Herman Cain Business Failure

TinyDancer,

Please point to the actual figures released by Pillsbury, instead of fantasy blogs.

The onus is on you. I am still just listening to crickets.

No it's not. You made a deranged and completely false OP. Prove your OP.

You want to be a liar and a racist, go ahead. Have fun. Be the left wing insane clown that you are.

The man has been a success story. Just because you don't like his politics or his policies in my mind, one shouldn't have to lie. And lie. And lie.

But then you're a liberal.

Obama at least will get us slowly out of the middle east and is honest.

It seems as if the media is giving 'ol Herb the same type of passes they gave their previous chosen one...
I honestly cannot tell who is worse. They are both lying war mongers.

Has American politics sunk this low?
This is 2008 all over again.

Cain is so far to the fucking right that he is spiting fire out of his mouth. He is farther to the right then Obama is to the left...He is big business to the core and fuck the little guy to much for my taste. I like some of his social stances(guns, abortion, borders,), but he wants more war and to hurt the low and middle class. His tax plan sucks. :evil:

Where did he say he wants to start a war? Or are you just projecting because you have a crush on Obama?

How does he want to hurt the poor and the middle class... By my view lowering the poors 15% payroll tax to a 9% income tax..... Last I checked 9 is less than 15.

Let's move on to the sales tax. Currently the corporate tax rate is at 35% and let's get real corporations don't pay taxes, only people.

If you run a business and sell a product, you are going to price in the cost of doing business along into the cost of the materials to create the product.. Part of the cost of doing business is taxes.

The farmer adds his tax costs to the wheat he farms and sells to the mill. The mill adds its corp tax to the price of the milled wheat that is sold to Kellogg's, Kellogg's creates their product and adds in their corporate tax to their cost before handing off to the distributor that adds their tax and sends on down to the grocery store that adds their corp tax rate before putting it on the shelf so your fatass can have a bowl of cereal in the morning. You just paid the corporate tax of all those companies.

These embedded taxes you do not see but pay for in every product you buy at the store. Cato and heritage and a few others found the average tax in products is roughly 22%... By lowering the corp rate down to 9% and the forces of competition would force the products we purchase today and adds a visible 1 time at the point sales tax... And with that tax it still comes in cheaper.

To recap, our ultra high corporate tax rate acts like a VAT, the 999 shoots to lower this by at least 2/3rds.

And to boot, a NRST is a voluntary tax, meaning you choose when, where and how much tax you pay. Nothing could be more free than that, when compared to your mandatory tax that you and Obama live so much called the income tax.

The poor and middle class get a bigger benefit under this plan because buying used goods, like cars and homes and second hand clothing can avoid the sales tax altogether.

The point of the 999 is to get Americans used to the concepts in the FairTax and after gaining the publics trust by getting the economy back he wants to tour the cou try and educate the electorate on the FairTax.

Now did you know all this or did you just not like him personally so you cook up a lot of unfair criticisms of the man?

That is out right dishonest. He was a ballistics analyst for the navy! He burger king in PA before he took over they were 50 out of 50 in profitability. When he was done they were #1. That is why they gave him the challenge go godfathers godfathers was weeks away for bk and liquidation. In only 14 months he brought them back into the black and they be never looked back. He has so many more like this.

Media darling.:cuckoo: have you seen the attacks on him by the media. The we're vicious even before the fake scandal broke.

Neg

The McCain.... oops I mean Cain campaign & media adoration are the ones who claim Herman to be some sort of magical job creator, yet they provide no actual proof. So the media is saturated with free publicity for their chosen one. Just like the Obama/Cain campaign of '08.
Just like before, the media designs the publicity to keep the public from genuinely questioning the credentials of those put before them.

Since none you can find any evidence to back up their claims then perhaps your hatred towards me is misplaced? Or is such hatred by design?
:confused:

Then again, perhaps you should not be so quick to accept whatever the media tells you at face value. You may be less vulgar if you accept responsibility for your own beliefs, instead of letting the media think for you. Just a suggestion.

Otherwise,
Prove me wrong, provide actual stats of job creation.
In the meantime I will listen to the crickets.
:lol:

Also still waiting for an answer to this:
How does a guy in 30 million+ debt suddenly get positioned in "oversight" of his debtor? Does that make sense to anyone?

The McCain.... oops I mean Cain campaign & media adoration are the ones who claim Herman to be some sort of magical job creator, yet they provide no actual proof. So the media is saturated with free publicity for their chosen one. Just like the Obama/Cain campaign of '08.
Just like before, the media designs the publicity to keep the public from genuinely questioning the credentials of those put before them.

Since none you can find any evidence to back up their claims then perhaps your hatred towards me is misplaced? Or is such hatred by design?

Then again, perhaps you should not be so quick to accept whatever the media tells you at face value. You may be less vulgar if you accept responsibility for your own beliefs, instead of letting the media think for you. Just a suggestion.

