Here's your evil top 1% ...

What exactly is our share? I've allways wondered exactly what that means. Does the fact that we produce more than all of Africa, and Australia and New Zealand and Europe not mean we deserve more than them? I allways thought that wealth was based on how much and how hard you worked?

Productivity has little to do with hard work. It has mostly to do with existing capital improvements like automated machinery and processes as well as infrastructure. You knew that.

How the fuck do you suppose a company pays to purchase or develop automated machinery? People do not start businesses with huge capitalization. They work their asses off, making a product with rudimentary tools to be able to afford that first machine and then they work their asses off to keep it busy.

however the definition of capitalism is that they do indeed start with copious volumes of cash. Everybody who doesn't have copious volumes of cash gets weeded out long before the industry reaches maximum automation.

I guess our only point in life is to amass as much wealth and property, for our master government, as possible before we die?

No fucking thanks.

No.

That's just silly.

Your function in life is the breed and die.

Like a salmon.

Did you spawn, yet?

Not yet. Still waiting for the perfect spawning grounds.

Now this is a perfect spawning ground.....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9G5ZFSTCPc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9G5ZFSTCPc[/ame]

How did I know it would turn into the left making fun of and/or attacking the business owner.

You silly kids. :lol:
For them, shameless bigotry is OK, as long as the targets are the wealthy (or even merely self-sufficient), southerners, white guys and/or Christians.
Pointing out the guy is whining, clueless about business and/or lying is considered bigotry. Who knew!

That is one mighty chip you have.

Do you blame all your problems on the government, too?

The dead have zero rights to their former assets. It is a religious code that justifies that offspring inherit their deceased parents fortunes. It is old fashioned and unconstitutional.

Our current fee for services regimen can't possibly support even the skeletal government you would want protecting your assets. Every government service should be charged a fee. That's capitalism! It is also 100% equitable.

And as per the death tax, make as much money as you want, but you can't keep it after you die.

Neither should the fucking gubmint. :eusa_hand:

The government has every right to it. They print your money, provided you more than half of your wealth no matter your station in life, and protected your assets from the moment of your birth.

YOU were cared for by a nanny state from cradle to grave. On your own your life expectancy was 30 years of unimaginable poverty and a brutal death.

Government is merely an agent of society, and you are indebted to society for the majority of everything you ever accomplished or enjoyed.
Very well said.

Despite this, people still believe the government is conspiring to keep them from earning wealth.

Productivity has little to do with hard work. It has mostly to do with existing capital improvements like automated machinery and processes as well as infrastructure. You knew that.

How the fuck do you suppose a company pays to purchase or develop automated machinery? People do not start businesses with huge capitalization. They work their asses off, making a product with rudimentary tools to be able to afford that first machine and then they work their asses off to keep it busy.

however the definition of capitalism is that they do indeed start with copious volumes of cash. Everybody who doesn't have copious volumes of cash gets weeded out long before the industry reaches maximum automation.

Bullshit! Sure, few entrepreneurs succeed, but the majority of those that do made their copious volumes of cash by working their asses off for long hours and pumping what they made back into their business.

What we need are higher tax brackets: $1 million -$5 million; $5.1 million to $10 million, et seq.

Why do you discriminate. Aren't we supposed to treat people equally?
although I am not crazy over our present income tax system...

It is still equal....

if and when another person makes over a million in taxable income etc, they will be taxed at the same rate as the others who earned over a million....and for the money those making a million earned that fall;s in to the lower tax brackets, they will pay the SAME lower tax for this money that others in the same lower tax bracket paid, and not a dime more.....

What we need are higher tax brackets: $1 million -$5 million; $5.1 million to $10 million, et seq.

It is still equal....

if and when another person makes over a million in taxable income etc, they will be taxed at the same rate as the others who earned over a million....and for the money those making a million earned that fall;s in to the lower tax brackets, they will pay the SAME lower tax for this money that others in the same lower tax bracket paid, and not a dime more.....

Unless you have read every page, and studied it, how could you know it is equal. The only way it is equal Care, is in the misery it creates. We need a complete overhaul in Tax Structure. If it is thicker than a phone book, it's too complicated. Simplify Care, that is critical to understanding and compliance.

It is still equal....

Unless you have read every page, and studied it, how could you know it is equal. The only way it is equal Care, is in the misery it creates. We need a complete overhaul in Tax Structure. If it is thicker than a phone book, it's too complicated. Simplify Care, that is critical to understanding and compliance.

oh! I agree! please note that i said ''makes over a million in TAXABLE income'' .....

it's getting to the ''taxable'' income where the 9 foot of paper high, tax code deductions comes in and makes it better for some, than others!

Let's suppose we set tax brackets at each magnitude, as in taxable income of $1K, 10K, 100K, $1M, 10M, 100M, $1B etc.

What would be an appropriate tax rate for folks earning $1K, $1M and $1B?

0%, 0% and 0%.

Doesn't get any more fair and equitable than that.

The irony is that most of them wind up paying that anyway because of all the writeoffs they can take. Do you know any millionnaire who actually PAYS 35%?

