Herman Cain's First Polling Since News of Accusations Broke

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Georgia businessman Herman Cain, who continues to battle past allegations of sexual harassment, draws the most support nationally for the Republican nomination.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely GOP Primary voters shows Cain with 26% of the vote over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s 23%. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich draws 14% support, with no other GOP contender reaching double-digits. Thirteen percent (13%) of GOP voters are undecided at this time. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

It seems that most americans who care about the republican race have not had their opinion of Cain affected by the media flurry.

If they liked him they still like him, if they didn't like him they still don't like him.

I was listening to Special Report earlier, while sweating on the elipitcal machine at the gym. They did a comparison of news stories ( ABC / CBS / NBC ) between this controversy with Cain and the three Clinton was in. The difference is astounding. A few each for Clinton ... double digits for Cain.

Politico was mentioned as well ... running with story after story after story. Hell, my inbox is overwhelmed with POLITICO Breaking News emails. Here is the latest ....

POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
POLITICO has learned new details making clear there were urgent discussions at top levels of the National Restaurant Association regarding an alleged unwanted sexual advance by Herman Cain toward a female employee.

The details put the woman's account even more sharply at odds with Cain's emphatic insistence this week that nothing inappropriate happened between the two.

The woman in question told two people directly at the time that Cain made a sexual overture to her at one of the group's events, according to the sources familiar with the incident. The accusation was also later brought to the attention of another board member as well as the restaurant association's general counsel Peter Kilgore.

For more information... Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com

Last edited:

Georgia businessman Herman Cain, who continues to battle past allegations of sexual harassment, draws the most support nationally for the Republican nomination.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely GOP Primary voters shows Cain with 26% of the vote over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s 23%. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich draws 14% support, with no other GOP contender reaching double-digits. Thirteen percent (13%) of GOP voters are undecided at this time. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

It seems that most americans who care about the republican race have not had their opinion of Cain affected by the media flurry.

If they liked him they still like him, if they didn't like him they still don't like him.

Let's see what the polls look like in a week or two. This might be a case of slow bleed.

By the by ... I saw the latest poll as well. He's ( Cain ) holding the lead and Newt has inched his way up into third place. Hmmmmm ... very interesting.

That's going to change. He's handling this in the worst possible way.

You can hear me on a podcast for The Jim and Margerie show from monday saying I expect cain to drop 5-10% by this upcoming monday.....to be honest I was surprised his support remained unchanged.

I figure he'd have a dip, the hype and fluff would die down, and he would trickle back up....i thought Newt and Perry would pick up what he loses in the polls, more newt than perry.

By the by ... I saw the latest poll as well. He's ( Cain ) holding the lead and Newt has inched his way up into third place. Hmmmmm ... very interesting.

I like newt.

In 2008 I was here saying "Recruit the Newt" and being roundly ignored/laughed at about it :redface:
Newt is definitely the Elder Statesman in the room at each debate.

He really captured my imagination with his thoughts on the FED and berneke...and other unsavory characters in government that SHOULD be put in jail...I highly support the notion...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-KL7UnC8vA]Newt Gingrich Slams The Fed [Bloomberg News GOP Debate - 10/11/11] - YouTube[/ame]

What I want to know is, there's this guy out there claiming that he was a witness to it. He saw it happen.

Why doesn't he tell us what "it" is.........

Mainstream medias are liberal liars, nobody believe them, their stupid acquisitions against Cain are only gratis ads for him.

Mainstream medias are liberal liars, nobody believe them, their stupid acquisitions against Cain are only gratis ads for him.
Fodder for him...bimbo eruptions are passe...they died with Clinton.

Most Americans with a functioning brain just remember the Clarence Thomas bullshit. The left wing should have been a little more creative. :lol:

Forum List

Back