Herman Cain Says Poor People Should Just Buy Used Goods

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Pressed About His Plan To Raise Taxes On Food, Herman Cain Says Poor People Should Just Buy Used Goods

By Marie Diamond

In response to sharp questioning from the moderators and his fellow contenders about the effects of his plan, which would raise taxes on common food items to pay for a massive corporate tax cut, Cain seemed to have settled on a simple solution: the poor should just eat used food and buy used goods.

More: Pressed About His Plan To Raise Taxes On Food, Herman Cain Says Poor People Should Just Buy Used Goods | ThinkProgress

Used food? Wouldn't that be like...shit?

Also, forget about buying anything new with a warranty. If it still works when you get your used junk home - be thankful.

That is what goodwill and Salvation army is all about.

Quite a lot of rich people shop there as well. People on small incomes need to manage their money well, but liberals have an issue with the concept of intelligent money management.

Quite a lot of rich people shop there as well. People on small incomes need to manage their money well, but liberals have an issue with the concept of intelligent money management.
Where do you buy used food?

sewer:eusa_pray:

Pardon me if I quote your signature on this.

"You cannot have a First World Nation with a Third World population."

There is a store that specializes in damaged freight.

The carton has a couple dented cans and the store can get a case for pennies, and they mark it way up, but still half what you pay at regular stores.

Seriously, one doesn't buy flank steak on a rice income.

Pressed About His Plan To Raise Taxes On Food, Herman Cain Says Poor People Should Just Buy Used Goods

By Marie Diamond

In response to sharp questioning from the moderators and his fellow contenders about the effects of his plan, which would raise taxes on common food items to pay for a massive corporate tax cut, Cain seemed to have settled on a simple solution: the poor should just eat used food and buy used goods.

More: Pressed About His Plan To Raise Taxes On Food, Herman Cain Says Poor People Should Just Buy Used Goods | ThinkProgress

Also, forget about buying anything new with a warranty. If it still works when you get your used junk home - be thankful.

Used food? That's ridiculous. We do buy damaged packages. You can get half off on cereal when a box is damaged, like somehwhat crushed .

My wife and I are not poor and we look for good used stuff in garage and yard sales and GoodWill. It's smart to look for bargains. A family can raise their standard of living by doing that. Most of the books we buy are used.

Last edited:
the poor should just eat used food and buy used goods

I repeat, from the OP, Herman said "used food" - not dented cans or expired shelf life - USED. I only know of one way for food to be "used"...

I know what Herman is telling the poor: Eat Shit.

1880_town_outhouse.jpg

The more I see of Herman Cain the more I come to the conclusion that NONE of the center or left side of the republican party will vote for him. Obama is BAD and has a piss poor economy, but if we run Cain...Obama may win close to what he won in 2008. CAIN IS A JOKE!

By Marie Diamond

You have a very Bad Habit of making assumptions about what you think someone meant, and then putting that in your Title.

He didn't say poor people should buy used, He said many poor people for instance do buy their cars used, and Used cars would not be taxed.

buying used goods when you can is always a good thing.

Okay, I'll bite. Where can I buy some used food?

I Can't understand why they would tax Unprepared foods anyways, Just about every state I have ever been in, Their state Sales tax, exempts unprepared foods.

Cain's Plan definitely has it's flaws. However he is right about one thing. Simple is better. Our Current system is a Joke, and I think pretty much everyone agrees with that.

buying used goods when you can is always a good thing.

Okay, I'll bite. Where can I buy some used food?

I Can't understand why they would tax Unprepared foods anyways, Just about every state I have ever been in, Their state Sales tax, exempts unprepared foods.

Cain's Plan definitely has it's flaws. However he is right about one thing. Simple is better. Our Current system is a Joke, and I think pretty much everyone agrees with that.

Sure our current tax system is a joke. It's just the way the H&R Block people want it. However, Cain's plan may sound simple - because it is simple - but it screws the poor and middle class while enriching the rich.

imagesizer

imagesizer

imagesizer

The Last Word - Focus on the millionaire family

Sorry, but whatever Cain means, the point is that the 9-9-9 tax plan is as regressive as it gets, and falls on the working poor and middle class, while lowering the taxes of the wealthy.

There is a store that specializes in damaged freight.

The carton has a couple dented cans and the store can get a case for pennies, and they mark it way up, but still half what you pay at regular stores.

Seriously, one doesn't buy flank steak on a rice income.

The Dollar $tore has seversl food isles and a nice refrige, freezer section. I also recommend Grocery Outlet. Great prices & cheap wine.
You can eat cheap if you're hungry enough:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back