Herman: Seattle cop reminded officers to respect the Bill of Rights and now his bosses want him fired

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Port of Seattle Police Officer and Special Forces Veteran Greg Anderson made an inspirational video reminding police officers they do not have unlimited powers.

“I have seen officers around the country enforcing tyrannical orders; I was hoping it was a minority of officers, anymore, I am not so sure …” began Officer Anderson’s video. “We do not get to violate someone’s Constitutional Rights …”

Officer Anderson is now on administrative leave, meaning, he will probably be fired. There is a GoFundMe to support Officer Anderson’s retention of a lawyer, you can give money right here.

Meanwhile, in Seattle, Kshama Sawant is spending taxpayer money to tell Amazon employees to use militant tactics to take over the company. She used her official position to tell people to steal rent from the people who own their buildings.

Damn our freedom anyway

What's this "seize the means of production" garbage?

Amazon actually does not produce anything, so yeah..:wtf:

Man, the geniuses the public school system has turned out lately...wow! :eek:

This is an elected official, people. Hely derp-a-moly! :ack-1:

Port of Seattle Police Officer and Special Forces Veteran Greg Anderson made an inspirational video reminding police officers they do not have unlimited powers.

“I have seen officers around the country enforcing tyrannical orders; I was hoping it was a minority of officers, anymore, I am not so sure …” began Officer Anderson’s video. “We do not get to violate someone’s Constitutional Rights …”

Officer Anderson is now on administrative leave, meaning, he will probably be fired. There is a GoFundMe to support Officer Anderson’s retention of a lawyer, you can give money right here.

Meanwhile, in Seattle, Kshama Sawant is spending taxpayer money to tell Amazon employees to use militant tactics to take over the company. She used her official position to tell people to steal rent from the people who own their buildings.

Damn our freedom anyway

You're an officer of the LAW. That means you enforce the LAW. Not your own beliefs. But once again, a post on social media is what I'm sure bugs the Port of Seattle. Yes, you have the right of free speech in this country. But your employer also has the right to fire your ass for that free speech if it conflicts with or makes the organization look bad in a PR light. If he feels this strongly about it, he should quit his job and join a militia. Otherwise, you don't get to make the rules that you are supposed to enforce.

The Peoples Republic of Seattle have been trying to do end runs around the Washington state constitution for years trying to tax large companies. They have succeeded in pushing many companies out of Seattle. The officer is correct in you cannot violate the rights of citizens when enforcing laws.

Damn our freedom anyway

You're an officer of the LAW. That means you enforce the LAW. Not your own beliefs. But once again, a post on social media is what I'm sure bugs the Port of Seattle. Yes, you have the right of free speech in this country. But your employer also has the right to fire your ass for that free speech if it conflicts with or makes the organization look bad in a PR light. If he feels this strongly about it, he should quit his job and join a militia. Otherwise, you don't get to make the rules that you are supposed to enforce.

The officer was right, law cannot supersede Constitutional Rights. That said his superiors can fire him for speaking out but they will put themselves in a bad light, not that anyone with power in Seattle care if they look bad. Also, the officer did not tell anyone to break laws or not carry out the laws. He was reminding people in authority also have a responsibility to uphold the Constitution.

There is the law...and then there is the LAW! Only one law is supreme and above all other and
it's not the "law" that forces old people to move their autos from a church parking lot or forbids sitting on the beach in a lawn chair. This cop does not make the law that is in the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution.

I'm glad someone is keeping an eye on the petty cops that are using this Covid virus as an excuse to push
people around and brainlessly enforce temporary extra legal "laws" that rob people of their right to earn a living and feed themselves and their families.

This is your second post where you go to bat for the Chinese government. You are undoubtedly a piece of shit.

Damn our freedom anyway

A virus does not abrogate the Constitution and a stay at home order isn't a "law". You're a real "bright" one.

Forum List

Back