Here’s why people flipping burgers and dunking fries SHOULD receive $15 per hour

$15 an hour for making a hamburger? Nope.

Step 1. Press buttons for type of burger, your choice of condiments and other food items.

Step 2: Automated devices will prepare your meal.

Step 3: Insert proper amount of payment into the machine.

Step 4: Retrieve food from dispenser.

Step 5: Get beverage from beverage dispenser.

You have someone watch the eating area for clean ups and to monitor inventory in the machines. THAT person gets $15/hour.

It’s not overpaying based on the simple logic of the cost of living standards. If you weren’t a dumb rightwinger, you’d understand that.

I don't a rat's ass about COL. Not my problem. I'll pay what the work is worth to me. If it's not agreeable, move along. I'll find someone else.
Yeah but no one cares what you think anyway. The grown ups are going to find ways to alleviate poverty.

Want to alleviate poverty? Write to your representative and tell them we need a requirement that anybody who applies for public assistance be fixed first. No more having babies you can't afford. You can't solve poverty when you have poverty popping out poverty children by the millions. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know.
See what’s dumb about your logic is that when it comes to kids a mom can’t pay for, the benefits she receives is meant for her kids. The kids don’t choose to be born at the wrong time. Also, shaming these moms accomplishes nothing besides making yourself feel superior and tough in comparison. Sometimes fathers ditch their families. I don’t see you assclowns shaming the fathers for not sticking around after getting a woman pregnant.

Nope. Same goes for the father as well. If a male applicant has children he's not supporting, he doesn't get one dime until he's had a vasectomy first; paid for by us taxpayers of course.

There is nothing illogical about my comment. I've seen it all too many times; women having children just to get more government benefits. The more kids she has, the bigger HUD house in the suburbs, the larger the SNAP's card, the larger the welfare checks.

Correct, the kids don't choose when they are born--our government does via taxpayers.

You can't stop poverty by providing incentives to create more poverty. It's just a dumb concept.
Okay it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest women profit off of having more children on food stamps. The average kid gets about $133 per month. Do you honestly think $133 is all it takes for a child’s need per month? Hell, either way the child still eats the food they get from SNAP.

I don't a rat's ass about COL. Not my problem. I'll pay what the work is worth to me. If it's not agreeable, move along. I'll find someone else.
Yeah but no one cares what you think anyway. The grown ups are going to find ways to alleviate poverty.

Want to alleviate poverty? Write to your representative and tell them we need a requirement that anybody who applies for public assistance be fixed first. No more having babies you can't afford. You can't solve poverty when you have poverty popping out poverty children by the millions. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know.
See what’s dumb about your logic is that when it comes to kids a mom can’t pay for, the benefits she receives is meant for her kids. The kids don’t choose to be born at the wrong time. Also, shaming these moms accomplishes nothing besides making yourself feel superior and tough in comparison. Sometimes fathers ditch their families. I don’t see you assclowns shaming the fathers for not sticking around after getting a woman pregnant.

Nope. Same goes for the father as well. If a male applicant has children he's not supporting, he doesn't get one dime until he's had a vasectomy first; paid for by us taxpayers of course.

There is nothing illogical about my comment. I've seen it all too many times; women having children just to get more government benefits. The more kids she has, the bigger HUD house in the suburbs, the larger the SNAP's card, the larger the welfare checks.

Correct, the kids don't choose when they are born--our government does via taxpayers.

You can't stop poverty by providing incentives to create more poverty. It's just a dumb concept.
Okay it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest women profit off of having more children on food stamps. The average kid gets about $133 per month. Do you honestly think $133 is all it takes for a child’s need per month? Hell, either way the child still eats the food they get from SNAP.

And what five year old eats $133.00 of food a month?

I see them at the grocery store all the time. The food stamp people have three to five children. Middle-class cash payers produce under 2 children a year.

Because of their income, kids also eat free at school; some of them providing free breakfast, lunch and dinner year round. This is on top of the SNAP's benefits.

If women don't benefit from having more children on the dole, why do they keep having them? To make things harder on themselves?

I lost a lot of sleep last night. Why? Because I have HUD people living in the house next to me. Because they don't work (or work very little) they are out there slamming their car doors, setting of their car alarms, playing their car radio at 2:00 am on a work night. Do they GAF that I need to get up for work in order to create tax money to support them? Hell no. But government with their social engineering allows them to live in the suburbs with people who do support themselves.

