He's Through: Ron Paul Makes Political Blunder. Condemns Killing Of Al Qaeda's Awlaki

This should drive a stake in the heart of Ron Paul and his campaign. For him to condemn the killing of a terrorist who even thought was born in the U.S., it is wrong and immoral and it proves that Ron Paul has the Neville Chamberlain pacifist in him. As a president Ron Paul would not defend this nation nor would he go on any offensive if America was attacked by a rogue state or terrorists. This is a fact and it is a fact that I question Ron Pauls patriotism or now lack of patriotism due to him condemning the killing of a major terrorist hell bent on bringing jihad to American citizens. This should be the end of his campaign and I hope his patriotism is questioned at the next debate.

Ron Paul Condemns U.S.-Backed Killing of al Qaeda Figure and U.S. Cititizen Anwar al-Awlaki - Washington Wire - WSJ

Snippet from article:

GOFFSTOWN, N.H.–Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul condemned the U.S.-backed killing of al Qaeda figure and U.S. citizen Anwar al-Awlaki.

“If the American people accept this blindly and casually…I think that’s sad.”

Ron Paul is going off on this, discussing Due Process etc... Just like the more extreme members of the GOP / ConservaRepubTeaPartiers did with OBL. Paul is such an @ss. There are dozens of threads here where I said although I disagree with him on some issues, I like him. Not anymore. F*ck him.

What bullsh1t. I'm sure the same whackjobs who talk about how "Bush was successful in Iraq" will all be going out of their way to point out that Obama should get no credit for this (always easy to spot the whackjobs).
Bush was a horrible president but he did SOME things well.
Obama is a horrible president but he has done SOME things well. His foreign / intel policies have been excellent but his domestic agenda is such a disaster, I think a lollipop with a face painted on it could beat him in 2012.
So on this one thing, Good job Mr. President. This is twice he went into an allied country where the political fallout for failure would have had the sharks in a frenzy. But Obama made the decision to do so. No one else did. No one else could. Only Obama. Can't escape that.
Good job to our intel and military assets in the region as well.
Of course I'll catch sh1t from both LibDem & ConservaRepub whackjobs for the statements above but ooooh, that's just the usual.... :poop:

This should drive a stake in the heart of Ron Paul and his campaign. For him to condemn the killing of a terrorist who even thought was born in the U.S., it is wrong and immoral and it proves that Ron Paul has the Neville Chamberlain pacifist in him. As a president Ron Paul would not defend this nation nor would he go on any offensive if America was attacked by a rogue state or terrorists. This is a fact and it is a fact that I question Ron Pauls patriotism or now lack of patriotism due to him condemning the killing of a major terrorist hell bent on bringing jihad to American citizens. This should be the end of his campaign and I hope his patriotism is questioned at the next debate.

Ron Paul Condemns U.S.-Backed Killing of al Qaeda Figure and U.S. Cititizen Anwar al-Awlaki - Washington Wire - WSJ

Snippet from article:

GOFFSTOWN, N.H.–Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul condemned the U.S.-backed killing of al Qaeda figure and U.S. citizen Anwar al-Awlaki.

Ron Paul is going off on this, discussing Due Process etc... Just like the more extreme members of the GOP / ConservaRepubTeaPartiers did with OBL. Paul is such an @ss. There are dozens of threads here where I said although I disagree with him on some issues, I like him. Not anymore. F*ck him.

What bullsh1t. I'm sure the same whackjobs who talk about how "Bush was successful in Iraq" will all be going out of their way to point out that Obama should get no credit for this (always easy to spot the whackjobs).
Obama is a horrible president but he has done SOME things well. His foreign / intel policies have been excellent but his domestic agenda is such a disaster, I think a lollipop with a face painted on it could beat him in 2012.So on this one thing, Good job Mr. President. This is twice he went into an allied country where the political fallout for failure would have had the sharks in a frenzy. But Obama made the decision to do so. No one else did. No one else could. Only Obama. Can't escape that.
Of course I'll catch sh1t from both LibDem & ConservaRepub whackjobs for the statements above but ooooh, that's just the usual.... :poop:

Thats how I feel about Obama as well, if he could run the economy as well as he targets terrorists we would be in good shape.

Interesting questions on the whole matter. We had the extra legal murder of an american citizen overseas. I am not arguing the guy didn't earn his murder. Karma is a bitch. But....
how far this path of assassination and murder do we want to go? What limits are put on this behavior? It wasn't that long ago that the Chilean government blew up a guy they didn't like in his home in Washington DC.
Are we giving Obama a no bag limit hunting licence?

Well gee, so far it's been limited to 1 guy, who was openly at war with his Former Country. It's not like he was hiding his intentions.

Snippet from article:

Obama is a horrible president but he has done SOME things well. His foreign / intel policies have been excellent but his domestic agenda is such a disaster, I think a lollipop with a face painted on it could beat him in 2012.So on this one thing, Good job Mr. President. This is twice he went into an allied country where the political fallout for failure would have had the sharks in a frenzy. But Obama made the decision to do so. No one else did. No one else could. Only Obama. Can't escape that.

Thats how I feel about Obama as well, if he could run the economy as well as he targets terrorists we would be in good shape.

