Herman Cain wins Western Conservative Summit Straw Poll!

MikeFrank

Jul 3, 2011
Presidential candidate Herman Cain won the straw poll at the Western Conservative Summit in Denver this weekend with 48 percent of the votes, followed by Texas Governor Rick Perry.

“How about spectacular,” Cain said to ABC News when asked how he felt about winning. “I would say that winning the straw poll is not bad for somebody who has a 48 percent name ID and with a lot of people who didn’t really give me a chance. I am doing as well as I’m doing for one simple reason. My message is resonating with the people. Secondly, my approach to problem solving, so I guess there’s two reasons, is resonating with the people, so that does make us feel really really excited.”

More : Herman Cain wins Western Conservative Summit Straw Poll!

I really like him. There is an honesty, a truth about this man that I can breathe with. That I feel comfortable with.

Truly he interests me more than any of the other players at this time because he is so starkley "just him".

AND not to negate any other players. I think we have an astounding field from Romney to Bachmann to Pawlenty to Palin possibly. And all others. I don't want to leave anyone out.

We really are blessed with this amazing crew of truly talented individuals.

This is going to be awesome if we all participate and get things cranked for conservatives.

I just wanted to add, last time round didn't it feel like everyone just felt that they had to give it up to McCain for being a senator for decades, a war hero and losing to GW?

Like we threw him up there because he "deserved" his chance to run? Big whoopsies, look who you got, lol.

I like him better than any of the others, but he does have some serious baggage when it comes to religious bigotry.

Presidential candidate Herman Cain won the straw poll at the Western Conservative Summit in Denver this weekend with 48 percent of the votes, followed by Texas Governor Rick Perry.

“How about spectacular,” Cain said to ABC News when asked how he felt about winning. “I would say that winning the straw poll is not bad for somebody who has a 48 percent name ID and with a lot of people who didn’t really give me a chance. I am doing as well as I’m doing for one simple reason. My message is resonating with the people. Secondly, my approach to problem solving, so I guess there’s two reasons, is resonating with the people, so that does make us feel really really excited.”

Nice, very nice.

Do you know how THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH is doing for the democrats?

Although I admire many of the things that Herman Cain stands for, and respect his stand on many issues, he is not the one who will win the GOP nod when it comes time to shake noggins up and down for a candidate to run against Obama. I think the thing that will hurt him the most is most of his speeches sounds too much like a Martin Luther King rally.

And this matters because? Cain has less than zero chance of getting the nomination.

This makes me sad. Why? Because we aren't supposed to be out there picking winners in a horse race at this point in time.

Cain may not be the winner of the Presidency nomination race, but he has so much to add to the discussion and to the policies of what a future President may put forward.

I'd like to hear from decent Dems (and yes I really do believe there are still some out there) as well.

I'm so tired of the lunatics on the hill who wield their power to such a degree you can get away with "WE MUST PASS THE BILL TO KNOW WHAT'S IN IT".

Give me a break.

I like him better than any of the others, but he does have some serious baggage when it comes to religious bigotry.

He stands agains sharia. I do as well. I am no bigot. I have many moderate muslim friends and beyond that I campaign heavily against shariah with muslim women.

I can give you a quizzillion links. I fight this suppression of muslim women daily. It is not bigotry.

We advance human rights against a horrid religious system that demeans, demotes and terrorizes the women in their communities.

Herman Cain is no bigot. He does recognize that sharia is an abomination against women and children.

I like Herman Cain--one of the tea party favorites. Just don't know how the left is going to spin tea party members voting in straw polls for a black man while referring to them as a bunch of "racists" at the same time--:lol:

We advance human rights against a horrid religious system that demeans, demotes and terrorizes the women in their communities.

And you’re not a bigot.

Right…

The fact that Cain states as president he would violate the law and the Constitution doesn’t bother you, however.

Herman Cain wins Western Conservative Summit Straw Poll!

Memphis Wildcats win AAU boys basketball title

thumbsup.gif

Herman Cain is my top choice. I liked him the first time I saw him give a speech. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Republican nomination. He's too much of an "outsider", even though his cander and eloquence and business successes make him the most qualified candidate of them all.

Forum List

Back