Herman Cain Warns China Is Seeking ‘Nuclear Capability’

I heard they are thinking about building some sort of big wall to keep the Mongols out too. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... it's supposed to be a secret ;)

The guy was fucking around with ballistics in the Navy after China already had nukes

Nuclear Capability means as in attacking the U.S. with nukes, hence the aircraft carrier sentence after. Which is true, China is constructing their Army to defeat ours or atleast trying to give off that perception.

You guys are boring.

That's not what "nuclear capability" means, with or without Cain's remark about aircraft carriers. And anyway, China does seem to have the ability to strike the US mainland with nuclear weapons:
People's Republic of China and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are other ways the campaign can try to parse Cain's words. I had thought Cain's campaign could try to suggest that Cain's claim that China was trying to "develop nuclear capability" meant that China was trying to give other states (IE, North Korea) nuclear capability. They probably have other messaging problems to deal with, though.

No and China has nukes but they do not have the capability to be effective against the US.
They would be detected and blown up...

I'm not even going to get into this, I still think I'm correct but it's vague enough where I can't prove it. That's why they are building aircraft carriers, and submarines that we can't detect until they are so close that when they launch the nuke it would render our defenses useless.

And North Korea already has nukes... you're lame.

I never said China was helping North Korea develop a nuclear capability, I merely suggested that that was more plausible than a plain reading of Cain's words. There are reasons other than North Korea's existing nuclear capability for China not to be assisting them (perhaps most importantly, China doesn't want to become a target for North Korea).

More importantly, I simply cannot believe your claim that the US has the capability to stop a nuclear attack from China. Even planned missile defense programs (as opposed to what we actually have in place today) don't seem capable in theory of thwarting a multi-missile attack: National missile defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. If China wanted to detonate a nuclear weapon on US soil I'm confident that they could.

"Whatever he meant or understood, we don't need another neo-con anywhere near the White House. Why provoke China? His remarks are myopic at best and suggest a naiveity inconsistent with an understanding of international relations."

Cain's reaction to recent criticisms suggest diplomacy is an art he has yet to master. We have enough enemies in the world and comments by national leaders or those who want to lead which do nothing to make our supposed or real enemies closer.

Biggest gaffe since Palin confused North Korea and South Korea

Never mind that just last week it came out that China is converting all their nuclear launch sites to underground in order to eliminate others' first strike advantage over them.

;)

I love watching the hysterics over gaffs, though.

Never mind that just last week it came out that China is converting all their nuclear launch sites to underground in order to eliminate others' first strike advantage over them.

;)

How do you know why China is converting all launch sites to the underground? Did the Chinese Government have a press conference?

Why would China plan to destroy its largest market? Hell, simply destroying every Wal-Mart would put their economy in a tailspin. I suspect China is more worried about the neo-cons getting power here and decided they better prepare. The anti-Communist rhetoric among the idiot fringe on the right is enough to raise concern. Fools running for office say the stupidest things (watch the Republican debates; they are scary-hilarious).

;)

How do you know why China is converting all launch sites to the underground? Did the Chinese Government have a press conference?

You know they didn't.

We have an intel community and they keep eyes on China.

And, sometimes, that info makes it to the public.

.... Why would China plan to destroy its largest market? Hell, simply destroying every Wal-Mart would put their economy in a tailspin. I suspect China is more worried about the neo-cons getting power here and decided they better prepare. The anti-Communist rhetoric among the idiot fringe on the right is enough to raise concern. Fools running for office say the stupidest things (watch the Republican debates; they are scary-hilarious).
No, China is doing this to prevent first strike effectiveness on them. Meaning, any first strike from other nuclear-weapons nations would not destroy their capability to strike back.

Thus giving China a huge nuclear advantage over other nuclear-weapons nations.

I guess detente isn't satisfactory to them. I wonder why?

Last edited:

;)

You know they didn't.

.... Why would China plan to destroy its largest market? Hell, simply destroying every Wal-Mart would put their economy in a tailspin. I suspect China is more worried about the neo-cons getting power here and decided they better prepare. The anti-Communist rhetoric among the idiot fringe on the right is enough to raise concern. Fools running for office say the stupidest things (watch the Republican debates; they are scary-hilarious).
No, China is doing this to prevent first strike effectiveness on them. Meaning, any first strike from other nuclear-weapons nations would not destroy their capability to strike back.

Forgive me, but this 'sounds' like a Military Industrial Complex ploy. 'They' know that the mood of the country puts future Arms bills in jeopardy. I know, I'm a bit cynical, but why wouldn't China protect their nuclear weapons - don't we?

If the retired generals begin to appear on Fox and play the fear card I'll not be surprised. And if the neo-cons in Congress start pushing for funding more and newer nuclear weapons, more secure bunkers and a new iteration of Star Wars I won't fall of my chair.

You know they didn't.

Forgive me, but this 'sounds' like a Military Industrial Complex ploy. 'They' know that the mood of the country puts future Arms bills in jeopardy. I know, I'm a bit cynical, but why wouldn't China protect their nuclear weapons - don't we?

If the retired generals begin to appear on Fox and play the fear card I'll not be surprised. And if the neo-cons in Congress start pushing for funding more and newer nuclear weapons, more secure bunkers and a new iteration of Star Wars I won't fall of my chair.
Yes, we do protect them but not all of them.

China is protecting ALL of theirs, eliminating any first strike effectiveness.

Detente is not good enough for them. I wonder why.

In an interview Herman Cain said China is trying to develop nuclear weapons and might be a threat in the future. China developed nukes in the mid 1960's. There should be some kind of minimum qualification when a person even has a remote chance to be president of our republic. 'Course he's still smarter than a person who can see Russia from her back yard. LMAO!

Flavor of the Month. Who's Next? New candidate, same as the old candidate! :cool:

No doubt... They'll Get Fooled Again! Gotta tip your hat to them!

Forum List

Back