Here's your evil top 1% ...

Everyone take a 50% pay cut and drop your retirement and insurance so US businesses can compete.

Once again you fail to think clearly.

How about this scenario:

The federal government should take a 50% pay cut and drop all the useless wars, foreign intervention, paying for illegal alien's welfare, foriegn aid and bullshit beauracracies so U.S. buisnesses can compete.
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that workers take a pay cut but since you are a dishonest partisan hack you just default to your choosen stereotype of conservatives, buisness owners and the "rich"

ALL YOU LIB LEFTIST APOLOGISTS GOT NOTHING ON THE REAL FUCKING WORLD!!!!!!!

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

ALL YOU LIB LEFTIST APOLOGISTS GOT NOTHING ON THE REAL FUCKING WORLD!!!!!!!

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

That is why I post on boards such as these. Staunch Democrats in places like GA (not many Ds here in northeast FL) are defecting because their party ignores them. As a Libertarian I would like to see the LP move further left to be positioned better for the ever faster deterioration of the majors. However pitching the message depends on what is seen as true by the different parties. For example "The Wall Street Journal" has been outselling the NYT for years but it is still thought by the left as the newspaper of record but USA Today, FT, IBD and the BBC gets quoted and cited more often online. Lew Rockwell and various vMI spin offs are also quoted a lot as well. Huffington is generally ignored not just by the GOP but by independents as well. The disintegration of the North east as a power base is well advanced with the left coast losing momentum as well. I find the reactions to this trend interesting.

Great story and dead accurate.

For every teenager that thinks his parents is made of money, there are three liberals who thinks the company they work for is made of money.

In the past few months we have done better at our company. But "better" is not what it used to be. In October we made as much money as we did Jan-September. However, October would have been a bad month compared to pre-recession.
Taking another huge hit for higher taxes would be insanely stupid.

I don't get it. You seem to fully understand that your living standards are heading the way of global parity. And surely all Americans must realize that since 1946 we have earned far, far more than our share. Or more on point we have been paid far, far more than we actually earned.

So why complain? Thank God you don't live in the 150 poorest nations on earth. Thank God that you live in the US where your wages are automatically 3-4 times higher than what you would earn for the same effort in most of the world, not to mention the overwhelming majority of history.

Americans nest on piles of wealth every day that nobody on earth could imagine 150 years ago. And everyday we essentially say "let them eat cake" to the poorest 2-3 billion people alive who exist on a few dollars a day in income......all because they had the misfortune and we had the fortune of picking our parents?

I simply do not understand the sense of entitlement Americans exude. It bewilders me. You had it ALL. Isn't that enough? Did you think it was somehow your birthright to be eternally wealthy just because?

I can understand competing to keep our edge. I just can't see how most of us have any basis for complaining about our amazingly lucky fates.

What exactly is our share? I've allways wondered exactly what that means. Does the fact that we produce more than all of Africa, and Australia and New Zealand and Europe not mean we deserve more than them? I allways thought that wealth was based on how much and how hard you worked?

Everyone take a 50% pay cut and drop your retirement and insurance so US businesses can compete.

How about this scenario:

The federal government should take a 50% pay cut and drop all the useless wars, foreign intervention, paying for illegal alien's welfare, foriegn aid and bullshit beauracracies so U.S. buisnesses can compete.
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that workers take a pay cut but since you are a dishonest partisan hack you just default to your choosen stereotype of conservatives, buisness owners and the "rich"

did you even watch the video? The guy said something about how do you compete with $13/day wages in China.

Sheesh. Is it difficult to be such a corporate shill?

Last edited:

How about this scenario:

did you even watch the video? The guy said something about how do you compete with $13/day wages in China.

I did watch the video. The whole video. And the only salary that he cut was HIS!

Not one mention about cutting his employees pay. But he did mention how the government wants to increase their salary.

Like I said, you just default to your choosen stereotype.

What a whiner. If his product is so awesome he'd be making money instead of making boo hoo hoo videos on youtube.

:rolleyes:

To be fair..these are not the guys that most people refer to when they are talking about "rich ceo's".

So this guy's pity party basically is off base.

And the Obama stimulus package had all sorts of goodies aimed at small and mid-level businesses. But it looks like the tax cuts didn't work..now..did they?

Last edited:
What exactly is our share? I've allways wondered exactly what that means. Does the fact that we produce more than all of Africa, and Australia and New Zealand and Europe not mean we deserve more than them? I allways thought that wealth was based on how much and how hard you worked?

Productivity has little to do with hard work. It has mostly to do with existing capital improvements like automated machinery and processes as well as infrastructure. You knew that.

Comrade, you are close to on point.

Every GOVERNMENT employee (including police and teachers) drop the UNSUSTAINABLE pension plans and go to individual plans, such as 401K and IRAs, like 98% of the private sector was FORCED to do. Right here you cut 14% of the federal budget it and up to 40%-50% of every state budget! Government Pension plans are highway robbery!

Next create a healthcare system that isn't employer based! Employer based healthcare systems put our corporations a a huge disadvantage.

Move to the fair tax, and get rid of the corporate, income, sales, payroll, capital gains and GRAND THEFT LARCENCY ESTATE/DEATH tax.

Combine that with our advantages in educated, hard-working, skilled work force, low shipping costs, low energy costs, and best access to the largest consumer market, then we can compete and beat China, India, Mexico etc on the global market. We would see a boom in the manufacturing sector.

We also have to address the 1000s of pages of labor law statutes. There is no reason these statutes have to be over 50 pages!

We also need to combat the COMMUNIST Union Thugs!