Oh yes, they have it great. Four kids, don't have to work, living in the suburbs with good people. But it's the good people that have to suffer because of it.

ok, don't require McDonald's to pay a living wage but make it illegal for them to hire anyone who needs an income to live.

I see them at the grocery store all the time. The food stamp people have three to five children. Middle-class cash payers produce under 2 children a year.

Because of their income, kids also eat free at school; some of them providing free breakfast, lunch and dinner year round. This is on top of the SNAP's benefits.

If women don't benefit from having more children on the dole, why do they keep having them? To make things harder on themselves?

I lost a lot of sleep last night. Why? Because I have HUD people living in the house next to me. Because they don't work (or work very little) they are out there slamming their car doors, setting of their car alarms, playing their car radio at 2:00 am on a work night. Do they GAF that I need to get up for work in order to create tax money to support them? Hell no. But government with their social engineering allows them to live in the suburbs with people who do support themselves.

Oh yes, they have it great. Four kids, don't have to work, living in the suburbs with good people. But it's the good people that have to suffer because of it.
Lol good people have to suffer huh? The average tax payer pays $36 a year to food stamps. That isn’t suffering.

Look I get it. You like shitting on people on SNAP. It makes you feel manly and superior while not even knowing basic facts about the program itself. Doesn’t that bother you? Not knowing anything about it? Hell a lot of veterans are on food stamps. Are those people parasites? Go ahead. I’ll wait for you to answer that.

I find it rather odd that you somehow know that a family in a store is automatically on food stamps. How do you know this exactly? Are you looking at what they pay with? Are you kidding me? Are you that much of an asshole? How about you mind your own goddamn business? You actually have the nerve to shit on SNAP people even though you are an asshole who likes to snoop in other people’s affairs? Let me ask you this. If you snoop on the customer in front of you, do you ever feel bad they are paying with a debit card for their food when you were looking for a SNAP card? Probably not. You’re an asshole afterall.

I’m not really sure you understand how having children works. You actually think that a mother thinks to herself “if I have another kid, I will make a killing!” That is so stupid lol. She is willing to shoulder the 18 year burden of raising a kid because she would make an extra $133 per month? You still haven’t explained how they are profiting off this. If you’ve noticed, I provide facts. You don’t.

When the RIghtwing thinks of $15 per hour, they see it as a symbol of hard work and skilled labor. The problem with this is that in today’s economy, $15 per hour is a meager wage that in places like Cali or NY still amounts to poverty. Wages for the poor are way behind on the rise of cost of living. As a point of reference, the last time someone could get by on $10.00 per hour was in the 1960s. In fact, if the minimum wage had kept up with the rate of inflation, it should be $20.00 per hour. Now you can make the argument that the government shouldn’t raise the min wage, but that wouldn’t change the fact that $20 per hour is what single people need to live on nationwide. (And no, I am not suggesting we just magically make the min wage $20 per hour).

Now, of course, cons will say “well those people should just learn new skills and get a better job!” The problem with this, however, is that the average age of a fast food worker is 35. This isn’t entirely by choice - it’s just the most readily available job one can get. Higher wage jobs in this country are extremely competitive. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs. This means millions of workers have NO CHOICE but to accept shit paying jobs. More importantly, if these people are making shit wages, how the hell could they find the time and money to learn new skills to get better paying jobs? That is part of the cycle of poverty.

One final point: I’ve never worked fast food, but like many, I’ve been a customer to these businesses. We all know these people just don’t stand around “flipping burgers and dunking fries”. That is a big oversimplification of the job. They all have to take turns running the drive thru, the front registers, and prepare food. It’s non-stop labor from the start of their shift to the end. On top of that, they have to deal with the biggest kind of asshole customers on the planet.

Grampa Murked U

Average Big Mac cost about $5. Frankly, I don’t eat that garbage, so I am A Ok with raising the cost of that crap to pay a 29 year old (the true average age of fast food workers) to make it. And if you think they should make it then open up a burger stand and pay them what you want, or throw a couple bucks at em when you drive thru. But let’s be serious, working at a burger stand was never intended to be a living wage.

