Here's where you complain about changes to the advertising

Scooter

Dec 22, 2006
Google ad up top is smaller.

Ads after the 2nd post now rotate from a variety of sources (including display ads).

Footer ad is also the new rotating variety.

Flame away.

:cool:

Google ad up top is smaller.

Ads after the 2nd post now rotate from a variety of sources (including display ads).

Footer ad is also the new rotating variety.

Flame away.

:cool:

Personally, I liked it better way back when there weren't any ads. :)

Personally, I liked it better way back when there weren't any ads. :)

Should we charge a subscription fee for basic access then? :sad:

We plan to develop premium subscription offerings which will involve special access to good political/election content sometime later this year.

Should we charge a subscription fee for basic access then? :sad:

We plan to develop premium subscription offerings which will involve special access to good political/election content sometime later this year.

Recreate a Paypal account for donations.

I'll be interested in seeing how you develop a blended site here. I've been a participant and an architect of several subscription-based boards in addition to the freebies. In solution-based forums (tech support and the like), I understand how to separate the free-info forums and the for-pay support forums, but I'm kinda at a loss as to how that business model can apply to a political discussion board. Usually the informational forums are free, but the services forums require subscription. Should be educational for me, so more power to ya!

As regards the advertising, what has to be, has to be. I haven't seen anything objectionable so far.

I'll be interested in seeing how you develop a blended site here. I've been a participant and an architect of several subscription-based boards in addition to the freebies. In solution-based forums (tech support and the like), I understand how to separate the free-info forums and the for-pay support forums, but I'm kinda at a loss as to how that business model can apply to a political discussion board. Usually the informational forums are free, but the services forums require subscription. Should be educational for me, so more power to ya!

As regards the advertising, what has to be, has to be. I haven't seen anything objectionable so far.

What I've seen is this:

The main forums are free.. For subscription rates, that were roughly $10 for 6 months, there was additional space for PMs alotted, and there was access to additional forums that were not shown on the normal foum list.

We're hoping to get a deal together to provide access to polling data and things like that for our subscriptions. This data would be detailed, not publically available type of stuff. Real blood and guts of the campaign trail. Thus, the subscriber will get access to premium/non-user generated content as well as a Subscriber forum with a(theoretically) higher level of discourse.

We're hoping to get a deal together to provide access to polling data and things like that for our subscriptions. This data would be detailed, not publically available type of stuff. Real blood and guts of the campaign trail. Thus, the subscriber will get access to premium/non-user generated content as well as a Subscriber forum with a(theoretically) higher level of discourse.

Gotcha. Sounds promising. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Maybe you're overthinking it? Just try selling to members that donations will be used to keep the board free of advertising. Worked on me more than a couple of times.;)

Maybe you're overthinking it? Just try selling to members that donations will be used to keep the board free of advertising. Worked on me more than a couple of times.;)

On another board I belong to, members can pay $20 a year for an ad free experience. Those that don't pay get ads.

Simple.

Forum List

Back