Herman Cains plan? 9-9-9 For those that hate it

Simple question...how will Herman Cain do financially under 9-9-9?

Elaborate? School me....................

What's to elaborate? It's another thoughtless bumper-sticker slogan.

Hardly. You and your ilk are however whats wrong with our system. No discussion, no rebuttle just hate and talking points.

You got no response because your incapable of explaining why it cant work. You got the bumper sticker, nothing more.

Im willing to listen to legitimate arguments and you offer insults

FAIL

So you're gonna tell me... Wait, let me poise for this shit...

You're gonna tell me that you believe a guy, who has a background in retail, has really done extensive, honest research and determined that the exact correct answer is to cast aside 100+ years of tax law and replace it with "9-9-9?"

Really, is that what you think? Occums razor, doesn't it seem much more likely that it's just a 'brand,' designed to get people's attention?

I could pick apart the individual problems with this proposal, eg it would be the most regressive tax in history; It wouldn't raise enough revenue; He has not the slightest fucking clue how he would even begin to implement it... et al, et al.. But what's the point?

It's a joke!

And it will never, EVER happen! Even if he somehow wins the nomination and beats Obama, mark my words, you will NEVER see anything approaching this '9-9-9.' In fact, one of his first priorities as POTUS will be to figure out how he can RUN AWAY from the fact that he ever proposed something so patently ridiculous!

Hardly. You and your ilk are however whats wrong with our system. No discussion, no rebuttle just hate and talking points.

You got no response because your incapable of explaining why it cant work. You got the bumper sticker, nothing more.

Im willing to listen to legitimate arguments and you offer insults

FAIL

How many Americans pay no income tax now? Will 9-9-9 stop that?

To my knowledge in its current form everyone would pay. That needs to be reworked to protect the truely poor from further poverty and hardships

So if GOP rhetoric about 47% not paying any federal income taxes is true, this would be a tax hike then right?

From something I posted earlier today on another thread:
====================================

The less money a family/individual makes, the higher the tax burden, thanks to the 9% Sales Tax. More and more Middle Class families/individuals are living check-to-check, thanks to flat wages that haven't kept up with inflation for the last three decades. Much of their expendable goes to necessities and many of those necessities would be taxable under Cain's tax plan.
According to the Department of Labor, a "typical average family" uses over 12% of their income for food. Now for simplicity, let's say their household income is the national average of $50,000. So, this family spends $6,000 on food in a year. With the 9% Sales Tax, they'll pay $540 in taxes on their food, that's a little over 1% of their income or now a total tax rate of 10%. A family whose household income of $250,000 also spends $6,000 for food and also pays out an extra $540 in taxes. That translates into .002% of their income, or now a total tax rate of 9.002% That purchase of a basic necessity translated into a full 1% increase in the Middle Class's tax rate. But the wealthy family who is five times richer realized a .002% increase in their tax rate. Equality?
Now typically a family making $250,000 probably spends more on food than the family making $50,000. But to equal the sales tax's effect on their income, the wealthier family would have to spend the unrealistic total of $30,000 on food annually. Unless everyone in the family weighs 400 pounds, that's a whole lot of food.
The wealthy come no where near the spending totals of the Middle Class, when comes to spending as a percentage of their expendable income. Necessities spending makes up a higher percentage of a Middle Classes expendable income than it does for the wealthy.
========================================

And that is what I don't like about 9-9-9! THe Middle Class's total tax rate would be higher than the uber-wealthy's. We actually have Middle Class righties still defending the wealthy, calling on Main Street America to buy cheaper foods,,,like frozen dinners! Yum? And that's healthy? Next, the Middle Class will be asked to eat out of garbage cans!

Last edited:
The plan would provide stability lower taxes for the job producers c-corps, small business owners and s-corps. The incentive to go over seas would one. WE WILL SEE ABOOM IN THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR! I guarantee unemployment drops into the 3s during after Cain's 2nd year in office.

The loophole closure does allow corps to post billions in profits and pay $0. Yes I mean you Obama's economic czar GE!

The middle class like me will see a GINORMOUS tax break. Even lowest income level is better since they no longer have payroll tax to pay.

