Herman Cain using campaign donations for his personal business

the people who are still supporting the right in this year have no morals.

They will back anything as long as they see it as benifiting their historically failed ideas.

They cheered the distruction of the world economy along with wars built on lies and then blame they guy hired to clean up their mess for the mess.

They will never see the world as it is.

As Sunlight Foundation’s Bill Allison told us, and Bloomberg, the fact that Cain’s campaign is buying books from his for-profit company could be a problem.

“It raises the question of his campaign contributions ending up in his own pocket,” Allison said.

Cain Explains The Cash Spent On Books: I’m Trying To Tell My Life Story | Election 2012

Cain = Palin in pants.

*Clears throat*

The Audacity of Hope
Dreams of My Father

Ring any bells with you?
Was Obama using campaign donations to buy his book?

No, he wasn't.

So your comparison is beyond lame.

Better yet, Obama is still on his bus tour "promoting the jobs bill" on my dime. Even his wife calls it campaigning.

It's not OK with me that Obama uses my money and that of others who don't support him for a second term.

But he does.

Irrespective of that, candidates can use campaign funds to pay for promotional items, and Cain did. There is no law that prohibits that.

Deflect, derail and obscure.

All good tactics.
Yep. That's what they do. Not one criticism of Cain's actions, big surprise.

Better yet, Obama is still on his bus tour "promoting the jobs bill" on my dime. Even his wife calls it campaigning.

It's not OK with me that Obama uses my money and that of others who don't support him for a second term.

But he does.

Irrespective of that, candidates can use campaign funds to pay for promotional items, and Cain did. There is no law that prohibits that.

All good tactics.
Yep. That's what they do. Not one criticism of Cain's actions, big surprise.
OK, I'll criticize him: He didn't break the rules! How dare he!

But he does.

All good tactics.
And, what am I deflecting from?

No evidence of anything? Ie, nothing?

OK, ya caught me. :lol:

The article itself points out that is unusual for a Presidential Candidate to do this very thing. So of course there's going to be scrunity. In any case, it's my personal opinion, Cain is a flash in the pan. He's the "other" anti-Romney choice Conservatives are testing out before they go for Romney. He would, however, make a very interesting and dangerous VP pick for Romney. Sort of a smarter version of Palin.

But he does.

All good tactics.

Or, more to the point, highlight the logical vacuum of the "story" so breathlessly regurgitated in the OP.

A very good tactic.

Oh please. It was okay with democrats that John Edwards spent campaign contributions on his pregnant whore while his wife was dying!

*Clears throat*

The Audacity of Hope
Dreams of My Father

Ring any bells with you?
Was Obama using campaign donations to buy his book?

No, he wasn't.

So your comparison is beyond lame.

How can we know what Obama used in campaign donations?
He didn't disclose his expenditures like Cain has done.
You still can't get an itemized list of what Obama has spent for this campaign either.
The only thing you can find on Obama's, is that he spent more than he brought in in 2008 and now in 2011.

And Cain has not done anything wrong. You know as soon as his report came out, if it was not legal, the main stream media would have been all over in reporting it.

I don't believe obama used campaign contributions to hand out copies of his books. Nancy Pelosi did, otherwise none of them would have sold.

If Mr. Cain "lent" his own campaign money (more than he has gotten reimbursed), then in what way can it be honestly said that he has done anything wrong in using campaign donations to partially reimburse himself or his company?

And that company promotes Mr. Cain and his political views. So I'm also wondering how this is anything different than an expenditure FOR the very things that campaigns are designed to do?

The OP "story" is bullshit.

If Mr. Cain "lent" his own campaign money (more than he has gotten reimbursed), then in what way can it be honestly said that he has done anything wrong in using campaign donations to partially reimburse himself or his company?

And that company promotes Mr. Cain and his political views. So I'm also wondering how this is anything different than an expenditure FOR the very things that campaigns are designed to do?

The OP "story" is bullshit.

No no no! You don't get it! This is "UNPRECEDENTED!" This "COULD RAISE QUESTIONS!"

What's $675,000 - $100,000? $575,000 more that Cain can literally just shove into his pocket, no need to use any other company (controlled by him or otherwise).

As Sunlight Foundation’s Bill Allison told us, and Bloomberg, the fact that Cain’s campaign is buying books from his for-profit company could be a problem.

“It raises the question of his campaign contributions ending up in his own pocket,” Allison said.

Cain Explains The Cash Spent On Books: I’m Trying To Tell My Life Story | Election 2012

Cain = Palin in pants.

I don't see anything wrong with using campaign money for writing his book (life story)...it sounds to me like it's just another way of campaigning! People are seeing the political side of him every day, but we don't get to see the personal side with it. Using the money for his book could actually be considered "campaigning" because it's telling people what he's like, what his life has been like, and we'll be able to see what kind of person he really is. It's a big plus for him to do this right now...
I know of MANY people that voted for Obama without really know "him", and they're very sorry for it now! I've heard people say if they'd read his books and really looked into his background BEFORE the election, they never would have voted for him~

But he does.

Indeed.

Cain has a tiny staff - and is using materials to get out his message.

But Obama abuses taxpayer money by calling a campaign events "non campaign" ones.

Where's the Left's Outrage?

Cain needs to get funded by people connected to government loan guarantees for a bankrupt Green energy company

the people who are still supporting the right in this year have no morals.

They will back anything as long as they see it as benifiting their historically failed ideas.

They cheered the distruction of the world economy along with wars built on lies and then blame they guy hired to clean up their mess for the mess.

They will never see the world as it is.

Do you consider taking something that does not belong to you, 'theft'?

Forum List

Back