Herman Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
(CNN) – If you're dissatisfied with the economy, or unemployed, Herman Cain thinks you should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal posted Wednesday, the up-and-coming GOP 2012 contender and former CEO of Godfather's Pizza summed up his bewilderment about recent demonstrations on Wall Street.

"Don't blame Wall Street," Cain said. "Don't blame the big banks. If you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself."

The conservative radio talk show host described the protests as "planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration, though he admitted he didn't "have the facts to back this up."

Demonstrators have gathered to protest big banks during the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, but their grievances don't end with the economy. The protesters, mainly youth in their twenties, have addressed issues from police brutality to union busting, although they are also upset with the war in Afghanistan, the environment, and the state of the world in general.

The "Occupy Wall Street" movement has also drawn support from unions.

But for Cain, the demonstrations simply amount to "anti-capitalism."

Allowing the banks had a "big part" in the 2008 economic crisis, the candidate, who's known for his bombast and has been rising in national polls pointed out, "We're in 2011, okay?"

"When I was growing up I was blessed to have had parents. That didn't teach me to be jealous of anybody and didn't teach me to be jealous of somebody," Cain explained.

"It is not a person's fault because they succeeded. It is a person's fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand these demonstrations and what is it that they're looking for."

read more Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Capital Corner: Was Cain Right About Jobless? video Capital Corner: Was Cain Right About Jobless? - MarketWatch Video

Wow and this man is running for president

Last edited:
HES RIGHT!!!!!

No one is guaranteed a great job. We all must work for it. And news flash: Shit happens. Bad luck happens. Sometimes, your idea isn't that good and you fail. Or someone else is, GASP, more talented.

Yes, we are all born in equal worth, but not equal ability. Some are destined to be janitors or ditch diggers. It's just the reality of life.

Someone you graduated high school with is rich right now. 99% of us can say that is true. Well, "Obama Rich", meaning he earns or owns a biz worth 250K.

What did that guy do in HS and after graduation that you didnt?

Either way, 99% of people are where they are because of their own choices.

2011-10-19-IMG_0105.JPG

HES RIGHT!!!!!

No one is guaranteed a great job. We all must work for it. And news flash: Shit happens. Bad luck happens. Sometimes, your idea isn't that good and you fail. Or someone else is, GASP, more talented.

Yes, we are all born in equal worth, but not equal ability. Some are destined to be janitors or ditch diggers. It's just the reality of life.

Someone you graduated high school with is rich right now. 99% of us can say that is true. Well, "Obama Rich", meaning he earns or owns a biz worth 250K.

What did that guy do in HS and after graduation that you didnt?

Either way, 99% of people are where they are because of their own choices.

CAINnanderson.jpg

Right and we are in a dam depression and so many Successful people have lost there business due to it, homes. property etc.

Forum List

Back