When the RIghtwing thinks of $15 per hour, they see it as a symbol of hard work and skilled labor. The problem with this is that in today’s economy, $15 per hour is a meager wage that in places like Cali or NY still amounts to poverty. Wages for the poor are way behind on the rise of cost of living. As a point of reference, the last time someone could get by on $10.00 per hour was in the 1960s. In fact, if the minimum wage had kept up with the rate of inflation, it should be $20.00 per hour. Now you can make the argument that the government shouldn’t raise the min wage, but that wouldn’t change the fact that $20 per hour is what single people need to live on nationwide. (And no, I am not suggesting we just magically make the min wage $20 per hour).

Now, of course, cons will say “well those people should just learn new skills and get a better job!” The problem with this, however, is that the average age of a fast food worker is 35. This isn’t entirely by choice - it’s just the most readily available job one can get. Higher wage jobs in this country are extremely competitive. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs. This means millions of workers have NO CHOICE but to accept shit paying jobs. More importantly, if these people are making shit wages, how the hell could they find the time and money to learn new skills to get better paying jobs? That is part of the cycle of poverty.

One final point: I’ve never worked fast food, but like many, I’ve been a customer to these businesses. We all know these people just don’t stand around “flipping burgers and dunking fries”. That is a big oversimplification of the job. They all have to take turns running the drive thru, the front registers, and prepare food. It’s non-stop labor from the start of their shift to the end. On top of that, they have to deal with the biggest kind of asshole customers on the planet.

Grampa Murked U

Average Big Mac cost about $5. Frankly, I don’t eat that garbage, so I am A Ok with raising the cost of that crap to pay a 29 year old (the true average age of fast food workers) to make it. And if you think they should make it then open up a burger stand and pay them what you want, or throw a couple bucks at em when you drive thru. But let’s be serious, working at a burger stand was never intended to be a living wage.
It doesn’t matter what it was meant to be. It is what it is. Low wage jobs are plentiful because of corporate greed.

Lol good people have to suffer huh? The average tax payer pays $36 a year to food stamps. That isn’t suffering.

Look I get it. You like shitting on people on SNAP. It makes you feel manly and superior while not even knowing basic facts about the program itself. Doesn’t that bother you? Not knowing anything about it? Hell a lot of veterans are on food stamps. Are those people parasites? Go ahead. I’ll wait for you to answer that.

I find it rather odd that you somehow know that a family in a store is automatically on food stamps. How do you know this exactly? Are you looking at what they pay with? Are you kidding me? Are you that much of an asshole? How about you mind your own goddamn business? You actually have the nerve to shit on SNAP people even though you are an asshole who likes to snoop in other people’s affairs? Let me ask you this. If you snoop on the customer in front of you, do you ever feel bad they are paying with a debit card for their food when you were looking for a SNAP card? Probably not. You’re an asshole afterall.

I’m not really sure you understand how having children works. You actually think that a mother thinks to herself “if I have another kid, I will make a killing!” That is so stupid lol. She is willing to shoulder the 18 year burden of raising a kid because she would make an extra $133 per month? You still haven’t explained how they are profiting off this. If you’ve noticed, I provide facts. You don’t.

Maybe you should look up the definition of “fact.”

Yes, I do see those SNAP card users. What kind of idiot says that when somebody is spending YOUR money that YOU worked for, it’s none of his business?

Well F-U, it is my business. When I’m paying for your food, that’s my business. When I pay for your food, and I see you whip out a wad of cash to pay for your cigarettes, wine, flowers, huge bags of dog food, you’re damn right that is my business and I have every right to know.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yes, I do see those SNAP card users. What kind of idiot says that when somebody is spending YOUR money that YOU worked for, it’s none of his business?

Well F-U, it is my business. When I’m paying for your food, that’s my business. When I pay for your food, and I see you whip out a wad of cash to pay for your cigarettes, wine, flowers, huge bags of dog food, you’re damn right that is my business and I have every right to know.

This SNAP program is severely abused. I have been approached several times by people offering to buy my food for me using their card for 70 cents on the dollar. Of course I always accept. If this government is going to give my tax dollars away, then I’ll do what I can to get some back.

This SNAP program is severely abused. I have been approached several times by people offering to buy my food for me using their card for 70 cents on the dollar. Of course I always accept. If this government is going to give my tax dollars away, then I’ll do what I can to get some back.

Funny, that happened to me for the first time a couple of months ago. At first, I didn't know what the guy was talking about. After I figured it out, I told him to go pound a salt bag. But he finally found somebody in line willing to do it for him.

Forum List

Back