Herpes and other STD's

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Feb 6, 2011
Okolona, KY
The SDT dat'll sneak up on ya...
:eek:
Herpes Spreads, Even Without Symptoms
April 18, 2011 - You don't have to be in the middle of an outbreak to pass virus to sex partner
Most people with genital herpes, a sexually-transmitted viral infection, don't know they have it. And many who know they're infected mistakenly believe they can only pass the virus to their sex partners if they have genital lesions. A new study finds transmission of the virus is much easier than that, and suggests that sexually active people should get tested for genital herpes. The disease not only has serious consequences for pregnant women, but can also make people more vulnerable to HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

Education

Ninety percent of American teenagers take classes on sexually-transmitted diseases by the time they graduate from high school. Yet despite that, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control reports that teens between the ages of 15 and 19 have higher rates of sexually-transmitted disease than any other age group. Genital herpes is a disease that frequently goes undiagnosed. Most infected people are unaware they have the disease.

Doctors Anna Wald and Christine Johnston, from the University of Washington in Seattle, studied 500 people. Some had genital herpes. Others had never had a herpes outbreak, but they had antibodies for genital herpes, which is also called herpes simplex virus two, or HSV-2. "This was the first study to look over time at people that have HSV-2 infection but don’t have a history of genital herpes," says Wald, "and we really did not know before this how often the virus is active in the genital tract of such persons."

The researchers examined swabs the volunteers took of their genital area daily for 30 days. The goal was to find out how often the virus was active. "Many people think with genital herpes infections that they can only spread the virus when they have symptoms," says Johnson. What the researchers found out was quite different. For those who had antibodies for genital herpes, but did not have a history of the disease, the virus turned out to be active about 10 percent of the time. "Even people without a clinical history of genital HSV-2 are capable of spreading the virus to sexual partners," Johnson says.

Global implications

and gardisil and teaching kids the biological facts of sex, to include the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Why would we not also tell them to avoid it like, literally, the plague.

I do NOT want my underaged kids having sex. And I tell them that.

I also tell them all the down and dirty. And when I'm done telling them that they usually don't want to anyway.

Which reminds me...I watched an episode of this show called Emily of New Moon...or Half Moon...anyway, it's a series based on books penned by the author of Anne of Green Gables. There's this wonderful story about how these girls help a pregnant girl...and somehow get the idea that kissing will get people pregnant. It's so flipping funny....one of the girls has just been kissed, her first kiss, by a really cute boy who is also helping with the pregnant girl. And she thinks he's going to try to kiss her again and she almost has hysterics and was like "No no no! I am too young to have a baby!!!!" And he's like, whaaat...and she tells him kissing causes babies.

And he doesn't know any better so he believes it too...so you've got these two kids who are completely freaked out but he's like, "Yeah, you're right. We're way too young for that!"

I mean, I'm teaching my kids that sex is for grownups who can support themselves and anyone else they want to share their lives with. I taught my first set of kids that. And as far as I can tell it's the best thing to teach them. I didn't leave fucking prophalactics laying around the house for them to use based on my assumption they'd have sex. If they are thinking about sex in MY house, my attitude is that they should fucking stop thinking about it right now before I send them to the farm to help grease the combines in 115 degree heat. (It's like you're cooking in a dirty stove).

Same episode, the same kids actually witnessed the birth and it was equally hilarious because believe me they were very, very, VERY shocked...and very joyful, too...just like kids always are. They restated their conviction that kissing was probably not the best idea.

Ah it was really cute.

fact: if most people would take the blood test for herpes simplex 1 or 2...they would test positive....i have herpes simplex 1 or fever blisters...i have been married to the same person for 30 years...he has no outward signs of herpes...but i bet if he took the blood test he would

fact: if most people would take the blood test for herpes simplex 1 or 2...they would test positive....i have herpes simplex 1 or fever blisters...i have been married to the same person for 30 years...he has no outward signs of herpes...but i bet if he took the blood test he would
I have never had an STD. When I was in the Military I was stationed in the Pacific, I ran all over and spanked every woman I could find! Rarely used a condom, never got an STD.

I know what yer' thinkin':
Oh you got a disease all right, you just don't know it!
My wife and I got blood tests for an IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) procedure last year. During the course of testing I gave ten vials of blood and was checked for every disease known to man and there wasn't any positives. I even told the Doctor about my past and he said "You have no indicators of any disease".

(Yeah I gotta' admit I was a little nervous about it though. :lol:)

and gardisil and teaching kids the biological facts of sex, to include the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I also tell them all the down and dirty. And when I'm done telling them that they usually don't want to anyway.

