Hero 9/11 Firefighter Defends Bush Ads

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Hero New York City firefighter Mike Moran, whose words of defiance against Osama bin Laden helped rally the nation in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, said Friday that he finds President Bush's campaign ads invoking the attacks "inspirational."

"I think they're inspirational," Moran told No. 1 radio host Rush Limbaugh. "They remind me of how lost I felt on 9/11," explained the hero smoke-eater, whose brother John, also a fireman, perished when he rushed into World Trade Center Tower Two to rescue stranded New Yorkers that day.

"Seeing on the news when George Bush went down to the Trade Center to put his arm around that fireman - the words he spoke - they were inspirational," Moran told Limbaugh. "They made me feel like, wow, this isn't just going to be another terrorist attack where we sit back on our a---- and do nothing."

Moran criticized family members of other 9/11 victims who have complained about the ads, saying, "It's nothing less than slimy." He said too many Americans seem to want to forget some of the images from that day that appear in the Bush ads.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/5/140642.shtml

I'm surprised that news organizations report the good news. Usually they don't. I mean the reports of the few people who were opposed to it were so sensationalized.

The ads are here, they are good and the democrats will just have to start making ones which don't attack anyone and are as positive as these.

Got that right Evil - but you won't get the same in return from the LIBS!!! Remember, they blame Bush for 9/11.

The media is sucessfully brainwashing some Americans into believing that. Say it enough times and some people will take what they say as truth.

James Lilek has the appropriate perspective on the ad issue:

The Bleat

Check out the section which starts with his commentary on moveon.org.

Soros-financed ad today, about Bush eliminating overtime. The ad made it sound as though he had signed an executive order that outlawed the practice of paying ANYONE any overtime EVER, which of course isn’t the case. It fits with the worldview of the intended audience, I guess – the people who think that once upon a time the United States strictly adhered to the Kyoto protocols, had legal gay marriage, and allowed overtime pay, and the President has undone these pillars of society one by one. Because he hates people, you know. He really wants to screw people over. That’s how you get reelected: wage unrelenting war against the electorate so they’ll vote for you in hopes that the beatings will slacken somewhat in the lame-duck term.

(more)

Forum List

Back