Herman Cain: God Convinced Me To Run For President

Cain isn't pandering by "professing a higher cause." He's pandering (or else delusional) by claiming divine election, by claiming to be personally chosen by God to be president. The fact that he's making the claim is proof that it isn't TRUE. Since it's not true, either he believes it (and is therefore delusional), or he doesn't (and is therefore pandering).

True.

Also possible is Cain is both delusional and pandering.

All your arguments are false. Professing a higher cause isn't pandering by any stretch. But nice to see it bothers so many here. Perhaps we should chide George Washington or any of the other Founders that made similiar professions?

Where are you on that?

There is a difference between professing a higher faith and claiming the higher authority endorsed your campaign.

Don't be deliberately obtuse.

Why don't you ask water to not be wet while you're at it?

Well, it's better then just being obtuse.

I like it when the Commander and Chief is a strong christian.

You have evidence that Cain is a strong Christian?
His church attendance record?
His participation in church activities?

Or do you just like it when he claims to be a strong christian?
Or you just like republicans?

god told Pat Robertson to run for president too.

He has been a Koch Bros protege for years. He's one of their groomed puppets. How you think he got the name "Koch Cain"?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

God told Cain and Bachmann to run? Which is lying?

God told Cain and Bachmann to run? Which is lying?

All of them.

or perhaps they are all telling the truth and God really does have a sense of humor?

Regardless of who believes or doesn't believe in whatever these people felt God had called on them to run.
What I can't find is where they laid claim that God told them they would win.

Jesus Christ you fools take way to literal what the man says. He meant it figitively! Besides I rather have a god fear man run the country than a godless man (and yes Obama is agod fearing man). Godless leaders didn't work well in the USSR, Cambodia, North Korea or Nazi Germany!

Jesus Christ you fools take way to literal what the man says. He meant it figitively! Besides I rather have a god fear man run the country than a godless man (and yes Obama is agod fearing man). Godless leaders didn't work well in the USSR, Cambodia, North Korea or Nazi Germany!

but they have worked well in many other countrys and in Germany since hitler.

And the terrorist muslims are god fearing as well.
And it is the same god they fear. The God of Abraham.
the problem is with people, has nothing to do with god.

Last edited:
Hitler always professed that he was a Christian.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
- Adolf Hitler

Hitler always professed that he was a Christian.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
- Adolf Hitler

No reason to doubt him on that, either. The Holocaust differed from the Inquisition primarily in using updated technology and more efficient techniques.

Forum List

Back