heroic stories begin to emerge from the tragedy

• Banned
A Colorado teenager who survived the mass shooting at a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora this morning helped keep a young mother, her young child and her 3-month-old infant safe even though he was injured himself.

Jarell Brooks, 19, has been released from Denver General Hospital and is now recovering at home after he suffered a gunshot wound to the leg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dark-knight-rises-shooting-victim-stopped-young-mom/story?id=16822336

I am not familiar with Colorado's concealed carry laws, but imagine if just ONE law-abiding citizen in that packed theatre had a handgun with him/her. It would undoubtedly have saved lives and injuries.

The ONLY way to stop gun wielding criminals is to SHOOT BACK.

Last edited:
A Colorado teenager who survived the mass shooting at a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora this morning helped keep a young mother, her young child and her 3-month-old infant safe even though he was injured himself.

Jarell Brooks, 19, has been released from Denver General Hospital and is now recovering at home after he suffered a gunshot wound to the leg

'Dark Knight Rises' Shooting Victim Stopped to Help Young Mom - ABC News

Thank you, I read a little bit about this.

he was wearing body armour and even neck armour

That would leave his head, face, and legs open targets. Not that wearing 'body armor' wouldn't prevent you from getting your ass knocked down or even out if shot.

BTW fox and cnn seem to be doing good jobs of telling the good things people did.

I am not familiar with Colorado's concealed carry laws, but imagine if just ONE law-abiding citizen in that packed theatre had a handgun with him/her. It would undoubtedly have saved lives and injuries.

Yes we all know if the place was packed full of gun toting rednecks, they all would have been able to magically see in a pitch dark theater, while choking on tear gas and people running for their lives to be a hero and shoot the guy :eusa_hand:

There were people armed during the giffords massacre and guess what they did? NOTHING. he was subdued by unarmed democrats. The republicans ran and hid.

Also coloardo has pretty lax gun laws and allows concealed carry. You would think there would be at lease one "hero" there, right?

Last edited:

Yes we all know if the place was packed full of gun toting rednecks, they all would have been able to magically see in a pitch dark theater, while choking on tear gas and people running for their lives to be a hero and shoot the guy :eusa_hand:

There were people armed during the giffords massacre and guess what they did? NOTHING. he was subdued by unarmed democrats. The republicans ran and hid.

amazing... it wasn't liesmatters politicizing a tragedy..

:clap2:

The theater prohibited weapons.

Also coloardo has pretty lax gun laws and allows concealed carry. You would think there would be at lease one "hero" there, right?

What we all know is you are an idiot, no one in the theater had a gun except for the shooter.

What we all know is you are an idiot, no one in the theater had a gun except for the shooter.

All we know is that you are a brainwashed piece of shit. How do you know no one in the theater had a gun?

All we know is that you are a brainwashed piece of shit. How do you know no one in the theater had a gun?

And how do you know that anyone did?

I know it because I can use deductive reasoning.

Cinemark Theaters' No Firearms Policy | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

Cinemark Theaters' No Firearms Policy | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

Your reasoning is a blog from some guy in Alaska complaining that they were open carrying and asked to put their weapons in their cars

CO is a concealed carry state. There are no metal detectors or searches before entering. To think that not a single person out of the hundreds there, not even one in the manager's office or with security (if they had it) seems a bit far fetched.

Your reasoning is a blog from some guy in Alaska complaining that they were open carrying and asked to put their weapons in their cars

CO is a concealed carry state. There are no metal detectors or searches before entering. To think that not a single person out of the hundreds there, not even one in the manager's office or with security (if they had it) seems a bit far fetched.

The policy of the theater is that they do not allow guns. Colorado law allows businesses to post signs that ban concealed carrying. Ignoring that sign subjects a person who ignores said sign to a criminal charge. Only criminals break laws. There was only one criminal in that theater that night.

That is an example of deductive reasoning, the blog was just making the point that it is a national policy for the Cinemark theaters.

Forum List

Back