Hermin Cain Announces!!!!!!!!!

So what?

I'm a republican and I voted for Obama. It's not my fault the idiot powers that be in the GOP put a nitwit on the ticket a heatbeat from the white house. I had no other choice. I saw Palin as a clear and present danger and was not going to do anything to improve her chances.

The president is a leader. He doesn't create legislation...he can't really do anything about many things people believe he is responsible for. I am not naive like that. What the president DOES do is from time to time act on his own judgment with the military. I would trust Powell to make the right calls.

That's some smart thinking, Tex. I guess you listened closely to Obama's agenda prior to your vote.

Brilliant.

Whatever PeggySue... Palin was not and is not qualified to be the leader of the free world. Period.

But Obama was?

Big boy thinking cap. You can do it.

I’m torn, Cain seems ok at best, very weak candidate but I agree with a good amount of what he says. I like Ron Paul and Cain seems to be a less informative version of RP. The problem I see if they pull much of the same vote, meaning that Cain takes from RP and RP takes votes from Cain…

I get the feeling they might end up cancelling each other out in the primaries allowing someone like a Mitt to grab the nomination and further erode the party into a hole of lack of true conservative representation.

A Cain/Paul ticket would be awesome though… Again I’d like Paul to head the ticket as he has all the experience and I think Cain would make 1 hell of a VP during the GE. I simply think it would be a much weaker ticket the other way around and further more who else could Cain pick that wouldn’t be a full on neocon? That would lose my vote instantly.

Cain was talking with Hannity on yesterday's radio show. (I caught a bit while commuting...) He said he would like Ryan or Rubio as VP picks, but that those two men were committed to serving their respective terms out in their states.

I'm trying to remember who he did mention. Bachmann was one (which won't make too many people happy), the other two were good picks. Pawlenty and McConnell? That could be totally off... I couldn't find mention of the interview online yet.

Yeah, that pretty much lost my vote lol... All he did was name drop "big names" but shitty names at that. I mean Ryan? Lol, that guys a fucking sissy bitch.

So let me get this straight. Republicans are racists for opposing Obama but are supporting Cain because he's a token black guy. Did I get that right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mZzTWMQPQ"]What's in the center?[/ame]

It is weird because the only noise I hear (not saying there is none on the right) about Cain's skin color comes from the left... Cain and Ron Paul were the 2 most liked people in the first debate and received lots of positive support from the crowd, no one stood up and yelled !******! Like it seems some might want us to believe.

I’m torn, Cain seems ok at best, very weak candidate but I agree with a good amount of what he says. I like Ron Paul and Cain seems to be a less informative version of RP. The problem I see if they pull much of the same vote, meaning that Cain takes from RP and RP takes votes from Cain…

I get the feeling they might end up cancelling each other out in the primaries allowing someone like a Mitt to grab the nomination and further erode the party into a hole of lack of true conservative representation.

A Cain/Paul ticket would be awesome though… Again I’d like Paul to head the ticket as he has all the experience and I think Cain would make 1 hell of a VP during the GE. I simply think it would be a much weaker ticket the other way around and further more who else could Cain pick that wouldn’t be a full on neocon? That would lose my vote instantly.

Cain was talking with Hannity on yesterday's radio show. (I caught a bit while commuting...) He said he would like Ryan or Rubio as VP picks, but that those two men were committed to serving their respective terms out in their states.

I'm trying to remember who he did mention. Bachmann was one (which won't make too many people happy), the other two were good picks. Pawlenty and McConnell? That could be totally off... I couldn't find mention of the interview online yet.

Yeah, that pretty much lost my vote lol... All he did was name drop "big names" but shitty names at that. I mean Ryan? Lol, that guys a fucking sissy bitch.

Yes, but in his defense, Hannity is the one that dropped Rubio and Ryan. He just said that they aren't even in the running.

I like what I know of Ryan to a large degree, but he isn't running, so I'm not paying too much attention to him right now beyond his budget proposal.

I actually like Bachmann. I think she risks getting skewered more than Palin, however, so in my opinion, she has no chance.

Probably surprising to some is that I like Romney. I think he has a strong business background, and his attempt at addressing health insurance/care in his state doesn't offend my sensibilities. The state level is where those issues SHOULD be addressed, not at the federal level.

I personally wouldn't put Cain at the top of the ticket. I think he would do better to serve as VP and go from there, imo.

Yes, but in his defense, Hannity is the one that dropped Rubio and Ryan. He just said that they aren't even in the running.

I like what I know of Ryan to a large degree, but he isn't running, so I'm not paying too much attention to him right now beyond his budget proposal.

I actually like Bachmann. I think she risks getting skewered more than Palin, however, so in my opinion, she has no chance.