Otherwise,
Prove me wrong, provide actual stats of job creation.
In the meantime I will listen to the crickets.
:lol:

Also still waiting for an answer to this:
How does a guy in 30 million+ debt suddenly get positioned in "oversight" of his debtor? Does that make sense to anyone?

Obama was an F and D student in High School and College but was passed routinely and given a degree based purely on Affirmative Action alone.... Prove me wrong.

Can you provide your link that shows Herman Cain is 30 million in the hole? Or you just make up wild accusations and ask people to prove a negative?

Hey arkangel. I decided to take a break from painting.

Where are your links to Cain's broom pushing draft dodging days? Or any of the other bullshit in your OP?

I've been waiting.

BTW your suggestion that any good information comes from a fantasy blog must mean Cain's wiki bio. Maybe you don't understand how it works you moronic twit.

It has references. Many references to outside sources.

Here's just one of many. But there are links to Forbes, Wall Street Journal, New York Times ets.

But I like this article in particular because it really shows Herman's human side as well as his successes.

I especially like the parts I've highlighted in red for you. Particularly the one where Herman took everybody in his office on a three day cruise with his bonus. Other managers just gave their employees a dinner.

Herman Cain's career at Pillsbury is a tale of two turnarounds

* Article by: Neal St. Anthony , Star Tribune
* Updated: October 30, 2011 - 6:54 PM

The GOP candidate insisted that every employee be "appreciated and respected," a colleague recalls.

Herman Cain, the Republican presidential hopeful, says he can turn around the country just as he did Godfather's Pizza 25 years ago.

Business success has never guaranteed political success. But Cain demonstrated during a tour with Pillsbury Co. in the 1980s that he is a successful, charismatic leader. With flair and hard work, he turned around Pillsbury's struggling Philadelphia Burger King region and revived a near-dead Godfather's Pizza.

"My career spans 38 years and I've worked for 26 different managers," said Frank Taylor, a recently retired Burger King financial executive whom Cain hired as his regional controller in 1983. "Herman was far and away the best I've worked for in terms of getting a team together, sharing a vision and accomplishing the goals. And nothing diverted him."

Cain also shared the wealth. When Burger King distributed $50,000 apiece to the regional vice presidents as reward for good performance in 1985, most of the regional bosses spent it on a trip to a posh resort for themselves and other managers and spouses. The enlisted troops got a dinner. Cain took everybody in his office, including administrative staff, on the same three-day reward cruise, Taylor recalled.

Cain, 65, the son of a domestic worker and a chauffeur, earned degrees in math and computer science and worked in computer systems and business analysis during 10 years in the Navy and at Coca-Cola. He moved to Pillsbury as a business analyst in 1977. He managed the move of Pillsbury into its new downtown Minneapolis headquarters in 1982. And, in 1983, Cain got a shot in field management at Pillsbury's restaurant division.

The Philadelphia region of Burger King ranked near the bottom among Burger King's 12 groups. Cain brought analytical strengths and energy. He fired and hired. He praised and exhorted the survivors. He turned the region into a top performer within two years.

"I worked with him fairly closely at Burger King," recalled George Mileusnic, a former Pillsbury executive, now a Twin Cities consultant. "He was good strategically and good with people, including working long hours in Burger King stores to get that bottom-up experience. He had about 500 stores in that Philadelphia region and he did a great job."

Impressed, Jeff Campbell, the head of Pillsbury's restaurant operations, put Cain in charge of Godfather's Pizza, a then-struggling chain that Pillsbury acquired when it bought an Omaha restaurant consolidator that also was a big franchisee of Burger Kings.

Godfather's was started by an entrepreneur in the 1970s but slid after it was acquired by a big Burger King corporate franchisee and waylaid by a tired menu, demoralized employees and lousy results. Campbell gave the 40-year-old Cain a year to right Godfather's, make a buck, or shut it down.

At the time, Campbell told Cain that there was a very slim chance Godfather's could be "a home run for you and the company."

"I said, 'Sounds like my kind of odds,'" Cain recalled in an 1987 interview with the Star Tribune. "That's how I got to Philadelphia."

Cain earned his confidence through accomplishment. He was top math scholar at Morehouse College in Atlanta and earned a master's degree in computer science from Purdue University while in the Navy, where he devised fire-control systems.

"I like to win," Cain said in that Star Tribune interview. "I like the highest score, not the lowest."

Cain's campaign headquarters did not respond to a request for an interview.

Along with his analytical skills, Cain brought an entrepreneurial fervor to the hurried turnaround at Godfather's in 1986-87. He listened, asked questions and acted, including closing stores, shifting people and even cooking and testing new products in the company's kitchen.

'We are not dead'

"I'm Herman Cain and this ain't no April Fool's joke," he told Godfather's employees when he arrived on April 1, 1986. "We are not dead. Our objective is to prove to Pillsbury and everybody else that we will survive."

An accomplished singer and pianist, Cain occasionally led the headquarters crew in after-hours song, and performed charitable gigs in Omaha, backed by a chorus of managers.*** He also demanded that senior managers know every employee working for them on a first-name basis and occasionally quizzed executives on that and other personnel issues.