How about this scenario:

I did watch the video. The whole video. And the only salary that he cut was HIS!

Not one mention about cutting his employees pay. But he did mention how the government wants to increase their salary.

Like I said, you just default to your choosen stereotype.

Yes not one mention of employee raises either. A carefully avoided topic.

And as you do as well defaulting to your chosen stereotype.

Every GOVERNMENT employee (including police and teachers) drop the UNSUSTAINABLE pension plans and go to individual plans, such as 401K and IRAs, like 98% of the private sector was FORCED to do. Right here you cut 14% of the federal budget it and up to 40%-50% of every state budget! Government Pension plans are highway robbery!

Next create a healthcare system that isn't employer based! Employer based healthcare systems put our corporations a a huge disadvantage.

Move to the fair tax, and get rid of the corporate, income, sales, payroll, capital gains and GRAND THEFT LARCENCY ESTATE/DEATH tax.

Combine that with our advantages in educated, hard-working, skilled work force, low shipping costs, low energy costs, and best access to the largest consumer market, then we can compete and beat China, India, Mexico etc on the global market. We would see a boom in the manufacturing sector.

We also have to address the 1000s of pages of labor law statutes. There is no reason these statutes have to be over 50 pages!

true we need no labor laws, we are certain our corporations will always treat their employees honorably and fairly.

And why should a 10yr old not be able to work to help support his family? We should not deprive them of that right.

And our corporations do not need that pesky EPA to keep them from polluting our land. they have always proven to be impecciable stewards of the land. The EPA is just a good ol boys braucracy that serves no purpose.

Last edited:
The mom and pop shop will not get hit by this tax but the McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts franchisee will. An employer with 500 employees or FTEs is running close to $10,000,000 in payroll expense and $25 million in capitalization. At $1,000,000 net aftertax free cashflow the owner should give strong consideration to sale or liquidation because practically any balanced asset allocation tested would perform better. And that owner is by federal definition a small business owner.

WRONG, McDonald's and DD are the type of franchise that ARE NOT effected by increased income taxes. They are C Corps. They are hit by the dual taxation. They are the ones that get hit by the corporate tax! That is the SECOND HIGHEST CORPORATE TAX IN THE WORLD!!! It's the successful mom and pops that may be hit with this. Its the successful S Corps that will be effected by a raise in income taxes.

Next a person will say, yea, but a lot of the executives including CEO make more than $250K, heck even more than $1 mil. Very true, but taxing these guys on their income in no way shape or form effects the corporation. It doesn't effect the companies bottomline or hiring or firing ability. So in my opinion who gives a fuck.

What I care about is raising taxes on SUCCESSFUL S Corps, LLC, LP, GP or LLP which make up the bulk of US employers.

Yes the large corps get hit negatively by the capital gains increase through lose of investment dollars, but that is a different discussion!

true we need no labor laws, we are certain our corporations will always treat their employees honorably and fairly.

And why should a 10yr old not be able to work to help support his family? We should not deprive them of that right.

And our corporations do not need that pesky EPA to keep them from polluting our land. they have always proven to be impecciable stewards of the land. The EPA is just a good ol boys braucracy that serves no purpose.

Where did I say no labor laws or enviromental protections? NO WHERE! Both are needed. However, the majority of these laws are counter productive, because some "intellectual!" tried to incorporated every little aspect in 2000 page laws that go right to litigation. I mean our constitutional amendments are paragraphs. Heck you can read the entire constitution in one hour! That needs to be the norm!

Making it simple stupid is way we need to live by. It would be better for the worker, employer and United States in general!

First of all the video is the work of a special interest and is a great example of propaganda. For a counter-point I suggest everyone who raves about this short, professionally produced video rent Capitalism, a love story. Also propaganda, but one researched and with examples worthy of consideration. Not that I expect the echo chamber is willing to look at an issue from all sides.

Where did I say no labor laws or enviromental protections? NO WHERE! Both are needed. However, the majority of these laws are counter productive, because some "intellectual!" tried to incorporated every little aspect in 2000 page laws that go right to litigation. I mean our constitutional amendments are paragraphs. Heck you can read the entire constitution in one hour! That needs to be the norm!

Making it simple stupid is way we need to live by. It would be better for the worker, employer and United States in general!

Making it simple stupid? Well we tried that by electing Bush, did not work.

Making it simple stupid? Well we tried that by electing Bush, did not work.

Or keeping it simple stupid is the phrase.

There are some great laws. Clean Water Act turned of water ways from some of the dirtest to the cleanest in the world. The Clean Air Act ended acid rain and made our air clean. CERCLA (don't ask me what it stands for you can google it) or the Superfund is a great environment law that has to deal with abandoned waste sites and the clean up of waste sites. Three great environmental laws!

HOWEVER, then you RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act)! RCRA has many go points, but it become over-reaching and over encumbering and counter productive in many cases! If it was shortened it would be a better law!

I doubt you ever will get it....

The belief, much less a tax bracket that declares a tax payer is wealthy at $250K is crazy, stupid and absolute BS.....

For most successful Americans it is earned, where in the world today besides America is the opportunity for success greater? This belief we can tax ourselves to succeed as a nation in a world economy is ass backwards.....

We have a government that is broken, it continues to spend more than it takes in.....

To continue the policy that our most successful citizens need to carry a greater burden will only deteriorate the country that has lead the world for 234 years.....

tax brackets don't declare certain people wealthy, that's just crazy speak.

And no, I don't get the sense of entitlement that folks who by virtue of luck or fate or picking their parents carefully, end up living lives of relative luxury yet still complaining exhibit.

Forum List

Back