Here's What Wall Street Really Wants From Washington

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Here's What Wall Street Really Wants From Washington

The core fact is that markets haven't sold off nearly as much as you'd expect if Wall Street were really freaking out. This is not because Washington pols have told their Wall Street paymasters about a secret deal that just hasn't reached the ears of those of us reporting from down here. Nor are they calm because they think that a failure to raise the debt ceiling will be no big deal. They certainly don't believe that a forced spending cut of 40% will somehow make us extra-super-more-likely to make us pay off our debt.

No, they're relatively calm because they simply cannot bring themselves to believe that we're not, in the end, going to raise the ceiling. It's too outlandish that we would, through the collective action of our congressmen, suddenly and for no apparent reason shoot ourselves in the head.

That makes sense. So. What's next? 14th Amendment invocation?

It's too outlandish that we would, through the collective action of our congressmen, suddenly and for no apparent reason shoot ourselves in the head.

I think you're missing the point. Its such a huge crisis because $14trillion is such a crisis. The $14T does not go away with a debt ceiling increase, it only gets worse.

The sooner the liberal addict gets into treatment the better. Don't forget BO wanted a clean increase because his is oblivious to fiscal responsibility. What do you expect from a guy who was raised by 2 communist parents and voted to the left of Bernie Sanders?

• Banned
It's too outlandish that we would, through the collective action of our congressmen, suddenly and for no apparent reason shoot ourselves in the head.

I think you're missing the point. Its such a huge crisis because $14trillion is such a crisis. The $14T does not go away with a debt ceiling increase, it only gets worse.

The sooner the liberal addict gets into treatment the better. Don't forget BO wanted a clean increase because his is oblivious to fiscal responsibility. What do you expect from a guy who was raised by 2 communist parents and voted to the left of Bernie Sanders?

Quick question. Did every other President up to and including Bush get a clean increase?

Why is he different.

Quick question. Did every other President up to and including Bush get a clean increase?

Why is he different.

BINGO Ms. Boop!!!!!! :clap2:

Why is he different.

1) because he had 2 communist parents

2) because his debt will be more than all other American presidents combined.

3) because his recession is the worst since the Great Depression.

• Banned

Why is he different.

Damn, a neocon got through my 'ignore' curtain.

Buh-bye.

P.S.: You forgot "He's black."

Why is he different.
The views of American voters are different. Americans see a growing and unsustainable debt, and they want to stop it. The fact that they did not realize this problem prior to Obama is a moot point.

Why is he different.

Buh-bye.

translation: As a liberal I lack the intelligence to respond with substance, and I'll play the race card.

Why is he different.

Buh-bye.

Hmmm, the only one I see mentioning race is you.

Hack.

Why is he different.

Buh-bye.

And hes' Kenyan

And he's nothing more than a community organiser

Yadda, yadda, yadda..

Forum List

Back