He's 63, just joined the Navy and says, 'I'm in my prime'

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
image.jpg

It was his 27 year old ensign daughter who performed the oath of office.

image.jpg

A lot of people don’t even you know you can join the Reserves and contribute. A lot of people in the private sector have a lot of skills they can bring to the Navy and military in general,” he said. “You can be 40 years old, 50 years old and your profession may be something that’s necessary in the military. You can certainly give back by joining the Reserves.”

Why am I posting this? Well, to be honest, during my recent visits to the hospital at Nellis AFB, I’ve encountered a lot of doctors who completed their civilian careers and are serving at the hospital to treat military personnel and their families. Certainly not for the money but because they want to contribute their skills to where it counts. My own Primary Care Doctor completed 3 decades as an Internist and is serving under she starts up her own biomedical company. I really like who she treats me.

More of this story @ He's 63, just joined the Navy and says, 'I'm in my prime'

I thought the mandatory retirement for Navy officers was 62. Does he get to retire instantly and get credit for a year?

Last edited:
Can't the U.S. government furnish legal and medical services to the Military without the ludicrous image of commissioning a 62 year old man? If not we are in trouble.

I mean come-on. We know for a fact that 62 year old men are certainly not in "their prime of life" no matter what they say and the Navy doesn't consider them to be in their prime because they force officers to retire at 61. It's an insult to the Navy to promote this freaking soap opera.

Forum List

Back