This economic plan along with drill baby drill will put the US economy back on top!

Nice misrepresentation! The middle classes tax burden would significantly reduce! Does matter at all to u that this plan would create an economic boom? Or that it's really a ore precursor to the fair tax?

The less money a family/individual makes, the higher the tax burden, thanks to the 9% Sales Tax. More and more Middle Class families/individuals are living check-to-check, thanks to flat wades that haven't kept up with inflation for the last three decades. Much of their expendable goes to necessities and many of those necessities would be taxable under Cain's tax plan.
According to the Department of Labor, a "typical average family" uses over 12% of their income for food. Now for simplicity, let's say their household income is the national average of $50,000. So, this family spends $6,000 on food in a year. With the 9% Sales Tax, they'll pay $540 in taxes on their food, that's a little over 1% of their income or now a total tax rate of 10%. A family whose household income of $250,000 also spends $6,000 for food and also pays out an extra $540 in taxes. That translates into .002% of their income, or now a total tax rate of 9.002% That purchase of a basic necessity translated into a almost a full 1% increase in the Middle Class's tax rate. But the wealthy family who is five times richer realized a .002% increase in their tax rate. Equality?
Now typically a family making $250,000 probably spends more on food than the family making $50,000. But to equal the sales tax's effect on their income, the wealthier family would have to spend the unrealistic total of $30,000 on food annually. Unless everyone in the family weighs 400 pounds, that's a whole lot of food.
The wealthy come no where near the spending totals of the Middle Class, when comes to spending as a percentage of their expendable income. Necessities spending makes up a higher percentage of a Middle Classes expendable income than it does for the wealthy.

And that is what I don't like about 9-9-9! THe Middle Class's total tax rate would be higher than the uber-wealthy's. We actually have Middle Class righties still defending the wealthy, calling on Main Street America to buy cheaper foods,,,like frozen dinners! Yum? And that's healthy? Next, the Middle Class will be asked to eat out of garbage cans!

Nice misrepresentation! The middle classes tax burden would significantly reduce! Does matter at all to u that this plan would create an economic boom? Or that it's really a ore precursor to the fair tax?

The less money a family/individual makes, the higher the tax burden, thanks to the 9% Sales Tax. More and more Middle Class families/individuals are living check-to-check, thanks to flat wades that haven't kept up with inflation for the last three decades. Much of their expendable goes to necessities and many of those necessities would be taxable under Cain's tax plan.
According to the Department of Labor, a "typical average family" uses over 12% of their income for food. Now for simplicity, let's say their household income is the national average of $50,000. So, this family spends $6,000 on food in a year. With the 9% Sales Tax, they'll pay $540 in taxes on their food, that's a little over 1% of their income or now a total tax rate of 10%. A family whose household income of $250,000 also spends $6,000 for food and also pays out an extra $540 in taxes. That translates into .002% of their income, or now a total tax rate of 9.002% That purchase of a basic necessity translated into a almost a full 1% increase in the Middle Class's tax rate. But the wealthy family who is five times richer realized a .002% increase in their tax rate. Equality?

Do you want to point out to me what I misrepresented? I'll wait.
I simply posted what economists are saying but I'm posting it in layman's terms..

Last edited:
Cain is "virtually" correct.

Now real world economists see a problem here. So as long as we stay "virtual" we'll be all right.

You guys are really into the cartoons and video games. It's time to grow a set and show you can have some independent thought without being led like the sheep you are.

Being good or fair does not require complication. Being deceitful does.

oreo-cookie.jpg

5 pages and still no coherent dissent from the left beyond its too simple and can't work. You guys are lookin pretty sad.

Form a real argument and hit me with it.

5 pages and still no coherent dissent from the left beyond its too simple and can't work. You guys are lookin pretty sad.

Form a real argument and hit me with it.

:Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh:

it would be the most regressive tax in history; It wouldn't raise enough revenue; He has not the slightest fucking clue how he would even begin to implement it... et al, et al..

But I'm telling you, it would be much more productive to show you that it's a pathetic, gimmicky joke that's not really worthy of debate.

Forum List

Back