Here's Why The Media Denies it Was Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoliticalChic, Nov 12, 2009.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,985
    Let me share with my fellow board members a theory that helps us explain all of the administration and MSM proclamations that...
    1. Major Hasan was just a ‘nut,’ and his actions were not related to Islamofascist terrorism
    2. We should wait until ‘all the evidence is in’…
    3. Better we take a pass on identifying Major Hasan’s motivations than risk losing ‘diversity’
    4. It's all those right-wingers...

Here is the real skinny’
    1. Anyone who hasn’t lived in a distant cave for the last decade knows that this was an act of Islamo-fascist terrorism
    2. We had to rely on the British press to find out Major Hasans outbursts and links to terrorists.
    3. Red-flags as to the dangers posed by this individual were buried based on a fear of being painted with the red letter “R” for racist.

Here is Dick Morris’ analysis, one which ties together both sets of bullet-points:

A major criticism of both Candidate Obama and of President Obama was that his attitude and actions with respect to protecting this country form Moslem terrorism was both the laxity and use of the power of government to investigate and restrict, vis-à-vis the Bush Administration.
    1. Close Gitmo
    2. Make nice with captured terrorists
    3. Pressure interrogators to restrict investigations
    4. Create the atmosphere that makes citizens reluctant to question any 'strange' activities

Many said we would suffer the effects of this ‘new’ attitude, and that if there were to be acts of terrorism, they would be the responsibility of President Obama..

Now we see the big push by the administration and the media to shield the President by announcing that this was surely not terrorism: anything but.

It's your call.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Pretty much agree with that.

I do think we should wait until all the evidence is known, however, a couple of things are now clear:

1. He's guilty.
    2. His faith played some part in his ramage.

However, I also think this man is basically a coward who seemed only to have an issue with the Military when he was told to deploy.

I want to see more information about who knew what about this guy and when they knew it before I rush to condemn the Army, the FBI or anyone else. However, on the evidence as it stands, it appears that political correctness and fear of being labeled a racist or Islamophobe played some part in preventing this horrific incident. To me, if that is shown to be fact, that is outrageous.

3. drsmith1072

drsmith1072 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250

LOL It's funny how you end your spin and propaganda with "it's your call" when you had already prepped your counter insult and attack if the reader didn't agree with your spin. oh and since you went there when were "red flags" discovered and who buried them??

The sad thing is that you are trying to spin this that the administration and media are out to "shield" the president while you are apparently out to blame him based on your spin from dick morris when you have presented no factual evidence to support your OPINIONS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  4. namvet

namvet Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,815
    so now what ??? send him to Gitmo??? :lol:

5. veritas

veritas OBKB

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Going on a shooting rampage and killing/maiming people IS terrorism. Just like it is when somebody goes postal at work or at school. People commit terroristic acts because they feel impotent against the system. They want to get noticed, or suicide themselves or go to jail.

Hasan is not going to Afghanistan now. He's a sick unit, regardless of his religious leanings.

As always, we have this wacky thing called due process. Motive isn't essential to the process however, so we may never know what flipped his switch. I'm sure his lawyers will keep him from saying anything except in the court martial. Until then, you can stop holding your breath.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Nah, just shoot the SOB. Or would that be a waste of resources?

7. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,707
    Gotta luv ya Cali. My sentiments exacty.
    This guy was in contact with a jihadist in Yemen. Sure the weather wasn't under discussion. He is an American born Muslim and his faith obviously meant more to him than his country or fellow soldiers. I will be interested to see what else investigation will reveal. Was he a nut job? Don't really care. Actions speak louder than words and his actions were those of a terrorist. Hope he burns in hell along with the rest of the terrorists.

8. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    He is an American citizen and deserves his day in court.

If found guilty.

I would support the death sentence.

9. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I'm not yet a subscriber to the "Islamo-Terrorist" theory. Nor will I at any point be blaming the President for the massacre. I blame the alleged shooter. The "alleged" shooter because, no matter what else happens, he is innocent until proven guilty and has the same rights no matter what he's accused of doing.

All of that said, I want to see a full Congressional investigation, a complete accounting of who knew what, when and what they did/didn't do about it and why. I want this guy's activities investigated and brought out into the open.

Until then, I draw no conclusions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. namvet

namvet Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,815
    if he goes in front of a liberal judge case dismissed