Herman Cain Is Running For President!!!

I don't know him. Business background. I like that, but I need more before I'd say one way or another.

The mans been a conservative talk show host for years and is considered one of the main guys to assist in destroying Hillarycare. There is plenty of stuff out there! He often fills in for Neil Bortz when he is out as well.

I posted a link you can read the articles.

Herman Cain - Townhall Conservative

As much as I would like to waste my afternoon reading articles that are at the latest from 2007, I rather see a list of concise and clear views.

From the looks of articles like these:

It's time to go RINO hunting

I don't give much stock into Mr. Cain. Someone who is trying to paint himself as a Conservative who can reach across the aisle doesn't use language like RINOs.

And of course, articles like these:

The truth is alien to the left

I appreciate the link, but no thanks on wasting my time with such babble. His views on positions such as the Death Penalty, War on Drugs, etc would be more helpful.

Of course you don't bert...I fully expected that response.

Oops, he's just gone up a notch on my pole. :eusa_angel:

I don't want to see some 'token black guy' though. I don't vote for anyone on color. However, I would be very happy (un-be-lieveably happy) to vote for him regardless of it.

Anyone who believes they're a "real Conservative" because of their position on being pro-life is clearly showing tendencies of a Social Conservative. We don't need to elect another Social Conservative. I would prefer someone like Gary Johnson.

I am open minded on a conservative candidate. The only conservative I am closed minded to is Sarah Palin.

Whatever. If you could help to provide a list of his political views, I'd be more than happy to read it. However, you shouldn't expect me to take someone seriously who rambles on about the "evul" Liberal media and how about the GOP needs to get rid of RINOs as if they're some disease.

The Left will savage him.. he's a staunch conservative, in all respects, but what they will go berserk over is.... he fills in for Rush occasionally. He will be labeled Satan's Apprentice or something equally juvenile and obnoxious.

Wait for it.. wait for it...

Wouldn't it be nice if that did not happen?

Side note: He is also a cancer survivor>

Well, yes.. but highly unlikely.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2550984-post1.html

We need an economic minded President to get the economy on the right track. We need a guy who knows how to run businesses, big and small. We need a guy that knows business period. We need a number cruncher. Not another community organizer (Obama), failed businessman (Bush) or Career Politician WHO NEVER WORKED ON ANYTHING BUT CAMPAIGNS FORM HIMSELF AND OTHERS (Clinton - Worst President ever)!

Yes, Cain supports some issues I'm at odd with me (abortion and fag marriage - he is against both), but his economic and business success is undeniable and that should matter most to ALL OF US!!!

Look at his accomplishments IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR:
(1) Former president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza for 10 years - Ran a HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL Business
(2) Former president and CEO of the National Restaurant Association (ran a PRIVATE SECTOR Organization to promote and grow an important PRIVATE INDUSTRY)
(3) Former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (A MAN WHO ACTUALLY HAS BANKING EXPERIENCE)
(3) He's been vice president of Burger King (More experience running a large GLOBAL CHAIN)
(4) Vice president of Pillsbury Company (Ditto),
(5) A mathematician for the U.S. Department of the Navy (A HIGHLY Successful business man that knows numbers! Slight different than a failed community organizer)
(6) A business analyst for Coca-Cola (Analyst for one of the largest wholesalers in the world - NICE). .
(7) Author of a Best Seller - "They Think You're Stupid: Why Democrats Lost Your Vote and What Republicans Must Do to Keep It" –
(8) Now president and CEO of The New Voice and host of "The Herman Cain Show"
(9) An associate Baptist minister at Antioch Baptist Church in Atlanta.
He is author of several books, including "They Think You're Stupid."

