Hersh Reports on Covert Action in Iran

Copyright violations? What a waste of time.

Copyright laws are going to become obsolete.

Be that as it may, copyrights laws exist at this moment, and will be adhered to by members of this board. I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion since it is not open to debate.

Threads that do not adhere to law and this board's policy pertaining to the law will be deleted.

If and when the law is changed or deleted, THEN the policy of this board may be changed to reflect that.

Be that as it may, copyrights laws exist at this moment, and will be adhered to by members of this board. I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion since it is not open to debate.

Threads that do not adhere to law and this board's policy pertaining to the law will be deleted.

If and when the law is changed or deleted, THEN the policy of this board may be changed to reflect that.

Hey Gunny, are you headed to Iran?

I think it will fall to John McCain or Barack Obama to launch a war on Iran. Obama may try to negotiate, but I have a hunch that war with Iran is now inevitable. Some terrorist stuff will happen, Iran will be the culprit and we'll ended up in another war. Obama may talk about negotiation but when push comes to shove he will still have the balls to declare war when its necessary.

ie. For example if Iran launched a nuclear missile on Israel there would probably be a reprisal from Israel and the United States, regardless of which person gets elected in November 2008.

Besides, we need to finish building that oil pipeline from Iraq, through Iran and Afghanistan to China. The Chinese want that oil for their booming economy.

Iran is not going to launch a nuke at Israel. Arabs being killed by radiation poisoning is just not going to be something on the table for the Ayatollah. They are most likely interested in acquiring a nuclear weapon to point back at Israel, but nobody is going to launch any nuke.

As a publiser myself, I certainly understand this board's managment taking the "better safe than sorry" route.

And while I think the probability of some publication taking this board to task for violating their copyright is remote, why risk it?

But, and I say this with some authority, the concept of FAIR USE is so confusing that nobody who ever uses ANY QUOTE is really safe from being taken to court for using it.

It is SO VAGUE as to be meaningless, which is exactly why I said previously that each case has to really be decided in a court.

If any of you doubt me, try and find a FORMULA that you can count on that explains what FAIR USE actually is.

There is NO such formiula that the courts recognize, folks. None.

Iran is not going to launch a nuke at Israel. Arabs being killed by radiation poisoning is just not going to be something on the table for the Ayatollah. They are most likely interested in acquiring a nuclear weapon to point back at Israel, but nobody is going to launch any nuke.

You don't really believe that, do you?

lol... too funny... like Israel's ever threatened anyone with nukes....

how long have they had them again? :cuckoo:

As a publiser myself, I certainly understand this board's managment taking the "better safe than sorry" route.

And while I think the probability of some publication taking this board to task for violating their copyright is remote, why risk it?

But, and I say this with some authority, the concept of FAIR USE is so confusing that nobody who ever uses ANY QUOTE is really safe from being taken to court for using it.

It is SO VAGUE as to be meaningless, which is exactly why I said previously that each case has to really be decided in a court.

If any of you doubt me, try and find a FORMULA that you can count on that explains what FAIR USE actually is.

There is NO such formiula that the courts recognize, folks. None.

Formula? Maybe. But there's certainly an inquiry to be made:

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered “fair,” such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair:

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

the nature of the copyrighted work;

amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The distinction between “fair use” and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

U.S. Copyright Office - Fair Use

You don't really believe that, do you?

lol... too funny... like Israel's ever threatened anyone with nukes....

how long have they had them again? :cuckoo:

Well we really don't know for sure how long they've had them because they get exempted from the responsibilities expected from the rest of the civilized world.

Do I believe either Israel or Iran will launch a nuke at each other? No, absolutely not. The Iranian people would tear the regime apart if even one Muslim was effected.

If you had a gun to your head would you want one too? Of course you would. Its common sense.

Well we really don't know for sure how long they've had them because they get exempted from the responsibilities expected from the rest of the civilized world.

So how do you know they have them? Because you say so?

Do I believe either Israel or Iran will launch a nuke at each other? No, absolutely not. The Iranian people would tear the regime apart if even one Muslim was effected.

You do seem to have everything ass backwards.

If you had a gun to your head would you want one too? Of course you would. Its common sense.

Yeah, but Iran's a semi-rogue nation with wacko religious fundies who want the helm.

Gee...why wouldn't we want psychos who want to blow up Israel to have nukes?

I know that must upset you...Israel not getting nuked and all...

Originally the whole article was just cut and paste. Not really supposed to do that, but I'm probably more apt to notice/mention it than most.

I Wondered if you weren't supposed to, from what someone on the forum said...

An' yes, you would be. But that's good.

Because it's a fairly well-known fact?

Nuclear Weapons - Israel

If you're referring to Ahmadinejad's infamous comment, it was mistranslated.

He was giving a speech where he talked about how the USSR faded from the pages of time, and said Israel would also fade into the pages of history. This was mistranslated as "Israel must be wiped off the map".

It's pretty unlikely that Iran is going to launch nukes at Israel, even if they had the means to actually deliver a warhead. They would end up hitting the 3rd holiest place in Islam, as well as killing millions of muslim palestinians.

Last edited:

No, because Mordechai Vanunu took pictures in 1986. Do try to read a news report or two from time to time in between your exploitation of anti-semitism.

You do seem to have everything ass backwards.

What is ass backwards is expecting the Iranian regime to collectively commit suicide. I know that doesn't fit into your talking points, but reality usually doesn't.

