Herman Cain Warns China Is Seeking ‘Nuclear Capability’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
mushroomcain-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Benjy Sarlin-November 1, 2011

Herman Cain may have some surprises at his first national security briefings should he win the presidency.

In an interview with PBS, Cain appears to suggest that Americans should consider China dangerous in part because they’re pursuing “nuclear capability.” In fact, China tested its first nuclear device in 1964 and has had a stockpile of warheads for decades.

They’ve indicated that they’re trying to develop nuclear capability

More: Herman Cain Warns China Is Seeking ‘Nuclear Capability’ | Election 2012

Cain is absolutely the dumbest candidate that I've ever seen, of either party, in my lifetime. He is spooky dumb!

That is a pretty big gaffe, on the order of Ford's statement about Soviet domination of Eastern Europe. Control of the US nuclear arsenal is perhaps the ultimate power of an American president, and it's very surprising that someone seriously seeking the office could be this ignorant of the history of nuclear weapons.

Boo also to the interviewer, who didn't catch this.

:doubt: Please.... Lets parse some words shall we? His comments sounded pretty good to me. I'm sure Obama knows we don't have "57 states" but he misspoke this is pretty weak hardly worth starting a thread over

The guy was fucking around with ballistics in the Navy after China already had nukes

Nuclear Capability means as in attacking the U.S. with nukes, hence the aircraft carrier sentence after. Which is true, China is constructing their Army to defeat ours or atleast trying to give off that perception.

You guys are boring.

The guy was fucking around with ballistics in the Navy after China already had nukes

Nuclear Capability means as in attacking the U.S. with nukes, hence the aircraft carrier sentence after. Which is true, China is constructing their Army to defeat ours or atleast trying to give off that perception.

You guys are boring.

That's not what "nuclear capability" means, with or without Cain's remark about aircraft carriers. And anyway, China does seem to have the ability to strike the US mainland with nuclear weapons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Republic_of_China_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

There are other ways the campaign can try to parse Cain's words. I had thought Cain's campaign could try to suggest that Cain's claim that China was trying to "develop nuclear capability" meant that China was trying to give other states (IE, North Korea) nuclear capability. They probably have other messaging problems to deal with, though.

Last edited:
Herman Cain is one hell of a lot brighter then Lakhota who is always trying to make something of nothing. ~rolleyes~ childish thread (again).

You guys are boring.

That's the best spin I've heard all night. I guess that means China doesn't have ICBMs...

You guys are boring.

That's not what "nuclear capability" means, with or without Cain's remark about aircraft carriers. And anyway, China does seem to have the ability to strike the US mainland with nuclear weapons:
People's Republic of China and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are other ways the campaign can try to parse Cain's words. I had thought Cain's campaign could try to suggest that Cain's claim that China was trying to "develop nuclear capability" meant that China was trying to give other states (IE, North Korea) nuclear capability. They probably have other messaging problems to deal with, though.

No and China has nukes but they do not have the capability to be effective against the US.
They would be detected and blown up...

I'm not even going to get into this, I still think I'm correct but it's vague enough where I can't prove it. That's why they are building aircraft carriers, and submarines that we can't detect until they are so close that when they launch the nuke it would render our defenses useless.

And North Korea already has nukes... you're lame.

they don't come much dumber than herman cain

He only has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and ONLY a Masters Degree in Computer Science.

Holy shit. What a dumb fuck eh compared to all the liberal brainiacs on the board.

Man what an idiot!!!!!!!

You libs are such racist asswipes.

:lol:

mushroomcain-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Benjy Sarlin-November 1, 2011

Herman Cain may have some surprises at his first national security briefings should he win the presidency.

In an interview with PBS, Cain appears to suggest that Americans should consider China dangerous in part because they’re pursuing “nuclear capability.” In fact, China tested its first nuclear device in 1964 and has had a stockpile of warheads for decades.

They’ve indicated that they’re trying to develop nuclear capability

More: Herman Cain Warns China Is Seeking ‘Nuclear Capability’ | Election 2012

As much as I can't stand Cain, I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the nuclear thing. What I find funny is that he believes we can outgrow China economically. For the short term I'm sure that we can and will. China is going to go through some real growing pains, but the fact remains that they have 1 billion more people than we do. Once they figure out how to effectively move from a manufacturing society that manufactures mostly for other countries to one that also manufactures goods for it's own people, their economy will eventually surpass our own.

You guys are boring.

That's the best spin I've heard all night. I guess that means China doesn't have ICBMs...

The absurd lengths people will go through to support their candidate is unbelievable isn't it?

Forum List

Back