copies of which had been distributed free in the English language -- officials simply ignored them. Even the bilingual Speaker of the House of Representatives, Frederick Augustus Conrad Mühlenberg, refused to support their modest request. arguing that the faster the Germans became Americans, the better. No doubt, disappointment with his negative, though realistic, posture contributed a generation later to the birth of this legend.

Too bad our legislators don't feel the same way today!

padisha emperor said:
First, I don't hate USA.
I only don't like Bush.

So, I will critisize him, not USA : :spank3:

Bush gave democracy to the two countries, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Afghanistan : fraud in the lections.
But this is not a good argument.
SO, I will go on

THe situation in Aghanistan is less bad than in Iraqs, but- it is not the paradize. The Talibans are still here, hidden, sometimes not hidden.

IN Iarq : what the hell !!!! Bush give the chaos here, the destruction, the death, the sadness ! the US amry who is here because GW B wanted it - he or his administration - .
What the fuck for a democracy ?! How can you call it a democracy ? This is not France, UK, Germany....this is Iraq, a destroyed land, a devastation place, with an occupation army, who kill and bomb civilians.
With terrorists, with the group of Al Zarkaoui, who fight US. thie fight put chaos more and more further.

So, this is not a democracy.

As emperor, Bush is bad bad bad. Alexander, August, Trojan or Napoléon I and III, they were good, excellent, on the military side, but also, like Napoléon I and III, on the interior side. As president, Bush put the hell outside, and also inside sometimes.....what for a good president !!! (sarcasm)

:read: I haven't a clue as to what you were addressing! You made very little sense in your attempted diatribe-By the way al Zarqawi is running around Iraq with his tail between his legs as we speak-Most of his closest Lieutenants are either dead or captured.... :splat:

the decision to invade Iraq when and how we did hardly makes someone an automatic "America hater."

I had no problem with our actions in Afghanistan--we gave the Taliban a chance to give ObL up, they failed, and we rightly took action.

I have a huge problem with our invasion in Iraq--and many former supporters are starting to have a huge problem with it to. On a different thread on this site I quoted a conservative think tank's assessment that we are now creating more terrorists than we are eliminating via our occupation. That's exactly what concerned me prior to the war: that Saddam stayed in power by polarizing the groups he governed, creating a formidable obstacle to democracy.

The obstacle is formidable, but maybe not impossible, and I will be as happy as anyone if we succeed in Iraq. I agree with the neoCon idea that if a stable democracy can be created in Iraq, it will be a first step in bringing the Muslim world's theocracies into the modern secular world. Problem is, it's a big "if," and we're spending a lot of lives and money it.

I resent the implication that holding these opinions makes means I hate this country. Quite the contrary, I love this country deeply. My family moved here after experiencing discrimination in Europe. I thoroughly appreciate what a great place this is. I live here by choice, not necessity. Free debate is a cornerstone of our system. Seeking to stifle debate and propose only one "correct" view, as the writer of this thread does, is un-American. Have your opinion, but let me have mine too.

Mariner.

Mariner,
How many lives is freedom worth? 1, 10, 100, 1000? If there is a cap on freedom, when do we realize when it has been reached? You claim we have created chaos and disfunction in Iraq and someone mentioned fraud in Afghanistan's election. Look at our past two presidental elections. Were they models of perfection? And we have been doing it that way for a couple of hundred years.
Democracy is not easy. It wasn't easy for the United States to start and it is even harder to spread to a people that have known nothing but dictatorships for years. Since we are the world's leading power do we not have an obigation to help those who need it?

to me that Americans like us have the right to decide how many Iraqi lives their freedom from Saddam is worth. Who appointed us class monitor? Researchers at Johns Hopkins estimated that we have killed 100,000 Iraqis to date. I believe Saddam killed around 300,000, over a longer period of time. The risk of violent death in Iraq now is around 60 times as high, another estimate said, as it was under Saddam.

Just as importantly, does killing so many Muslims (even if the correct number is lower than that), even with the best of intentions, not risk making other Muslims hate us, and potentially become terrorists?

Even if everything I'm saying turns out to be pessimistic and 100% wrong, I still object to the tone of the initial post which suggested it was un-American to question or debate.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
to me that Americans like us have the right to decide how many Iraqi lives their freedom from Saddam is worth. Who appointed us class monitor? Researchers at Johns Hopkins estimated that we have killed 100,000 Iraqis to date. I believe Saddam killed around 300,000, over a longer period of time. The risk of violent death in Iraq now is around 60 times as high, another estimate said, as it was under Saddam.

Just as importantly, does killing so many Muslims (even if the correct number is lower than that), even with the best of intentions, not risk making other Muslims hate us, and potentially become terrorists?

Even if everything I'm saying turns out to be pessimistic and 100% wrong, I still object to the tone of the initial post which suggested it was un-American to question or debate.

Mariner.

What's anti american is believing that america is always to blame, and being willing to distort reality in such a way that america is always blamed.

America is "always to blame"?

Of course, if our invasion and occupation of Iraq fails to establish a democracy there and increases recruiting of Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations, then we will indeed need to take the responsibility/blame. No one forced us to invade.

Mariner.

Can you tell me how John Hopkins came up with those numbers? Seeing as how they weren't even in the country, how the hell are they going to know how many Iraqis died. And are they counting everyone who dies as being our fault, or is it the ones that we killed? What's the methodology of this "study"
I smell :bs1:

Mariner said:
America is "always to blame"?