That's just it. Targeting Terrorists is easy. The CIA and US military do all the work for him. All he has to do is sign off on killing them.

The Economy is a different Beast all together. There is no CIA and US Military doing all the heavy lifting for Obama on that issue. Not to mention Obama is benefiting from Bush Area Policies that help us get these guys, Policies he opposed as a candidate. With the Economy Obama is running way from Bush Area Policies, instead of embracing them.

What is nervous making is the unholy glee at the death of these guys by the Obamabots. Sure, the guy got what was coming. And it was overdue. And Bush should have done it long ago....

It does, however, smack of Obama's domestic MO. Find an enemy. or make one. Fix that enemy as the enemy of civilization, and destroy that enemy. Everyone is cool with his demise. Some folks are going "Rock on."

I have no problem with pride in our armed forces who can carry out this job. I even think a bit of schadefruede at his demise is called for. The mastabatory thrill some folks show when we succeed at these missions is excessive.

What is nervous making is the unholy glee at the death of these guys by the Obamabots. Sure, the guy got what was coming. And it was overdue. And Bush should have done it long ago....

It does, however, smack of Obama's domestic MO. Find an enemy. or make one. Fix that enemy as the enemy of civilization, and destroy that enemy. Everyone is cool with his demise. Some folks are going "Rock on."

I have no problem with pride in our armed forces who can carry out this job. I even think a bit of schadefruede at his demise is called for. The mastabatory thrill some folks show when we succeed at these missions is excessive.

Good point. I will therefore confine my appreciation of this accomplishment to a brief prance around the deck of an aircraft carrier,

in a borrowed flight suit. :lol::lol:

That's just it. Targeting Terrorists is easy. The CIA and US military do all the work for him. All he has to do is sign off on killing them.

Um yeah. That's absolute bullsh1t. First, if it was that easy, why didn't Bush do it? Second, there is nothing easy about authorizing our intel & SOFs to operate and then strike in allied countries. The potential for fallout is enormous. But I predicted your exact response so why go on. Obvious where you're coming from...

The Economy is a different Beast all together. There is no CIA and US Military doing all the heavy lifting for Obama on that issue. Not to mention Obama is benefiting from Bush Area Policies that help us get these guys, Policies he opposed as a candidate. With the Economy Obama is running way from Bush Area Policies, instead of embracing them.

I think you mean Bush Era. Unless you are referring to polcies that exist in Texas?

Got it. Everything Bush: Good! Everything Obama: Bad!

Gee, never seen that before...

Paul also condemned Bin Laden's death too.

Interesting questions on the whole matter. We had the extra legal murder of an american citizen overseas. I am not arguing the guy didn't earn his murder. Karma is a bitch. But....
how far this path of assassination and murder do we want to go? What limits are put on this behavior? It wasn't that long ago that the Chilean government blew up a guy they didn't like in his home in Washington DC.

True. Technically, assassination is not in the U.S.'s "state-craft" tool-kit unlike say Israel who openly uses assassination as a foreign policy tool. The fact that these individuals are enemy combatants mitigates the murky legal-issues though. This isn't a typical war against people who identify themselves en masse, wearing uniforms. Dr. Paul just wants the law/Constitution followed.
You can't have that ! You're murka !

Snippet from article:

Yeah--this is the end of Ron Paul's campaign. Hopefully his son Rand Paul is taking notes--because I believe he is going to be in a position one day to run for POTUS. While most people agree with a lot of what Ron Paul has to say--most also disagree on his foreign policy statements--especially his terrorist policies.

A great question. If POTUS. I would have given the green light to kill Osama and Awlaki. But the "no bag limit" is a germane point. How far?

G Bush declared a War on Terror. There is no trials or due process during a war. Even if it is a US citizen. Terrorists are game.

A great question. If POTUS. I would have given the green light to kill Osama and Awlaki. But the "no bag limit" is a germane point. How far?

G Bush declared a War on Terror. There is no trials or due process during a war. Even if it is a US citizen. Terrorists are game.

Yes, there are rules of war during wartime. The error is that Congress has not declared formally a war against Terror and against all nations that support terror. Until we do, our own soldiers are not protected against war crimes trials held by other countries if they catch them.

It is an interesting question. Other interesting questions are Obama's order to kill OBL, Cheney's order to shoot down a Commercial Aircraft during the 911 nightmare; Bush's order to bomb residential neighborhoods in an effort to kill Saddam's son's, Truman's order to drop the bomb, twice, and Carter's decision not to ask the Congress to decare war on Iran, etc.

POTUS (and sometimes VPOTUS) is not an easy job, especially when partisan hacks question most everything one does and everything one says, have said (and never said, too).

It is an interesting question. Other interesting questions are Obama's order to kill OBL, Cheney's order to shoot down a Commercial Aircraft during the 911 nightmare; Bush's order to bomb residential neighborhoods in an effort to kill Saddam's son's, Truman's order to drop the bomb, twice, and Carter's decision not to ask the Congress to decare war on Iran, etc.

POTUS (and sometimes VPOTUS) is not an easy job, especially when partisan hacks question most everything one does and everything one says, have said (and never said, too).

Nice to see a liberal supporting the actions of Bush for once. Way to go!

Forum List

Back