Herman Cain: "I Am The Koch Brothers' Brother From Another Mother"

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Herman Cain: "I Am The Koch Brothers' Brother From Another Mother"
The Los Angeles Times ^ | November 4, 2011, 11:36 a.m. | Kim Geiger

Herman Cain: 'I am the Koch brothers' brother from another mother' - latimes.com
As he appeared on stage Friday before a gathering of conservative activists, Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain gave no indication that he was discouraged after a turbulent week marked by allegations that he had sexually harassed former employees. Cain opened his speech with an obvious jab at President Obama, and at rival Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who had delivered his own speech just moments before.

“Before I get started, I want to know, whose teleprompters are these? “ Cain said after taking the stage. “I don’t need ‘em. Maybe they’re for somebody else.”

Then he got philosophical, warning the audience against a life without dreams.

“The American dream has been hijacked,” he said. “But the good news is, we can take it back.”

Cain touted his business background and defended his 9-9-9 tax plan. He made no mention of the sexual harassment allegations.

But he did address another topic – his relationship to the billionaire brothers David and Charles Koch, who are credited with having founded Americans for Prosperity, the group that hosted the summit.

“I’m very proud to know the Koch brothers,” Cain said. “This may be a breaking news announcement for the media: I am the Koch brothers’ brother from another mother.”

David Koch, who was sitting in the front row of the packed ballroom at the Washington Convention Center, stood as the crowd burst into applause

Last edited:
What's this, a whole speech where Cain talks about nothing having to do with policy? No wonder he avoided the forum... He would have been asked questions and he would have had to give answers...

Cain's campaign was originally financed by Prosperity USA, the Koch brothers non profit.

This is illegal.

Somebody is going to jail for it.

Last edited:
The frenzy over allegations of sexual harassment against Herman Cain has obscured another scandal involving the candidate, what appears to be a blatantly illegal use of a non-profit organization to fund the initial stage of his campaign. Set up as a 501(c)3, the same kind of non-profit as charities, universities, and think tanks, Prosperity USA spent tens of thousands of dollars on campaign-related activities for Cain, according to investigative reporting by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Much of the money for Prosperity USA came from Americans for Prosperity, the activist conservative organization funded by the Koch Brothers. Prosperity USA was apparently the brainchild of Cain campaign impresario Mark Block, who had served as Wisconsin director of Americans for Prosperity.

Mark Block is already well known to campaign junkies and a larger swath of voters because he was the star of the Cain commercial that ended with him blowing smoke from his cigarette into the camera. But Block has been well known in Wisconsin for a long time—as a dirty trickster accused at various times of voter suppression and who was actually banned for three years from participating in Wisconsin political campaigns as a settlement from charges that he coordinated a judge’s re-election campaign with a special interest group. Block has an even more checkered personal history—a tax lien from the IRS, a home foreclosure, and two drunken driving charges.

The Cain scandal you haven’t heard about « The Enterprise Blog

Forum List

Back