Probably surprising to some is that I like Romney. I think he has a strong business background, and his attempt at addressing health insurance/care in his state doesn't offend my sensibilities. The state level is where those issues SHOULD be addressed, not at the federal level.

I personally wouldn't put Cain at the top of the ticket. I think he would do better to serve as VP and go from there, imo.

I agree, but not that Mitt has any chance at on the President level.

I agree, but not that Mitt has any chance at on the President level.

I might be misunderstanding your post. You think that Romney can't win the nomination? He seems like he is starting to get his campaign going right now in a pretty remarkable manner.

At this point, gut level, I fear that Romney is going to be the nominee by default as the vote is split among everybody else. That is how McCain got in. And I think the electorate will be just as unenthused about voting for Romney as they were Mc Cain.

At least Herman Cain at this point does not generate those kinds of feelings for me. One of the points he made was that everybody else we've elected lately has had political experience. And how is that working out for us?

Unless something comes up that I don't see now, I wouldn't have to hold my nose to vote for Cain.

i'm sorry, herman cain doesn't have the media presence to win an election. i wouldn't vote for him regardless, but his speech mannerisms are jarring enough that i doubt he'd be able to capture much of the vote.

At this point, gut level, I fear that Romney is going to be the nominee by default as the vote is split among everybody else. That is how McCain got in. And I think the electorate will be just as unenthused about voting for Romney as they were Mc Cain.

At least Herman Cain at this point does not generate those kinds of feelings for me. One of the points he made was that everybody else we've elected lately has had political experience. And how is that working out for us?

Unless something comes up that I don't see now, I wouldn't have to hold my nose to vote for Cain.

I personally don't know how McCain got in, except that the left promoted him like crazy and then once nominated, tied him to Bush.

And to the bolded point above, Obama didn't have experience, so he is a little off on that one.

I just like Romney's business sense more than anyone else at this moment in time. I want to see someone that knows how to make good fiscal decisions, which Romney has done. If you look at Wiki, it lists he business career. Pretty much a superstar throughout his life. I probably know less about his politics as opposed to his business history, but I will be taking a look at him. Our economy is in need of being rescued.

I could rally around a Romney/Cain ticket. Both have proven themselves in the real world, not just in the halls of capitol buildings.

I personally don't know how McCain got in, except that the left promoted him like crazy and then once nominated, tied him to Bush.

And to the bolded point above, Obama didn't have experience, so he is a little off on that one.

I just like Romney's business sense more than anyone else at this moment in time. I want to see someone that knows how to make good fiscal decisions, which Romney has done. If you look at Wiki, it lists he business career. Pretty much a superstar throughout his life. I probably know less about his politics as opposed to his business history, but I will be taking a look at him. Our economy is in need of being rescued.

I could rally around a Romney/Cain ticket. Both have proven themselves in the real world, not just in the halls of capitol buildings.

Well Obama was in the Illinois State Senate for several years and in the U.S. Senate for two, albeit mostly absentee. So he does have some political experience.

Lack of political experience won't bother me so much with a person with the right values and who I trust to stick to those values and who has a good track record for choosing good people to surround himself with. What somebody lacks in expertise, they wisely choose people to work with who can fill in those deficiencies.

Romney at gut level I don't really trust to be operating on conviction or values he will stick with. He sometimes seems to say what people want to hear when the overall track record doesn't support his words as conviction. I haven't heard Cain waffle on anything yet, but admittedly it is still early in the political season. Cain does also bring the heavy duty business experience though.

But I would vote for a conservative Mickey Mouse over Barack Obama as I am ready to start slowing down and reversing this runaway debt train we're now on. Even if Mickey Mouse is Romney.

But I wouldn't enjoy voting for Romney as much as something I really did think was the right guy.

Last edited:
You dismiss him as an accomplished black man that many might admire for a variety of reasons, because he is black, and therefore token.

You are making him token.

Well that was completely predictable. I knew as soon as Cain started gaining momentum after the South Carolina debate that he would be called a token because he's black. The Democrats treated Michael Steele the same way.

I thought you rightwing nuts didn't care for the race card.

You dismiss him as an accomplished black man that many might admire for a variety of reasons, because he is black, and therefore token.

You are making him token.

Well that was completely predictable. I knew as soon as Cain started gaining momentum after the South Carolina debate that he would be called a token because he's black. The Democrats treated Michael Steele the same way.

I thought you rightwing nuts didn't care for the race card.

We care about it. Especially when you on the left starts showing your hypocrisy.

I'm waiting for the usual shit:

He's a token black
He's an Uncle Tom
He's not an authentic Afro-American
He's not a Democrat, thus not down for the struggle

It never fails you hypocrites.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back