Hey, 99 Percenters, You Call This 'Fair'?

If I was talking about the working poor, I would have said something along the lines of "the working poor." See how that works?

So then who are you talking about?

Those "working poor" are the ones who aren't "paying their fair share".
I never said anything about a "fair share." I don't know why you persist in responding to things I never said.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as a "fair share." There's just people from whom the government steals more, and from whom the government steals less.

Apologies if I misunderstood your post, but in the context of this thread, which seems to be all about how "unfair" it is that the richest people in NY pay most of the taxes, it would seem that your post was on that same topic.

If life were fair, the lazy would starve to death instead of electing other people to rob the wealth of those who aren't lazy.

Now you just need to prove that the wealthy aren't lazy hacks, and that the people who work their entire lives and barely make what these people do in 5 minutes are being lazy.

Last edited:
If life were fair, the lazy would starve to death instead of electing other people to rob the wealth of those who aren't lazy.

Now you just need to prove that the wealthy aren't lazy hacks, and that the people who work their entire lives and barely make what these people do in 5 minutes is being lazy.
I don't need to prove anything of the sort. I merely reject the notion that the tax regime should be used as a tool for punishing wealth or equalizing economic disparities.

A study by the New York City Independent Budget Office was released this week, and you didn't hear much about it in the mainstream media because it hurts their candidate's message.

Keep in mind, I'm your Conservative Everyman. I'm no economist, nor am I a political scientist. I call 'em as I see 'em just like you do. And away we go...

New York City has a little more than 8 million residents. Of those many millions, 1% -- ONE PERCENT -- pays 43% of the income taxes. You know how many people that works out to? About 35,000 people.

Picture in your mind's eye the City of New York, not just Manhattan, but all five boroughs. Imagine the throngs here right now enjoying the holidays. Think about the police presence, the sanitation, the schools brimming with children...East Side, West Side, The Village -- a hell of a town! 8 million people!

Now imagine Yankee Stadium, or any average Major League ballpark, and fill it except for the nosebleed seats. That tiny number pays almost HALF the operating costs for the city. How's THAT for fair?

Another kick in the head is that ten percent of New Yorkers pay 71% of the taxes. Guess how much income it takes to crack that ten percent?You don't have to be one of the millionaires or billionaires whom the Divider in Chief loves to vilify. You need not be an evil fat cat making $200,000 -- perish the thought! What's it take to crack the top ten percent in the most expensive city in America? $105,000. Yep, a buck five.​

Thank you for posting this. It does a great job highlighting the massive income disparity in this country.

The top 1% pays 43%

The next 9% pays 28% ----- and this line starts at 105k

And the rest of the 90% pay 29%

Youch.

That's a lot of underpaid mother fuckers.

So you want to raise taxes on the poor, the working class, the middle class, and everyone else who's in the not-Rich category,

to make it 'fair'.

What's new...

Who has mentioned raising taxes?

It would make sense, to me, to just stop the continual raising of taxes on the ones that already pay the majority of them.

How does "stop raising taxes" translate to wanting to raise taxes?

Vomit... I hate the smell of Vomit... especially right wing vomit from hell.
umadbrox.jpg

Not at all. just throwing back what I feel about your post. What? You don't like Constructive Criticism?

How about this? Most of our poor work very hard. You assume that success=Work ethic. I know a approximately 10 businessmen personally. All of whom have achieved a decent level of success. about half of them really bust their asses. One has a vinyl Fence Company, one has a landscaping company, one is a mechanic with his own garage, one is a hairdresser with her own salon and one has a small excavating company. The rest are good salesmen... they have the gift of bullshit and a ruthless nature.

You know what? The original five are more liberal leaning, the other ones are die hard Conservatives. Funny how the hard working ones Know how tough it is to make it and the ones that basically sit on their asses for a living do all the complaining about people "beneath them".

Now you just need to prove that the wealthy aren't lazy hacks, and that the people who work their entire lives and barely make what these people do in 5 minutes is being lazy.
I don't need to prove anything of the sort. I merely reject the notion that the tax regime should be used as a tool for punishing wealth or equalizing economic disparities.

There is no punishment of the wealthy happening. The only time that happened was in Russia when the wealthy were raping people and getting away completely free. This incited a country wide riot in which they were thrown down and a system put in place to prevent it from ever happening.

All it showed was that having super wealthy or complete wealth redistribution are worthless ideas that don't work in reality except for a spare few people at the expensive of the majority.

A study by the New York City Independent Budget Office was released this week, and you didn't hear much about it in the mainstream media because it hurts their candidate's message.

Keep in mind, I'm your Conservative Everyman. I'm no economist, nor am I a political scientist. I call 'em as I see 'em just like you do. And away we go...