What Cain Supports:
(1) FAIR TAX FAN!!!
(2) Suspend the Small Business Killing Payroll tax!
(3) Alternative to the Fair Tax is cutting taxes
(4) Cutting Spending
(5) Restructure Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security - Don't add new taxes to attempt to fund them.
(6) Maintain Military and Defense spending at, at least 4% of GDP
(7) Maximize US's natural resources - Drill Baby Drill!!!
(8) Promote Alternative Energy - including nuclear
(9) Get off foreign oil
(10) Be Tough on Illegal Immigration!
(11) Repeal Obamacare
(12) Abortion - Against it (I am at odds with him here)
(13) Fag Marriage - Against it (I am also at odds with him here)

Whatever. If you could help to provide a list of his political views, I'd be more than happy to read it. However, you shouldn't expect me to take someone seriously who rambles on about the "evul" Liberal media and how about the GOP needs to get rid of RINOs as if they're some disease.

Dang bert. First off I am preparing dinner. Second, I have a headache, and thirdly...you can look it up as easily as I can. :doubt:

Oops, he's just gone up a notch on my pole. :eusa_angel:

I don't want to see some 'token black guy' though. I don't vote for anyone on color. However, I would be very happy (un-be-lieveably happy) to vote for him regardless of it.

Anyone who believes they're a "real Conservative" because of their position on being pro-life is clearly showing tendencies of a Social Conservative. We don't need to elect another Social Conservative. I would prefer someone like Gary Johnson.

I am open minded on a conservative candidate. The only conservative I am closed minded to is Sarah Palin.

I love Sarah Palin for who she is and what she stands for! But I agree I have closed the book on her also. I like her current role of making libs bonkers.

Dang bert. First off I am preparing dinner. Second, I have a headache, and thirdly...you can look it up as easily as I can. :doubt:

Well I wasn't saying you had to at this given moment. However, don't act like I'm close minded about the guy. Here I am willing to read his positions and you say "Of course you don't bert...I fully expected that response." I looked online, I couldn't find anything in my brief search and figured those people who say they "like him" could give some insight.

Well I wasn't saying you had to at this given moment. However, don't act like I'm close minded about the guy. Here I am willing to read his positions and you say "Of course you don't bert...I fully expected that response." I looked online, I couldn't find anything in my brief search and figured those people who say they "like him" could give some insight.

Okay...Okay..

As much as I would like to waste my afternoon reading articles that are at the latest from 2007, I rather see a list of concise and clear views.

I don't give much stock into Mr. Cain. Someone who is trying to paint himself as a Conservative who can reach across the aisle doesn't use language like RINOs.

I appreciate the link, but no thanks on wasting my time with such babble. His views on positions such as the Death Penalty, War on Drugs, etc would be more helpful.

that's just like a dishonest shithead, ask a question get an answer complete with a link and then tell her she's wasting your time.. you never disappoint us MORON

is your search fucntion broken like your brain is??

Who are we kidding here?, we already know more about Cain than we do about Obama......

What Cain Supports:
(1) FAIR TAX FAN!!!
(4) Cutting Spending
(5) Restructure Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security - Don't add new taxes to attempt to fund them.
(9) Get off foreign oil
(11) Repeal Obamacare

So when it comes to the Military budget, he won't actually cut it that much. Especially since the Military budget is currently 4.3% of the GDP.

He's against Abortion, Gay Marriage, and you have some "feel good" statements in there. I don't really see anything that sets him away from the rest of the pack except maybe his support for the FAIR tax and his support for the Gold Standard. Though Ron Paul also supports such a position.

As for the FAIR tax, I don't really see what makes it such a great plan that it needs to be implemented.

Money Magazine: Just how fair is the 'FairTax'? - Sep. 7, 2005

Critics claim the FairTax has two major flaws: It wouldn't work in practice and, even if it did, it wouldn't raise enough money. The first problem has to do with the fact that people cheat on their taxes; they do it now, and they'd find ways to do it under a sales tax. With all of the taxes we'd owe being lumped into one big sales tax, lots of people might be tempted to try evading it, with black markets springing up everywhere.