"That was pretty unique," Mileusnic said. "Those stories got around Pillsbury. Herman was very quantitative and analytical, but he demanded that everybody be engaged and every employee must be appreciated and respected."

By 1987, Cain and longtime executive Ronald Gartlan, now the CEO of Godfather's, stabilized the company and produced an operating profit.

Cain's product development team registered market share gains against titanic Domino's and Pizza Hut with the "Hot Slice" individual servings as well as the Godfather's Jumbo Combo pizza, a five-pound monster of dough, cheese and toppings on the other end of the spectrum.

Herman Cain's career at Pillsbury is a tale of two turnarounds | StarTribune.com

I'm going to be up still battling with semi gloss on the computer room ceiling and I truly am looking forward to all the links you can provide to back up your OP.

The McCain.... oops I mean Cain campaign & media adoration...
Media adoration! :rofl: What planet do you live on? The media has gone on a vicious smear campaign. They have zero love for Cain since he is a Black conservative.

Media adoration! LOL, stop trolling.

Its is futility to talk about Cain.
Hes done and will very lilkely NEVER hold and elected office of any kind (except in a tea party district).

he has made a shit load of money though.

Im sure he will run again because hes got millions to do it with.

Next election he can take vactions to where ever he wants to go and call it campaigning.

Millions of dollars to do this with.

Hes already won what he wanted to get, money and free advert forhis book sales.

You got Trump/Palined yet again cons.

TinyDancer,

Please point to the actual figures released by Pillsbury, instead of fantasy blogs.

The onus is on you. I am still just listening to crickets.

umm, you made the claims in the op, but i dont see any links backing up the claims......

you cant start an op making claims with nothing to support those claims.....

at least not expect to be taken seriously anyway........

i am not a cain supporter, but that is not the issue, honest debating is........

Last edited:
Elaine Kagan threatened to release Obama's Harvard homework ("Me shoot hoops with Choom gang", a tale by Barack Hussein Obama and other topics), that's why she' got SCOTUS as a bribe to keep her silent

Wow, still no proof of job creation.

Just anecdotal stories from buddies on how he is "a great man", and a "inspirational speaker"... just like everyone who claimed Obama to be some sort of genius... yet are afraid to release his school records.

Seem familiar?

Cain is only a success in his own mind and the lobbying groups he works for.
Cain is a failed busnessman, here is just a taste of the "pizza" he is actually selling you...

Chewing Over Herman Cain's Pizza Past - BusinessWeek
The candidate's claim he rescued Godfather's is light on details
Cain recounts how he took over the struggling chain in the 1980s and made it profitable in a brisk 14 months. "I am not a politician," he said at this week's Republican debate in New Hampshire. "I am a problem-solver with over 40 years of business and executive experience."

Cain is being modest here. He is a politician
...snip...
The bosses installed Cain as Godfather's chief executive.
...snip...
He closed 20 percent of the company's 640 restaurants and fired 300 to 400 people.
...snip...

Publicly available figures show Godfather's sales fluctuated from about $225 million to about $275 million during his time there, sometimes rising, sometimes falling, never surging. Godfather's didn't go out of business; neither did it become a major combatant in the pizza wars, and Pillsbury sold Godfather's to Cain and a group of investors in 1988.
...snip...

In a November 1987 interview with Restaurant Business, Cain predicted Godfather's would "exceed 1,000" restaurants within three years and take on its larger rivals. It wasn't to be.
By the time Cain left the company in 1996 to head the National Restaurant Assn., the industry's powerful lobbying group, the number of Godfather's restaurants had dwindled to the low 500s.

Note that after Cain bungled Godfathers under Pillsbury, he secured a loan in a management buyout. This was just months before he got his position at the FED (1988), which makes absolutely no sense and is possibly criminal.

Before you go off half cocked on the sales figures quoted, please consider inflation, as well as the fact that Cain NEVER CREATED A JOB IN HIS LIFE.

"Pappa Johns" was a pizza business that was just starting when Cain came to power at Godfathers. It did not take long for Pappa Johns to surpass Cains bungled pizza chain.
John H. Schnatter is proven to be an exponentially better businessman than Herman, he creates growth, not unemployment.
Maybe he would make a better president?
:cool:

Still waiting for you to provide actual numbers, not anecdotes. The crickets are sounding good tonight.

(

Last edited:
Still waiting for those numbers.

If he was such a perfect businessman, then those numbers should be easy to find shouldn't they?

Media adoration!

Thats right!

Check google trends for news reference volume.
Cain is receiving the same sort of boost that McCain got prior to the primary season last time around, with the same sort of infidelity-soap-opera scandal.
Almost all of the media attention is condeming anyone who would say anything negative about the new chosen one (Just like Obama).
The media is yet again trying to condition people to never question their chosen one, no matter what the criticism is. Even when the acts the chosen are commtting are getting progressively more depraved, the media wants you to attack the those who would question our "dear leaders".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back