Of course, if our invasion and occupation of Iraq fails to establish a democracy there and increases recruiting of Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations, then we will indeed need to take the responsibility/blame. No one forced us to invade.

Mariner.

The general sense of all your posts is that we are wrong and european style appeasement, though a proven failure, is the tactic you advocate.

to invade Iraq when and how we did. If we were going to do it, I think we should only have done it with the blessing of at least a few Muslim states, similar to how we had Muslim and Arab support in the Gulf War, and were therefore completely spared the anti-American backlash that comes when we drop bombs on other people.

As for whether "appeasement" works, I think the proof is in the pudding: sure Saddam cheated and lied and was a disgusting brute, but he didn't have the giant stockpiles of WMDs that we expected when we invaded, nor the ballistic missiles. We were played for fools by the expatriates who convinced our intelligence agencies that he was out to get us--because they wanted our help in ousting him, and knew we wouldn't help for humanitarian reasons alone, but only if we felt threatened. Since Bush and the Neocons had their own long-standing reasons for wanting to invade Iraq anyway, they therefore purposefully squashed dissenting opinions at CIA and the Energy Dept. in order to get their war. When WMDs didn't show up, they suddenly shifted to the war's purpose being humanitarian, which makes it precisely the type of "nation-building" project that Bush slammed Gore with in 2000.

Iraq is now the most liberal project in our nation's history: we're seeking to establish a democracy by force over an inhomogenous people whom we scarcely understand. If we win, I'll be as happy as anyone, but I don't think it's looking good right now. Troop levels are the highest they've been since the war's start. There's a de facto draft--thousands who expected to be home for Xmas will still be there. Bush's prediction was for levels of 100,000 this month; instead we have 50% more. It's just like all his economic "predictions" about jobs and the deficit: they don't relate to reality. That makes me distrust him even more, as does his purging of his cabinet of people who disagreed with him even slightly. A strong leader doesn't need sycophants, and actually welcomes dissenting views--they help prevent mistakes.

I believe reality will intrude at some point. Europe will get sick of taking the hit from our weak dollar (caused by our deficits). Iraq will dissolve into civil war (I can't imagine how we're going to have real elections in January) or be split into 3 pieces--which, ironically, is exactly what George Soros and many liberals were suggesting as the most feasible outcome before the invasion took place. That will put the lie to Bush's bizarre statements all along that we're freeing "the Iraqi people," rather than the Kurds and Shi'ites, which would have been more accurate: the Sunnis were happier when their man was king.

Mariner.

Do you fucking read? We did have the support (blessings) of other Muslim countries. SA, Bahrain, UAE, Jordan Turkey and Quatar all supported our invasion of Iraq. They even let us use bases located in their countries.

And you claim to be educated.

Mariner, I am convinced you are an ignorant fuck that like to perpetrate being educated. You have no understanding of exports, the value of the dollar, etc.

Sure, the dollar is weak against the EURO now, but they are in an economic downturn because of it. The dollar is still very strong against many Asian currencies (probably too strong) and the strong dollar is what hurt us in the late 90's. We could not compete with the EURO. A strong EURO is going to lead to even more economic malaise in Europe and it is going to hurt them.

As for the deficit, it is NOT EVEN to a record in terms of % of GDP.

Our economy is growing. Get over it.

As for our being "fooled", well, you are right. We were, but not by Sadman. We were fooled by the Euroweenies that wanted us to look bad so the world would turn against us. We were fooled by the Euroweenies that were profiting off the Oil-for-Food (oil for money) program. As far as containment goes, it is easy for the rest of the world to push for containment, when it is not them doing the containing. How long did you expect us to contain him? Forever?

Fuck that. We did the right thing and if you don't like it - too fucking bad! Your side lost the last election.

A strong EURO is not good for the exportations, but good for the importations (on the european side) : if the product cost 10 EUROS >> USA will buy it 13 dollars, no 10 dollars.. too expensive >> USA will buy to sombody other.
But for the european importations, if the product cost 13 dollars, Europe will buy it 10 EUROS, not 13. So, cheaper for us.
And fot some products, who only Europe or some other countris build, like the High-tech products, USA can not buy them everywhere >> they have to buy it to the EURO countries, for some of these products.

If the dollar will continue its fall, it would be bad for it.
Some countries, who befor only buy in dollar, are opening their economy to the EURO because the dollar is no more able to be good - at this time -

So, a weak dollar is not so good for USA, if this weakness it too strong.

it was normal for the lesson, i help the brainless people.

For Chirac ? no idea.

Do you believe in God ? yees, probably...so, don't think to CHirac and think that wehn W'44 will come in Paradize - but more probably in Hell - St Pierre will kick with his keys......

padisha emperor said:
it was normal for the lesson, i help the brainless people.

For Chirac ? no idea.

Do you believe in God ? yees, probably...so, don't think to CHirac and think that wehn W'44 will come in Paradize - but more probably in Hell - St Pierre will kick with his keys......
Your English is slippin bad-----can't understand ya. That may be a blessing.

We should have gotten congressional approval according to the constitution.Koffi Annan is a crook who let the food for oil scam flourish under his watch,he also did nothing about the slaughter in rawanda (so expect little out of a united nation that is little more than a bullypulpit for anti-american and anti-israeli sentiment).Read the koran and hadiths and you will understand that the only way to end islamic terrorism is to end islam itself (hopefully coca-cola,blue jeans,and rock and roll will bring islam to an end the same way it changed the people in the soviet union).

Forum List

Back