New York City has a little more than 8 million residents. Of those many millions, 1% -- ONE PERCENT -- pays 43% of the income taxes. You know how many people that works out to? About 35,000 people.

Picture in your mind's eye the City of New York, not just Manhattan, but all five boroughs. Imagine the throngs here right now enjoying the holidays. Think about the police presence, the sanitation, the schools brimming with children...East Side, West Side, The Village -- a hell of a town! 8 million people!

Now imagine Yankee Stadium, or any average Major League ballpark, and fill it except for the nosebleed seats. That tiny number pays almost HALF the operating costs for the city. How's THAT for fair?

Another kick in the head is that ten percent of New Yorkers pay 71% of the taxes. Guess how much income it takes to crack that ten percent?You don't have to be one of the millionaires or billionaires whom the Divider in Chief loves to vilify. You need not be an evil fat cat making $200,000 -- perish the thought! What's it take to crack the top ten percent in the most expensive city in America? $105,000. Yep, a buck five.​

You're right, it's not fair. Since they own more than 90% of the nations wealth, they should be paying 90% of the taxes.

Nice try, but 50% of the nations wealth belongs to the middle class, not the 1%. Come back when you want to use real facts.

Looks entirely fair to me

From your own numbers 35,000 New Yorkers are paying 43% of the income taxes

What that means is those measly 35,000 are taking in income almost as much as the other 8 million combined. Is that scary or what?

And then they bitch about having to pay income taxes on their exorbitant salaries?

What a bunch of whiny bitches
leninsmile4pv.jpg

Dave, I hear Crickets. What's up with that? LOL
They're busy organizing a drum circle. Give them time.
Scouring the lefty sites for talking points. Most involve whining about fairness. Of course, "fair" means "me getting something for free".

Really? Then why is it that the red states are the ones that are taking more federal dollars than the blue states? The Liberal states give, and the 'Conservative' states take.

So why don't you lazy ass wingnuts get off your dead asses, clean the beer cans from the door of your single wide, and go out and get a job. This Lib is getting tired of supporting you whining bigoted bastards and bitchs.:badgrin:

Vomit... I hate the smell of Vomit... especially right wing vomit from hell.
umadbrox.jpg

Not at all. just throwing back what I feel about your post. What? You don't like Constructive Criticism?

How about this? Most of our poor work very hard. You assume that success=Work ethic. I know a approximately 10 businessmen personally. All of whom have achieved a decent level of success. about half of them really bust their asses. One has a vinyl Fence Company, one has a landscaping company, one is a mechanic with his own garage, one is a hairdresser with her own salon and one has a small excavating company. The rest are good salesmen... they have the gift of bullshit and a ruthless nature.

You know what? The original five are more liberal leaning, the other ones are die hard Conservatives. Funny how the hard working ones Know how tough it is to make it and the ones that basically sit on their asses for a living do all the complaining about people "beneath them".
Where did I say the poor were lazy? Where did I say anything about the poor in that post to which you responded?

Oh, you mean you just assumed that, since I said "lazy," I must automatically be referring to the poor.

Congratulations. You just showed the world exactly what you think of the poor. :clap:

Let's see... what do the Conservatives keep telling progressives??? Hmmmm... Oh yeah... I remember....

Life isn't fair.... Except you want fairness when it comes to the wealthy... not so much for the poor.

Hey... don't feel bad... My wife and I make right around that 100k+ figure... We're paying and we're fine.... Get a job there Dave and try it.
I have a job. And I don't require a union to keep it, either. Go get a non-union job and try that.

Don't pretend you want fairness for everybody. You don't.

You're right, it's not fair. Since they own more than 90% of the nations wealth, they should be paying 90% of the taxes.

Nice try, but 50% of the nations wealth belongs to the middle class, not the 1%. Come back when you want to use real facts.

87.7% of the "Nation's wealth" is owned by the top 20%. Is that the "middle class" you were talking about?

life isn't fair... it's even MORE unfair to let people rot in this God awfully expensive country.
Then I expect you'll go to your shop steward and insist the union renegotiate your contract for a lower wage, right? After all, your wages contribute to the expensive cost of living for poor people.

Oh, wait...you expect OTHER people to make sacrifices. You can't be bothered.

I think it's funny that you guys are so butthurt about making those people that survive on $20,000 a year or less "pay their fair share".

Do you think it's horrible to pay $20 a check to pay to be part of America? I don't.

Why should someone have to pay a fee to be "part of" America, aside from some childish desire for "fairness"?

Life isn't fair. And if you don't want to pay taxes, quit your job, and get a job at McDonald's, and you can join those "lucky" people.

Forum List

Back