Hero Defends Shop With Unregistered Gun

They weren't victims, they were predators, perps who picked the wrong target.

OK, well I feel potentially sorry for the families of whatever you want to call them.
I call them exactly what they are, and that's NOT "victims."

If it will make you feel better, call the family members of the dead perps, the victims of the dead perps, because that's what they are.

A victim is "a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency". I did not intend any additional meaning that you may be reading into it.

I agree that the family members were victims of the dead would be robbers, but I'm not sure why you think that calling them that would make me feel better.

I didn't read the link, but if his gun was unregistered, doesn't that make him a criminal as well?

No... as there is no means for a law in the US to serve justice where it undermines the unalienable rights of the individual. Thus such laws which serve to do so are immoral and are to be disregarded.

Good luck with that Che :lol:

I didn't read the link, but if his gun was unregistered, doesn't that make him a criminal as well?

all those high ranking democrats who don't pay their taxes are criminals and you voted for them. :eusa_whistle:

Agreed. Now back to this thread. Without diverting, didn't the shooter break the law by using an unregistered gun?

Thank him, and arrest him. He is a law breaker. Technically he is as bad as the people he shot.

A hero and a criminal. Interesting situation.

On the face of it Zona you're quite right. I don't know the state law in NY but it would appear that possessing an unregistered firearm is an offence. It looks as if this bloke isn't going to be prosecuted for it though. But given the fact that this is on the lower end of possessions of unregistered firearms I'd say seizure (it would have to be seized anyway) is sufficient. I don't see the public interest in prosecution quite frankly. And sometimes being consistent is being unfair.

Well then we should arrest him immediately for likely saving the lives of his employees.

I think he should be thanked for saving all those people, then immediately arrested for shooting someone with an unregistered gun. He is a criminal. A hero, but a criminal who broke the law.

Interesting dichotomy if you ask me.

I have seen so many people say over and over, if you break the law, you should be punished. This guy should be thanked and prosecuted.

By doing so you'd then make it so people think twice before using their guns for self-defense, and thus making it far more likely to have victims rather than heroes. This man should be praised for his bravery, not prosecuted for an unjust law that makes criminals out of law abiding citizens.

Perhaps you didn't read my post. I said he should be praised for what he did but he is not a law biding citizen. Using a registered gun for self defense is the American way. There are gun laws for a reason, so this should make people more aware of being legal. This will actually help the cause.

The people who were shot were wrong and so was the shooter. He is a hero, but he is wrong. There is no gray area with gun laws. You break the law, you should be prosecuted for doing so, but in this case, he should be thanked first.

all those high ranking democrats who don't pay their taxes are criminals and you voted for them. :eusa_whistle:

Agreed. Now back to this thread. Without diverting, didn't the shooter break the law by using an unregistered gun?

Thank him, and arrest him. He is a law breaker. Technically he is as bad as the people he shot.

:cuckoo:

And this is where I usually part company with my friends on the right...

I also believe that once someone has served their time (prison AND all probation/parole) and paid their debt to society, they should have all rights restored to include their 2nd Amendment right to own firearms.

I disagree, but then I didn't agree with your earlier post (17) either. :lol:
:)

No, he is and will always be revered as a hero because he protected his property and his civilian unprotected employees from being killed by perps who had the intention of robbing the store. You are one dumb fuck when it comes to American law.

I think he should be thanked for saving all those people, then immediately arrested for shooting someone with an unregistered gun. He is a criminal. A hero, but a criminal who broke the law.

I have seen so many people say over and over, if you break the law, you should be punished. This guy should be thanked and prosecuted.

By doing so you'd then make it so people think twice before using their guns for self-defense, and thus making it far more likely to have victims rather than heroes. This man should be praised for his bravery, not prosecuted for an unjust law that makes criminals out of law abiding citizens.

Perhaps you didn't read my post. I said he should be praised for what he did but he is not a law biding citizen. Using a registered gun for self defense is the American way. There are gun laws for a reason, so this should make people more aware of being legal. This will actually help the cause.

The people who were shot were wrong and so was the shooter. He is a hero, but he is wrong. There is no gray area with gun laws. You break the law, you should be prosecuted for doing so, but in this case, he should be thanked first.

Or maybe the unjust law should be repealed so you don't dissuade others from defending themselves, their property, or other people from attack.

We don't know the gun laws in NY. Shotguns have to be registered? Rifles? Or just pistols and "assault" weapons? Either way, prosecution everywhere is at the will of the prosecutor. He gets to choose what he will bring to court.

And why didn't MSNBC see fit to find out and tell us if the perp's guns were registered. Oh yeah, that wouldn't fit their agenda.

OK, well I feel potentially sorry for the families of whatever you want to call them.
I call them exactly what they are, and that's NOT "victims."

If it will make you feel better, call the family members of the dead perps, the victims of the dead perps, because that's what they are.

A victim is "a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency". I did not intend any additional meaning that you may be reading into it.

I agree that the family members were victims of the dead would be robbers, but I'm not sure why you think that calling them that would make me feel better.
Well, I'm simply not calling the dead and wounded perps "victims." I refuse to give them the innocence that word implies. I do however, agree with the shooter who feels sorry for the families of the dead and wounded perps, who are the victims in this case. But they're not the victim of the shooter, they are the victims of their own dead perps.

A store owner defending himself and his property is "technically" as bad as four violent criminals? Where in the fuck do you get that?

First of all, as a moral matter, such a man is NOT "technically as bad" as the people he shot. Not even sure how I'd go about arguing that one.

Second of all, as a legal matter, the possession of an unregistered firearm, I can ASSURE YOU, carries nowhere near the penalty as attempted robbery. So "technically" you're dead fucking wrong.

I swear...

And there are some laws that are so dumb or archaic that should simply be ignored until they can be formally repealed. I disagree, there are not always reasons for laws, including gun laws, or at least good reasons or reasons that make sense. This is one of those situations.

Has anyone been following the Plaxico Burress case? Gun possession laws in NYC carry a mandatory 3 or 3.5 year sentance. I don't profess to be a NYC gun law expert, but if this law is applied to this individual, that is bullshit that this guy who defended himself could potentially go to jail for 3 years at the whim of some prosecutor. On a side note, I also think its bullshit that someone (Plaxico) would go to jail for accidentally shooting themselves. He shot himself, isn't that punishment enough?

A store owner defending himself and his property is "technically" as bad as four violent criminals? Where in the fuck do you get that?

First of all, as a moral matter, such a man is NOT "technically as bad" as the people he shot. Not even sure how I'd go about arguing that one.

Second of all, as a legal matter, the possession of an unregistered firearm, I can ASSURE YOU, carries nowhere near the penalty as attempted robbery. So "technically" you're dead fucking wrong.

I swear...

Don't swear, just agree, if you break the law you should be punished. The old man thankfully stopped a robbery, but he broke the law and should be punished for BREAKING THE LAW.
There are gun laws for a reason, agree? If they determine he should get a slap on the wrist, so be it.

The next time a home boy shoots someone because he saw a crime and his gun is unregistered, please come back here and defend him as well. I will say the exact same thing, thank you and he should be prosecuted. Lets see if he gets a slap on the wrist and support from everyone like this old man.

Forum List

Back