"he's gonna take our guns!"

UN Small Arms Treaty, look it up. Obama wants to sign it into law vie Executive Order.

I love it when people say "look it up". It is often an indication they are speaking out of their ass.

You are wrong twice over.

First, it must be ratified by the Senate, as others have pointed out.

Second, it has nothing to do with taking away your guns.

I have familiarized myself with the UN documentation and reports surrounding the treaty. There is no treaty yet, but a UN resolution confirmed our right to bear arms in the US as one of the foundations of that treaty which will be finished in a couple days.

The treaty has to do with the prevention of arms trafficking with terrorists, and has nothing to do with the derringer in your purse. It will affect the bottom line of arms manufacturers, so they are working overtime to make people like you believe this treaty means Obama will come for your guns next week.

I also checked it out, my understanding is as yours. The treaty, as yet UNFINISHED, addresses manufacturers, not individual owners. I believe Conservative pointed that out first.

Bahahahaha. The left used to say mocking what they saw as pseudo fear in gun lovin' 'merkins.

Well, one little event and seems a lot likelier now doesn't it?

It won't happen, in my opinion. Too many Dems love their right to bear arms, as do the rest of us.

imagesCAFNE738.jpg

And I am sure that theyequally would love to defend themselves from Tyranny.

Last edited:
What's funny is that you guys are referencing a document, the Constitution, that the President cares not a wit about!

Obama said he won't sign NDAA, then he signs it. He says it doesn't have secret arrest of US citizens provisions in it then we find out he insisted those provisions be put in!

Just remember this: Any Mayor, Governor or Police Chief anywhere who says "Turn in your weapons" is a criminal.

The Banks own our gov't and are flushing our Economy down the toilet. The only thing we have left standing between us and total tyranny are our guns.

Obama is already at the head of the UN Security Council which is an impeachable offense.
Obama has already said (along with Panetta) that the US Military works for the UN, an impeachable offense.
Obama has already given amnesty to 800,000 illegal aliens, outside of law.

What makes you think Obama WON'T sign it into law and what makes you think the de-balled Congress will stop him?

Wakw up, we have a Dictator in the White House that doesn't give a SHITTE about the Constitution.

Wrong about the presidency of the UN Security Council.............

Actually, no.

Obama to Chair UN Security Council

Barack Obama is set to become the first-ever U.S. president to chair the United Nations' 15-member Security Council when it meets later this month.

The council, which next meets Sept. 24, deals with a host of global challenges, including nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament. The Obama administration hopes to use the month-long appointment to emphasise a departure from the Bush administration's strategy of pursuing its own unilateral policies through the council.

Neal MacFarquhar, the United Nations bureau chief for The New York Times, talks about Thursday's special Security Council session on nuclear arms presided over by President Obama.

When chairmanship of the council rolls around for the US, it is usually chaired by the US Ambassador.

Last edited:
Obama is already at the head of the UN Security Council which is an impeachable offense.
Obama has already said (along with Panetta) that the US Military works for the UN, an impeachable offense.

What makes you think Obama WON'T sign it into law and what makes you think the de-balled Congress will stop him?

Wakw up, we have a Dictator in the White House that doesn't give a SHITTE about the Constitution.

Wrong about the presidency of the UN Security Council.............

Actually, no.

Obama to Chair UN Security Council

Barack Obama is set to become the first-ever U.S. president to chair the United Nations' 15-member Security Council when it meets later this month.

The council, which next meets Sept. 24, deals with a host of global challenges, including nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament. The Obama administration hopes to use the month-long appointment to emphasise a departure from the Bush administration's strategy of pursuing its own unilateral policies through the council.

Neal MacFarquhar, the United Nations bureau chief for The New York Times, talks about Thursday's special Security Council session on nuclear arms presided over by President Obama.

When chairmanship of the council rolls around for the US, it is usually chaired by the US Ambassador.

Chairing for one meeting doesn't mean that you've taken over the UN.

See, you have a preconceived notion which says this treaty will take your guns. And so you think we should all oppose this treaty based on this notion.

However, your notion is wrong. Therefore, your conclusion we should oppose it is wrong.

The treaty deals with the problem of arms being sold to terrorists. Terrorists. Understand? Do you want arms to be continued to be sold to terrorists, or should something be done about it?

The decision of whether or not it should be ratified should be based on reality and the actual content of the treaty, not some nutso's delusions. We should read it and decide if it will diminish arms trafficking to terrorists.

You DO want to stop terrorism, don't you?

When it is released, let's read it. Then you can show us the part where Obama gets to come take your guns, okay?

Link it, I dont trust the UN at all, sorry I want to see it in black and white.

A US ban on firearms would have about as much effect as the ban on pot.

It would also never get by congress, and despite the unfounded paranoia of the right Obama needs them to pass the bill before it can sign it and make it law in america. I do like howsuch an idea is so insane that the right has to resort to lies about the UN coming and taking our guns. Seriously, if the UN can't keep drug cartels and terrorist organizations from having guns, how the hell are they going to keep the people of the US from having guns?

About the only place i see this being an issue is in the next election for the US as the event has sparked great fear and paranoia bout safety despite it being much rarer to die from a crazy shooter in a movie theater than to win the lottery. Come election time all the idiots who are now struck with fear of being shot at a batman showing will remember that republicans want to give guns to crazies. Obama made a great PR move calling for increased background checks which are never going to get done anyway, and would never have stopped this kid because he never did anything wrong to get him banned from owning the guns. So obama makes a cheapo statement to try and pretend he is going to do something, which really won't be done or even help, and he looks better than mittens to the majority of people who have no need for a gun and don't consider gun ownership a big concern. Big mistake by mittens to claim he would never do anything to hinder the shooting in colorado. All the over the top gun nuts who would have regarded that a good move already were going to vote for him anyway. Talk about your times to flip flop, and the master of the flip flop doesn't come out with a meaningless PC statement about beefing up security just t5o pander to the crowds? Who the fuck is advising that nimrod?

The treaty has to do with the prevention of arms trafficking with terrorists, and has nothing to do with the derringer in your purse.

Terrorists are people too, my friend! If a terrorist can't have easy access to thousands of unlicensed assault-style weapons to use in plotting against us, can any of us truly say we are free?

The treaty has to do with the prevention of arms trafficking with terrorists, and has nothing to do with the derringer in your purse.

Terrorists are people too, my friend! If a terrorist can't have easy access to thousands of unlicensed assault-style weapons to use in plotting against us, can any of us truly say we are free?

Guns don't kill people...terrorists kill people

Forum List

Back