Which reminds me...I watched an episode of this show called Emily of New Moon...or Half Moon...anyway, it's a series based on books penned by the author of Anne of Green Gables. There's this wonderful story about how these girls help a pregnant girl...and somehow get the idea that kissing will get people pregnant. It's so flipping funny....one of the girls has just been kissed, her first kiss, by a really cute boy who is also helping with the pregnant girl. And she thinks he's going to try to kiss her again and she almost has hysterics and was like "No no no! I am too young to have a baby!!!!" And he's like, whaaat...and she tells him kissing causes babies.

And he doesn't know any better so he believes it too...so you've got these two kids who are completely freaked out but he's like, "Yeah, you're right. We're way too young for that!"

I mean, I'm teaching my kids that sex is for grownups who can support themselves and anyone else they want to share their lives with. I taught my first set of kids that. And as far as I can tell it's the best thing to teach them. I didn't leave fucking prophalactics laying around the house for them to use based on my assumption they'd have sex. If they are thinking about sex in MY house, my attitude is that they should fucking stop thinking about it right now before I send them to the farm to help grease the combines in 115 degree heat. (It's like you're cooking in a dirty stove).

Same episode, the same kids actually witnessed the birth and it was equally hilarious because believe me they were very, very, VERY shocked...and very joyful, too...just like kids always are. They restated their conviction that kissing was probably not the best idea.

Ah it was really cute.

We also teach our kids that alcohol should only be consumed by grownups.

That's obviously working out well for us.

I have never had an STD. When I was in the Military I was stationed in the Pacific, I ran all over and spanked every woman I could find! Rarely used a condom, never got an STD.

I know what yer' thinkin':
Oh you got a disease all right, you just don't know it!
My wife and I got blood tests for an IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) procedure last year. During the course of testing I gave ten vials of blood and was checked for every disease known to man and there wasn't any positives. I even told the Doctor about my past and he said "You have no indicators of any disease".

(Yeah I gotta' admit I was a little nervous about it though. :lol:)

I'd lay money that you have some strains of HPV. You probably just lucked out and didn't get 6,11, 16, 18 or the ones in the low 30s. Or maybe you did if your significant other has a history of abnormal paps.

Ah it was really cute.

We also teach our kids that alcohol should only be consumed by grownups.

That's obviously working out well for us.

So do you leave them the keys to the liquor cabinet and buy alcohol for them...and tell them that you'd rather they didn't but you understand if they do and you just want them to be *safe*?

No, you don't. Because children can't *safely* drink liquor. Likewise, children cannot *safely* have sex.

April 18, 2011 - You don't have to be in the middle of an outbreak to pass virus to sex partner
Most people with genital herpes, a sexually-transmitted viral infection, don't know they have it. And many who know they're infected mistakenly believe they can only pass the virus to their sex partners if they have genital lesions. A new study finds transmission of the virus is much easier than that, and suggests that sexually active people should get tested for genital herpes. The disease not only has serious consequences for pregnant women, but can also make people more vulnerable to HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

Education

Ninety percent of American teenagers take classes on sexually-transmitted diseases by the time they graduate from high school. Yet despite that, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control reports that teens between the ages of 15 and 19 have higher rates of sexually-transmitted disease than any other age group. Genital herpes is a disease that frequently goes undiagnosed. Most infected people are unaware they have the disease.

Doctors Anna Wald and Christine Johnston, from the University of Washington in Seattle, studied 500 people. Some had genital herpes. Others had never had a herpes outbreak, but they had antibodies for genital herpes, which is also called herpes simplex virus two, or HSV-2. "This was the first study to look over time at people that have HSV-2 infection but don’t have a history of genital herpes," says Wald, "and we really did not know before this how often the virus is active in the genital tract of such persons."

The researchers examined swabs the volunteers took of their genital area daily for 30 days. The goal was to find out how often the virus was active. "Many people think with genital herpes infections that they can only spread the virus when they have symptoms," says Johnson. What the researchers found out was quite different. For those who had antibodies for genital herpes, but did not have a history of the disease, the virus turned out to be active about 10 percent of the time. "Even people without a clinical history of genital HSV-2 are capable of spreading the virus to sexual partners," Johnson says.

Global implications
You poor thing. First Herpes in 2011 and then a stroke in 2018. Probably from too much fucking.

Education

Global implications
You poor thing. First Herpes in 2011 and then a stroke in 2018. Probably from too much fucking.
Some one was bored........ :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back