Herman Cain Warns China Is Seeking ‘Nuclear Capability’

mushroomcain-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Benjy Sarlin-November 1, 2011

Herman Cain may have some surprises at his first national security briefings should he win the presidency.

In an interview with PBS, Cain appears to suggest that Americans should consider China dangerous in part because they’re pursuing “nuclear capability.” In fact, China tested its first nuclear device in 1964 and has had a stockpile of warheads for decades.

They’ve indicated that they’re trying to develop nuclear capability

More: Herman Cain Warns China Is Seeking ‘Nuclear Capability’ | Election 2012

Dear God, one would hope that he got his nations confused, but it would be hard to understand how one can confuse China with say Iran.

mushroomcain-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Benjy Sarlin-November 1, 2011

Herman Cain may have some surprises at his first national security briefings should he win the presidency.

In an interview with PBS, Cain appears to suggest that Americans should consider China dangerous in part because they’re pursuing “nuclear capability.” In fact, China tested its first nuclear device in 1964 and has had a stockpile of warheads for decades.

They’ve indicated that they’re trying to develop nuclear capability
More: Herman Cain Warns China Is Seeking ‘Nuclear Capability’ | Election 2012

Dear God, one would hope that he got his nations confused, but it would be hard to understand how one can confuse China with say Iran.

iran is pretty close to pistachio harvesting capability.

Frankly, if one were to look into Cains background they would see that he worked in the Department of the Navy. That being said, if his intention was to say something like " China is intent on developing a nuclear capable Navy" or perhaps " China is developing it's nuclear capability", then it would make a lot more sense. However, the wording is more along the lines of a non-nuclear nation seeking to develop a nuclear capability and one would hope Cain would know that. If he does not then one can put that in the numerous number of things that call into question the mans ability to run this nation not the least of which is a seeming inability to comport himself properly in public.

Frankly, if one were to look into Cains background they would see that he worked in the Department of the Navy. That being said, if his intention was to say something like " China is intent on developing a nuclear capable Navy" or perhaps " China is developing it's nuclear capability", then it would make a lot more sense. However, the wording is more along the lines of a non-nuclear nation seeking to develop a nuclear capability and one would hope Cain would know that. If he does not then one can put that in the numerous number of things that call into question the mans ability to run this nation not the least of which is a seeming inability to comport himself properly in public.

How would this make sense? Starting shit with China makes absolutely no sense. Bush tried to do it.

China is a huge country and they have lots of political influence around the world. Would it make sense for China to, let's say, tell us to give up our nukes?

Can you imagine what would happen?

How would this make sense? Starting shit with China makes absolutely no sense. Bush tried to do it.

China is a huge country and they have lots of political influence around the world. Would it make sense for China to, let's say, tell us to give up our nukes?

Can you imagine what would happen?

Again, it shows a total lack of understanding of the world, it's easy for some candidates to poiint a finger of blame at the citizens of this nation, i.e. Social Security, Medicare, Vets, Disabled, and make plans to do things about it, but if you apply that logic to a nation that just so happens to have a WHOLE lot of your debt in it's hands is simply dumb. I would suggest that Mr. Cain pick up a history book and read it or dare I say travel to China. Then he might see, the best approach is to promote our nation rather than worry about others.

Cain is absolutely the dumbest candidate that I've ever seen, of either party, in my lifetime. He is spooky dumb!

It would be hilarious...if this was an Eddie Murphy movie.

For some reason that simply eludes me (if for no other reason than it's so widespread), grass roots conservatives have asolutely been falling in love with candidates (like Palin, Bachmann, Cain, and to a lesser extent, Perry) who are simply woefully ignorant on the issues. This never would have happened 20+ years ago.

Cain is absolutely the dumbest candidate that I've ever seen, of either party, in my lifetime. He is spooky dumb!

For some reason that simply eludes me (if for no other reason than it's so widespread), grass roots conservatives have asolutely been falling in love with candidates (like Palin, Bachmann, Cain, and to a lesser extent, Perry) who are simply woefully ignorant on the issues. This never would have happened 20+ years ago.

It's the "plain speaking" "simple" approach to everything. Being dumb as a bug seems to just whiz by them.

It's the "plain speaking" "simple" approach to everything. Being dumb as a bug seems to just whiz by them.
Yup. Folks who get a MS in CS (when that meant something) from Purdue University can't have any brains.

Forum List

Back