Joel Slemrod of the University of Michigan's Office of Tax Policy Research says that only six countries in the world have tried to collect a sales tax north of 10 percent, and four of them eventually adopted alternatives like a VAT. Consumers might also be unpleasantly surprised by all the things that get taxed: Not just milk at the grocery store, but legal fees, rent on an apartment, even health-care expenses.

The FairTax bill pegs it at 23 percent in order to fund the government at current levels without raising the deficit. (If you think of the FairTax like a state or local sales tax, you'd say that this is a markup of 30 percent on prices at the store. See the chart above.) But economist William Gale of the Brookings Institution says that this number is way, way too low. "They're telling kind of a big lie about tax reform," he says.

Gale calculates that a 23 percent rate would blow a $7 trillion hole in the budget over 10 years, and that a more realistic rate is 31 percent, and higher still if you allow for evasion. And if lobbyists convince lawmakers to exempt things like health care or other necessities -- a real possibility, given the culture of Washington -- the gap looks even bigger.

Overall, I don't think Cain is the right direction for the GOP from the looks of what Ghook has posted. Gary Johnson still seems to be their best bet in terms of best candidate.

that's just like a dishonest shithead, ask a question get an answer complete with a link and then tell her she's wasting your time.. you never disappoint us MORON

Actually, I didn't get the answer complete. I got a link, which I appreciated. Ghook was able to give me an answer.

What Cain Supports:
(1) FAIR TAX FAN!!!
(4) Cutting Spending
(9) Get off foreign oil
(11) Repeal Obamacare

So when it comes to the Military budget, he won't actually cut it that much. Especially since the Military budget is currently 4.3% of the GDP.

He's against Abortion, Gay Marriage, and you have some "feel good" statements in there. I don't really see anything that sets him away from the rest of the pack except maybe his support for the FAIR tax and his support for the Gold Standard. Though Ron Paul also supports such a position.

As for the FAIR tax, I don't really see what makes it such a great plan that it needs to be implemented.

Money Magazine: Just how fair is the 'FairTax'? - Sep. 7, 2005

Critics claim the FairTax has two major flaws: It wouldn't work in practice and, even if it did, it wouldn't raise enough money. The first problem has to do with the fact that people cheat on their taxes; they do it now, and they'd find ways to do it under a sales tax. With all of the taxes we'd owe being lumped into one big sales tax, lots of people might be tempted to try evading it, with black markets springing up everywhere.

The FairTax bill pegs it at 23 percent in order to fund the government at current levels without raising the deficit. (If you think of the FairTax like a state or local sales tax, you'd say that this is a markup of 30 percent on prices at the store. See the chart above.) But economist William Gale of the Brookings Institution says that this number is way, way too low. "They're telling kind of a big lie about tax reform," he says.

Gale calculates that a 23 percent rate would blow a $7 trillion hole in the budget over 10 years, and that a more realistic rate is 31 percent, and higher still if you allow for evasion. And if lobbyists convince lawmakers to exempt things like health care or other necessities -- a real possibility, given the culture of Washington -- the gap looks even bigger.

Overall, I don't think Cain is the right direction for the GOP from the looks of what Ghook has posted. Gary Johnson still seems to be their best bet in terms of best candidate.

It's too frickin bad you democrats don't get to pick Republican candidates,, that's just a no no considering who you've put in office.

It's too frickin bad you democrats don't get to pick Republican candidates,, that's just a no no considering who you've put in office.

Actually, I'm not registered for either party. Who knows, maybe I'll vote in the 2012 GOP primary. :lol:

Hot Off Of Neil Cavuto! Herman Cain Has Announced That He Is Putting Together An Exploratory Commitee To Run For President!!! Herman Cain - Presidential Exploratory Committee

Herman Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Herman-Cain.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGBAE0y7iL0&feature=related

That Southern Jack Fool has done his prayerful consideration I see huh?

He'll fail.

Forum List

Back