Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I'll need a lot more convincing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm interested and want to know more.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Yes!!! Let's elect him.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Cain is the only GOP'er I've seen or heard of being in the mix, that I would vote for.

Too bad for you.

Seriously though...what do you think are his chances?

Some people vote for who they like, skin color and popularity mean less or possibly nothing over who could actually do the job.

Pretty speeches is how we got Bush III.

That sounds good and well, but you didn't answer the question.

What do you think are this man's chances?

Cain is the only GOP'er I've seen or heard of being in the mix, that I would vote for.
Too bad for you.
Why? I voted for Obama and will again, if any other of the GOP clods I see at the top of the polls right now get their party's nod.
Probably pretty slim, if you're talking about winning the GOP nomination. If he does? Really good chance he will win the WH I think.

Umm... That's what you're scared of, right? Better start rooting for Palin or Romney in the primaries!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never heard of the guy. Doubt he can beat the President.

That's because only his radio listeners know or care about him.

He's announced his run for candidacy for going on 2 months at least not and not one peep of it in the media.

You know why....?

He's a joke...that's why.

He didn't even get a quarter percentage at the recent CPAC.

Even that retarded sounding Southern A$$Klown Haley Barbour managed to muster up at least some single digits.

Obama's opposition is going to be a real laughing stock. I'm buying my popcorn from now.

I just can't see the ACU inviting a 'joke' to give the keynote speech at CPAC.

The actual straw poll results were:

Texas Rep. Ron Paul: 30 percent Would definitely break my vow to never again vote for an (R).
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney: 23 percent Nope.
Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson: 6 percent Don't know...Probably not.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: 6 percent Don't know...Probably not.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich: 5 percent No...fucking...way
Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty: 4 percent Ibid
Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann: 4 percent Ibid
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels: 4 percent Need more info...Probably not.
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin: 3 percent *chortle*...Seriously?
Former talk show host Herman Cain: 2 percent Need more info.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: 2 percent See: Newt Gingrich
Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum: 2 percent Ibid
South Dakota Sen. John Thune: 2 percent Most likely not
U.S. Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman: 1 percent Ibid
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour: 1 percent Ibid
Others: 5 percent
Undecided: 1 percent

Our former Governor Gary Johnson, with high name recognition, got only 6 percent. I think Cain's 2% is respectable considering that he hasn't announced and probably didn't work too hard to bring a voting delegration with him to the conference. Take several of the 'no chance' folks who split the vote out of the bottom of the roster, and Cain might have done pretty well. We can't know.

Last edited:
Give us a break on these polls Fox. What do you want to do, nominate every speaker at CPAC two years before the election? Democrats need to worry if the street thug and the dummy will be able to run for another term.

Too bad for you.

Don't know. I've heard one speech. I did like that one speech, but I won't make a choice based on one speech. But I voted that I'm interested and want to know more up there.

If back in mid 2007 when that campaign first started rolling, if anybody had told me that Barack Obama would beat Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary I would have snorted.

If anybody had told me that John McCain would be the GOP nominee, I would have snorted too.

Moral of story: You don't know how a hand is going to play out until it is played.

Give us a break on these polls Fox. What do you want to do, nominate every speaker at CPAC two years before the election? Democrats need to worry if the street thug and the dummy will be able to run for another term.

Well you sure don't have to participate in them whitehall. Nobody is twisting your arm. But after the 2008 fiasco, I'm not wanting to just sit back and wait this time. I want to be proactive to choose who I think will be a viable candidate, good for America, and can win. And I want to get behind that person early so he or she does not get discouraged and drop out.

And frankly, right now, I don't know who that person is going to be for me yet.

Too bad for you.

Some people vote for who they like, skin color and popularity mean less or possibly nothing over who could actually do the job.

Pretty speeches is how we got Bush III.

That sounds good and well, but you didn't answer the question.

What do you think are this man's chances?

If he were against Obama? 50/50

If he were in a race in the primaries with lets say 5 people, 20%.

What I honestly believe is that you're such a racist and a bigot that you fear he does well, maybe not win but well during the primaries... Then you will feel a little more like an ass clown when you trash the TPM and conservatives, but I know for 100% sure that it wouldn't stop you.

Last edited:
Come on Avory. Marc has been pretty civil and decent on this thread, as have you, and it has been a good thread. Let's don't turn it into a food fight please. There's room for all points of view and he asked an honest question.

I like Cain. I would vote for Cain. I don't give a rip how much people try and tear him down, that doesn't influence me.

Cain wasn't on my radar until his CPAC speech, but now I'm checking him out. So far I'm not discerning a lot of negative baggage. The biggest strike against him might be inexperience? I would prefer a candidate this time who didn't have to learn everything on the job.

And as always, I am interested in what sort of people the victor might surround himself with as that will be the indication of what kind of administration he or she is likely to have.

Forum List

Back