Yeah, but Iran's a semi-rogue nation with wacko religious fundies who want the helm.

the fundies are in power and have been since '79, much like when Likhud has the majority of the coalition.

No one really does. But being that I believe in international law and not whatever the Israelis feel like they should be able to do this week, and given that the Pakistani regime has nuclear weapons and the world hasn't ended yet, its not the end of the world. No one is setting off a nuke in their neighbors back yard. The biggest threat if Iran has nukes is an accidental exchange.

I know that must upset you...Israel not getting nuked and all...

Hows your Latin? Ad hominem.

No, because Mordechai Vanunu took pictures in 1986. Do try to read a news report or two from time to time in between your exploitation of anti-semitism.

So now pointing out that someone like you is a liar who repeats only palestinian propaganda but has no knowledge of the actual facts is "exploitation of anti-semitism"?

Is that what they taught you to say in school when your ignorance is pointed out?

ass backwards is expecting the Iranian regime to collectively commit suicide. I know that doesn't fit into your talking points, but reality usually doesn't.

Actually, you're the one who isn't rooted in "reality", no matter what you call yourself.

Again, when has Israel ever threatened to annialate Iran?

Now, when has Iran ever threatened to destroy Israel?

Hmmmmmmmmm... which of us deals in reality? :eusa_whistle:

dies are in power and have been since '79, much like when Likhud has the majority of the coalition.

The Likud were fundamentalist Jews? Really?

Interesting...

Now do tell me where Jewish dogma requires destruction of the infidel?

Didn't think so....

really does. But being that I believe in international law and not whatever the Israelis feel like they should be able to do this week, and given that the Pakistani regime has nuclear weapons and the world hasn't ended yet, its not the end of the world. No one is setting off a nuke in their neighbors back yard. The biggest threat if Iran has nukes is an accidental exchange.

Hows your Latin? Ad hominem.

You don't believe in international law... you believe in the destruction of Israel.

Go learn something, seriously. You sound silly saying things like the Likud were fundies.

So now pointing out that someone like you is a liar who repeats only palestinian propaganda but has no knowledge of the actual facts is "exploitation of anti-semitism"?

Exploitation of anti-semitism is calling anyone who disagrees with Israel's politics and expansionism as anti-semitic, which you do repeatedly. You use the very serious bane that anti-semitism is for political purposes. Its nothing less than the denigration of the true victims of anti-semitism.

Is that what they taught you to say in school when your ignorance is pointed out?

I was taught to look at the evidence objectively and make conclusions strictly on the basis of that evidence. You have decided to scream anti-semitism every time someone says something you don't like about Israeli politics or policy.

Actually, you're the one who isn't rooted in "reality", no matter what you call yourself.

So there are not pictures of Israel's nuclear facilities? Who were those Israelis who supported Vanunu's release? Self hating?

Again, when has Israel ever threatened to annialate Iran?

One would expect the nation founded on western principles to not do so.

Now, when has Iran ever threatened to destroy Israel?

Often. What exactly is Ahmadenijad going to do? If I say I'm going to make a pig fly does that make it true? Its sabre rattling for internal consumption. He isn't going to do a damn thing because the Ayatollah fears insurrection more than God. There is plenty of evidence to support that.

Here is some analysis for you. Ahmadenijad will win elections as long as there is sabre rattling between Iran and US/Israel. When did the electorate go moderate? When Iran had few external problems. Why? Because its internal problems came front and center. With international problems comes nationalism. See the 4 billion percent approval rating of Bush after 9-11.

Hmmmmmmmmm... which of us deals in reality? :eusa_whistle:

Not you. You stop your analysis at the point that the convenient talking points arise.

The Likud were fundamentalist Jews? Really?

Sharon = terrorist who believed in the "Greater Israel" theory up until about 2 yrs before his brain quit on him and was a strong ally of the self-proclaimed fascist Maronite Phalange sect. Begin = terrorist who ordered the deaths of Jews, Brits and Arabs by way of bombings and indiscriminate shootings. Bibi = far right nationalist who is a subscriber of the "Greater Israel" theory. Labor tends to be much more moderate and not hijack and destroy the peace process.

I guess supporting Labor and calling Rabin a hero is anti-semitic to Zionist nationalists like yourself.

Interesting...

History tends to be.

Now do tell me where Jewish dogma requires destruction of the infidel?

It doesn't. Tell me where is says that Jews should expel non-Jews from the Holy Land or calls for a Jewish administration over that land. Tell me where the word Zionism appears in Jewish dogma. Tell me where the word Goyim appears in Jewish dogma. Tell me where British mandated Palestine is defined as a Jewish state in Jewish dogma.

Didn't think so....

I didn't either.

You don't believe in international law... you believe in the destruction of Israel.

No I believe in the rights of self determination.

Go learn something, seriously.

Kindly point out what you have contributed besides accusations of anti-semitism. While I could learn quite a bit from you about playing the "race card," I'll be happy to offer facts and analysis of those facts while you continue to call anything you don't like anti-semitism. Here's hoping you aren't studying to be a civil rights lawyer.

You sound silly saying things like the Likud were fundies.

You sound ignorant of the history of the party and its most relevant members. Not surprising. Read something not published by the Israeli government. There are plenty of Jewish researchers, historians and authors who don't toe the nationalist line. Of course you would probably call them anti-semitic too.

Last edited:
Funding the same sect in Iran that Khalid Sheik Muhammad is a member of should be front page news. How many times are we going to make this mistake?

As many times as it takes to break the back of America.

Isn't it becoming obvious what the real agenda is, yet?

Forum List

Back