Herman Cain: God Convinced Me To Run For President

I'm curious as to what people make of this claim?

Former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain says that God told him to run for president, National Journal reports.

"I prayed and prayed and prayed," Cain told about 100 members of the Georgia Young Republicans in Atlanta on Saturday. "I'm a man of faith, I had to do a lot of praying for this one, more praying than I'd ever done before in my life. And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses. 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

Cain isn't the only Republican candidate who says God convinced them to run, however.

In May, before officially announcing her candidacy, Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said that she felt a "calling" to seek the GOP nomination.

And Obama prays to be "an instrument of God's will".

I'm sure that gives you concern that he is not only near the highest position in government, he is in that highest position in government.

:eek:

ZOMG!!!!!!

Christianity and a belief in Christ is one of the biggest differences in the two ideologies. Liberalism has no moral foundation, no decency. All one need look to are the OWS infestations, all brought about by filth and immoral behavior. Put a bunch pf heathens together and you get disease, rape, murder. It's not rocket science. Thank God we still have some men willing to stand and proclaim their belief in God.

YOur post simply drips with your Christian faith.

I am *still* Christian... and while I understand what LGS is posting and may agree with her on many levels... I don't share her thoughts exactly. Christianity and faith differs from person to person and it is far more about what an individual makes of it for themselves than the set in stone theology... which matters... but does not make us brain dead sock puppets. :eusa_angel:

Former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain says that God told him to run for president, National Journal reports.

"I prayed and prayed and prayed," Cain told about 100 members of the Georgia Young Republicans in Atlanta on Saturday. "I'm a man of faith, I had to do a lot of praying for this one, more praying than I'd ever done before in my life. And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses. 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

Cain isn't the only Republican candidate who says God convinced them to run, however.

In May, before officially announcing her candidacy, Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said that she felt a "calling" to seek the GOP nomination.

I'm sure that gives you concern that he is not only near the highest position in government, he is in that highest position in government.

ZOMG!!!!!!

Thread closer.

The Obama Fluffers instantly shut the fuck up after that

ZOMG!!!!!!

There are always and forever higher powers in which one is held accountable to, even and especially the higher one's rule is. He may be in the highest position of our government... but that doesn't mean he has no one higher than himself to be accountable to. You know this, right? :confused:

So, it wasnt the Koch Brothers after all. Oh My!!

So, it wasnt the Koch Brothers after all. Oh My!!

:clap2::clap2:

The Koch Brothers told me to rep you

ZOMG!!!!!!

There are always and forever higher powers in which one is held accountable to, even and especially the higher one's rule is. He may be in the highest position of our government... but that doesn't mean he has no one higher than himself to be accountable to. You know this, right? :confused:
Whether I know that or not is irrelevant.

My point is that those who are soooooo concerned when a Republican mentions God should have that same concern when a Democrat mentions God.

If they don't want to be known as hypocritical hacks, that is.

ZOMG!!!!!!

Whether I know that or not is irrelevant.

My point is that those who are soooooo concerned when a Republican mentions God should have that same concern when a Democrat mentions God.

If they don't want to be known as hypocritical hacks, that is.

But we are all hypocritical... some are just less obvious than others. It can make deciphering candidates nearly an impossible task... This is one reason that it is such a flawed system... voters, especially secluded, unaware, and most likely 'uneducated' voters choose the candidates within their own parties instead of investigating and finding out the measures...

It has come to be my conclusion that there should be a test given to every voter and if they do not know enough to pass the basic test on candidates and the process then they should not be able to vote, or the votes should be considered in levels in accordance to the informed vs. the uninformed. This may go against what America is said to stand for, but what we have are masses being manipulated into voting ignorantly and against their own levels of dependencies... Or so it seems. :dunno:

It smacks of a governmental process so desperate to get quantities of votes instead of quality voters... Then, too, according to many deep within the systems, they don't want an informed public. It would force too many things to come to light and too many things would be revealed that would cause a massive rebellion... :dunno: Then, yet, perhaps I am completely wrong and this is all a Monday morning rambling due to lack of coffee. :confused:

Hey, rdean always has something fun and interesting to say in these sort of threads. Politicians bringing faith into the mix is ridiculous...and no doubt rdean is embarrassed by FDR's D-Day Prayer.

The History Place - Great Speeches Collection: President Franklin Roosevelt Speech D-Day Prayer

and?

what does that have to do with a wack-a-doodle deciding G-d told him to run for president?

hint: when you talk to G-d, that's prayer.
when he talks back?
that's psychosis.
Obama's a 'whack-a-doodle' too. He prays to be "an instrument of God's will".

ZOMG!!!!!!

It's one thing for someone to pray for guidance or talk TO God. It's another thing altogether for someone to say that God told him to do a specific thing.

For example, how about if Obama said that God told him to rally Democrats to pass the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as Obamacare) and then sign it into law?

What would conservatives say to that claim?

ZOMG!!!!!!

It's one thing for someone to pray for guidance or talk TO God. It's another thing altogether for someone to say that God told him to do a specific thing.

For example, how about if Obama said that God told him to rally Democrats to pass the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as Obamacare) and then sign it into law?

Somehow I just knew you would rationalize Obama wanting to do God's will as different.

:lol:

ZOMG!!!!!!

Somehow I just knew you would rationalize Obama wanting to do God's will as different.

I haven't rationalized anything. I asked a question, and I made a comparison.

So, I'll ask again. What would conservatives say if Obama made a very specific claim about what God told him to do by saying that God told him to rally Democrats to pass the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as Obamacare) and then sign it into law? That's comparable to Cain saying that God told him to do a specific thing when he said that God told him to run for president.

I haven't rationalized anything. I asked a question, and I made a comparison.

So, I'll ask again. What would conservatives say if Obama made a very specific claim about what God told him to do by saying that God told him to rally Democrats to pass the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as Obamacare) and then sign it into law? That's comparable to Cain saying that God told him to do a specific thing when he said that God told him to run for president.

I'd tell him to clean his fucking ears out, but I wouldn't use it as an opportunity to mock his faith.

101114_600.jpg

ZOMG!!!!!!

While I am deeply sensible to the high compliment of a re-election; and duly grateful, as I trust, to Almighty God for having directed my countrymen to a right conclusion, as I think, for their own good, it adds nothing to my satisfaction that any other man may be disappointed or pained by the result.

President Abraham Lincoln -- Response to a Serenade on November 10, 1864

Forum List

Back