Hey all - CT resident Independent

grandamgt2k

Rookie
Sep 9, 2012
Whats up everyone? If I see one more "I approved this message ad" I may kill someone. I almost cant wait till this is over! Then we can get to the important issues that our nation faces. Here are my passionate issues...

Immigration control - All for it. It is a privileged to be born and live here. Scrap the 14th Amendment and secure our borders.

English as official language - all for that too - teach it to everyone who you can't kick out of the country.

Abortion - don't care because it's really a non issue to me however I'm all for population control. If you feel abortion is morally wrong - dont have one or use a condom. If that makes me a bad Catholic, so be it.

Sep. of church and state - keep it that way! States like Islamic republics = repression and terrorism history shows.

Economy and taxes - Fiscal conservatism is the way to go and a flat tax rate by state sounds good to me maybe even nationally.

Gun control - no issues with gun ownership. certain assault weapons for police and military only and no gun ownership for felony offenses.

States rights - This is why we have governors and state elected officials. Feds should stay out of most business by state.

Im sure there are more but I'm just sounding off for now.

Whats up everyone? If I see one more "I approved this message ad" I may kill someone. I almost cant wait till this is over! Then we can get to the important issues that our nation faces. Here are my passionate issues...

Immigration control - All for it. It is a privileged to be born and live here. Scrap the 14th Amendment and secure our borders.

English as official language - all for that too - teach it to everyone who you can't kick out of the country.

Abortion - don't care because it's really a non issue to me however I'm all for population control. If you feel abortion is morally wrong - dont have one or use a condom. If that makes me a bad Catholic, so be it.

Sep. of church and state - keep it that way! States like Islamic republics = repression and terrorism history shows.

Economy and taxes - Fiscal conservatism is the way to go and a flat tax rate by state sounds good to me maybe even nationally.

Gun control - no issues with gun ownership. certain assault weapons for police and military only and no gun ownership for felony offenses.

States rights - This is why we have governors and state elected officials. Feds should stay out of most business by state.

Hey, Welcome. I'm a noob here too. I also consider myself independent and I like your views. I don't agree with all of them but that doesn't matter!

I don't trust self labeled "Independents" I've see way too many Progressives post as such. In any event welcome

Little-Fockers-Robert-De-Niro-Close-Up-25-10-10-kc.jpg

Hey, Welcome. I'm a noob here too. I also consider myself independent and I like your views. I don't agree with all of them but that doesn't matter!

yeah, his views do matter...

and i do not like most of them personally. that doesn't mean i won't welcome him and start him out with a pos rep.

my god, his flat rate tax alone is regressive. our immigration policies are as abusive to the poor as they are discriminatory and unfair to american workers. check out agriprocessors or any farm labour group.

and scrapping the 14th amendment. why don't we just wind the clock back a few more years and reinstitute slavery...and we sure as hell can scrap the bill of rights as well. let the states decide who can and cannot vote, own property, have due process and equal protection under the law etc. and gee whiz...i wasn't born in this country...but that disn't seem to matter much when i enlisted in the army and took a friggin' oath to defend the constitution of the united states of america, fookin' 14th amendment and all.

i sorta wonder too, how far this seperation of church and state goesi npersonally am totally for it but i think a lot of people are only for it in regard to islamic republics and that is about as far as it goes. (i will make exceptions for small states established to solely be the head of a religion, but as far as i can tell, that would only be the vatican...that really is a hustoric anomoly anyway, a remnant of the holy roman empire's city states...more o a complex than a state.

well, anyway, welcome new guy...i am sure you will do very well here.

sorry, ya just pissed me off. that happens sometimes.

oh...and if you feel murder is morally wrong, don't kill people. does that make sense. that statement has absolutely nothing to do with my feelings towards pro choice or whateve or someones right to bet on a bobtail nag ay the two buck window. all it has to do with is consistency of argument and logic.

Most Ct voters approach the polling booths seeing visions of JFK and FDR standing alongside and waiting politely to pull the curtain aside for them as they enter.
Even this year, with the contrast between the candidates as stark as it is, between the Capitalist and the Communist, with the vast majority of the delegates at the DNC booing God, they won't be able to overcome that historical linkage. Its almost as if they're still listening to FDR's Saturday fireside chats and hearing him lambast the nation's capitalists and industrialists of the time for causing the Great depression.
Herbert Hoover listened to miners union leader JL Lewis complaints and pleas and implored the coal companies to hire more union miners, which they did. The people, in return, bought more of their coal from the non union companies because it was priced more cheaply, forcing the unionized coal companies to lay off their new hires. Ignoring market forces is the equivalent of a solitary human standing in front of the Japanese Tsunami and ordering the ocean to go back into its place. It worked once with Moses, and only once. The others who have tried it since have gained their rightful place in history, under the accumulated debris.

Forum List

Back