It is still equal....

oh! I agree! please note that i said ''makes over a million in TAXABLE income'' .....

it's getting to the ''taxable'' income where the 9 foot of paper high, tax code deductions comes in and makes it better for some, than others!

This might be a good place to remind people that the tax cut proposal for $250,000 and under would have been calculated on adjusted gross income, not gross profits (or gross earnings). In other words, the same exemptions would apply right off the top, conceivably reducing a gross earnings amount of over $200K/$250K down to taxable income of $200,000 or $250,000. I think a lot of people freaked out by thinking OMG, my company earned $260,000 last year, so I'm screwed!!

I did watch the video. The whole video. And the only salary that he cut was HIS!

Not one mention about cutting his employees pay. But he did mention how the government wants to increase their salary.

Like I said, you just default to your choosen stereotype.

Yes not one mention of employee raises either. A carefully avoided topic.

And as you do as well defaulting to your chosen stereotype.

Pay raises. Are you fucking serious?? Thats your argument? :cuckoo:

The guy said his company hasn't made money in 1.5 years!

The guy took money out of his personal savings to make payroll.

YOU need to go back and watch the WHOLE VIDEO.

The more time see you post the more I'm convinced that your a conservative acting like a liberal with the sole intention of discrediting the left. Keep on posting. Keep on posting.

Checkmate

I ran into a former employee who hasn't worked since one of my managers laid him off 3 years (!) ago. He actually blamed me for getting hired in the first place, at a time when his industry was at the peak of the good times and he had been out of work for 3 months! He says he lost his house and since I still have mine so that's not fair. I asked him if he knows how much money I spent out of my own pocket so that every one of his paychecks cashed. When he said he didn't know, I said "$XX,XXXX, all of it. When you got laid off I did your job for free."

That's what some people just don't get about business owners, most of them have done more to take care of their marginal employees than is even known, but they get vilified because they are successful.

The mom and pop shop will not get hit by this tax but the McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts franchisee will. An employer with 500 employees or FTEs is running close to $10,000,000 in payroll expense and $25 million in capitalization. At $1,000,000 net aftertax free cashflow the owner should give strong consideration to sale or liquidation because practically any balanced asset allocation tested would perform better. And that owner is by federal definition a small business owner.

Umm kinda hard for McDonalds and Dunkin doughnuts to offshore since the customers are here, same for the entire retail industry. they will stay, at least till things get so bad that people cannot afford their "luxuries" and just fall back to the basics.

McDonalds has already asked for a waiver, which they'll probably get and be able to keep their mini-med plans. But I don't think it's the franchisees that pay for that coverage anyway. If they did, each McDonald's across the country would have to apply for its own waiver.

No, the franchisees have to pay but as a franchisor McDonalds corporate can negotiate the terms.

I doubt you ever will get it....

The belief, much less a tax bracket that declares a tax payer is wealthy at $250K is crazy, stupid and absolute BS.....

For most successful Americans it is earned, where in the world today besides America is the opportunity for success greater? This belief we can tax ourselves to succeed as a nation in a world economy is ass backwards.....

We have a government that is broken, it continues to spend more than it takes in.....

To continue the policy that our most successful citizens need to carry a greater burden will only deteriorate the country that has lead the world for 234 years.....

tax brackets don't declare certain people wealthy, that's just crazy speak.

And no, I don't get the sense of entitlement that folks who by virtue of luck or fate or picking their parents carefully, end up living lives of relative luxury yet still complaining exhibit.

Good luck with that one. The revenue isn't there. If you'd ever try and find out yourself you'd know that already.

Let's suppose we set tax brackets at each magnitude, as in taxable income of $1K, 10K, 100K, $1M, 10M, 100M, $1B etc.

What would be an appropriate tax rate for folks earning $1K, $1M and $1B?

0%, 0% and 0%.

Doesn't get any more fair and equitable than that.

The irony is that most of them wind up paying that anyway because of all the writeoffs they can take. Do you know any millionnaire who actually PAYS 35%?

there are none, just like there are no American corps who pay the advertised corporate tax rates.

Figures lie and liars figure and all that.

Americans nest on piles of wealth every day that nobody on earth could imagine 150 years ago. And everyday we essentially say "let them eat cake" to the poorest 2-3 billion people alive who exist on a few dollars a day in income......all because they had the misfortune and we had the fortune of picking our parents?

Well, if it really bothers you, then I suggest unplugging your internet provider and sending the payments to Sally Struthers.

It doesn't bother me.

I just don't rant and fume about how we "earned" our immense wealth. I realize it is the bounty of nature, society, our empire etc.

You like ideas Sampson, check this out:

Hulu - Ants - Natures Secret Power - Watch the full feature film now.

It's a documentary about social animals and their source of power. We share the distinction of being among the 3% of animals who are "social animals" by definition. And being of that rare club we also share the distinction of being among the most dominant of all species.......as social animals.

But stripped of that social organization I doubt humans would have survived at all. We owe everything that we are to society and nature. We accomplished none of it alone. Nor could we have accomplished anything alone.

Forum List

Back